Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Ardennes posted:

The problem is it seems like people are still living anyway and the government is if anything, restoring order in some areas. It is miserable, no doubt, but that doesn't mean that Gaza is going to disappear either.

Israeli can't kill everyone and they can't actually level it to the ground as much as they have hoped, they are killed plenty of people and embittered them but without any military goal they are spinning their wheels.

you reminded me of a book i keep meaning to read

quote:

This book explores the evolution of Americans' first way of war, to show how war waged again Indian noncombatant population and agricultural resources became the method early Americans' employed and, ultimately, defined their military heritage. The sanguinary story of the American conquest of the Indian peoples east of the Mississippi River helps demonstrate how early Americans embraced warfare shaped by extravagant violence and focused on conquest. Grenier provides a major revision in understanding the place of warfare directed on noncombatants in the American military tradition, and his conclusions are relevant to understand US "special operations" in the War on Terror.

afaik grenier is not anti-america, he just had the historical basis to reach the insight that GWOT "counter-insurgency" strategies were nothing innovative, just a return to the true roots of the US military tradition.

anyway i think the military goal is to make the indigenous way of life untenable and reduce them either to a subaltern population alienated from any means of subsistence besides selling their labor, or to dust and ashes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

i guess she wants to die? that is a strand in the settler mentality. the "death drive".

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

no diaper, 3/5

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

ohhhohohoho, THIS place

it's fuckin incredible. did you try any of the fish? stunning.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Justin Tyme posted:

They just like death and hatred for mankind

it's poisoning their brainwashed minds

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

CheetoVonTito posted:

I swear, I don’t know what makes them so brazen to go in another country that you’re visiting as a tourist, and start harassing their people.

this is, how you say, the settler's entire deal

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Zedhe Khoja posted:

they already announced they’re putting loving Sabra, who wears an Israeli flag as a cape, in the next capeshit blockbuster

named after a neighborhood in beirut where the colonial forces massacred a refugee camp in 1982

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

you don't get it, the pope said these people belonged to us, it's all very aboveboard

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Didn't Colombia and Israel have really questionable and bad ties with one another? Like they worked together to do some really heinous poo poo.

in the past, yeah. chavez called them "the israel of latin america". things have really changed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

i literally pray for the safety of gustavo petro sometimes