Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/alexnpress/status/1730334077167808541

Rolling Thunder but AI driven for extra war crimes

dti

Gesticulating wildly and insisting that my Dinosaur Island dice set be put on trial instead of me as they're hauling me off to the Hague

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

There was a sweet, ordinary person living there until Israel, the US and their NATO allies decided to ethnically cleanse them and destroy everything.

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

FlapYoJacks posted:

Ordinary person? You mean a whore who had underwear and liked sex?????????

Perhaps the deeper sadness is that there are still people who could put up a video like that, thinking it's an indictment of someone, on the internet

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

Wanting to look nice for your partner on a Saturday night - sentence: actual death

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

Oh, you enjoy being in your apartment, cuddling on the couch with your loved one, watch something on netflix, having a little fun in the bedroom

Benjamin Netanyahu, Joe Biden and Jens Stoltenberg solemnly nodding their heads in unison: You deserve death, let's kill this person and everything they love

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

Wow, those guys on TV really cared about morals while murdering at least 200 doctors in Gaza

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

It's also morality theater, great thing for the media to put out there to distract from the real crimes

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

I'm already seeing articles about how Yemen's blockade will cause more inflation and make your grocery bills go up, citizen

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

euphronius posted:

are non US empire press actually calling it a genocide ? not being snarky just curious

No. It's either "the Hamas-Israel war" or "the war in the Middle East". Now "Prime Minister concerned that Houthis are attacking our ships"

Edit: Misread that. Non-US but not Non-US empire.

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

Diet Crack posted:

I didn't know tanks could fire "light" shells - they tend to just shoot the round they're designed for..

For Israeli hostages they use only the lightest of explosives, dew picked and flown from America, sealed in a succulent Swedish quintuple smooth shell rolled from the very mildest of steels and lovingly loaded by crew in tactical protective underwear

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

How the gently caress can you be an Israeli called Hitler

Very brazenly

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

crepeface posted:

lol not even norway!?!?!

edit: oops linked the wrong tweet:

https://x.com/IranObserver0/status/1738572049583341702?s=20

I bet they'd love to, but the pro-Palestine demonstrators have numbered in the tens of thousands.

Oslo opera house last weekend. The ruling coalition's approval is already the worst it's been post-wwii. Also, Norwegian frigates love tankers and sinking themselves on them. So they're in a tough spot, lol.

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

fosborb posted:

"carloads?" what are they driving, mini coops?

You're overthinking it. It's just the standard nazi unit of reference

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

RedSky posted:

I'm glad Twitter has become more overtly a right wing poo poo hole. Everyone needs to get the gently caress off Twitter and all of the other megacorp social media channels.

Mostly they won't. Must be on Twitter to follow your beloved megacorp propagandizers

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

Raskolnikov38 posted:

meanwhile Americans faced with 81mm mortar fire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwNUMM4iRb0

After this, Youtube suggested a video from a paragliding vacation in India

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

They could've called for a ceasefire, but didn't. Everything else is just fluff. Yeah, no poo poo the words make Israel look bad, but they don't care about that, as they've shown abundantly.

Al-Saqr posted:

wait till the end

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

Orange Devil posted:

Thus the court has voted to institute, with a 15-2 majority (16-1 on points 2 and 3) the following provisional measures:

1. Israel must take all measures within its power to prevent commission of acts of genocide. Including killing, seriously injuring, inflicting living standards calculated to bring about the physical destruction of the group and/or imposing measures preventing births.

2. Israel must take all measures within its power to punish those calling for or having committed any of the above.

3. Israel must take immediate and effective measures to provide humanitarian aid.

4. Israel must take immediate and effective measures to prevent destruction of evidence of genocide.

5. Israel must provide a report to the court about all of the above in 1 month. South Africa is then allowed to comment on it.

All of these measures are binding and create international legal obligations to all parties

The court trusts Israel to do the right thing ("within its power" - allowing some accidental genocide). And as far as I can tell, "measures" is left for Israel to define. That's why they've already made a big deal of allowing two aid trucks per day or whatever.

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I hate every poster who can't accept when good things happen, even when they could be better. Stop being loving doomers. Hamas has said they are hopeful about this development.

Hopeful, but realist. The genocide case should be part of every conversation until the conclusion (complete dissolution of Israel, obviously) in a couple of years. I could be wrong though, maybe this opens the door for more countries and institutions to act. Next couple of weeks will be interesting.

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

I think they validated the incitement charges. I'd look to them being pinned on a few select individuals depending on where their political fortune chips fall.

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

OctaMurk posted:

I think very close. The weatern countries already want to sanction "violent settlers" as a fig leaf

I wonder if the travel restrictions aren't also due to a genuine fear of them going back to their other country and doing a terror there. It'd look very bad for the politicians that let that happen

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

Joe is suspending funding to the UNRWA to speed things up and get the killing over with in time for elections.

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

Starsfan posted:

that Joe Biden is one sick son of a bitch. I surely hope someone rises up on the political scene to put him in his place.

*sniffff* *click*

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

Trump's gonna point at this as he defunds the rest of the UN

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

Grimson posted:

citations needed just dropped a newsbrief on the pr spin around the icj ruling
https://citationsneeded.libsyn.com/news-brief-the-icj-ruling-and-the-essentialness-of-squishy-western-liberal-support-for-genocide
In this public News Brief we react to the media spin around the ICJ's genocide ruling against Israel and how framing by the NYT and BBC seeks to uphold the logic of the so called "war".

Nice cast, short and sweet. They're right that if the ICJ had linked the war to the genocide and called for a stop to it, the PR blob would've moved the goalposts and called the ICJ itself into question. We saw that kind of thing with the Iraq invasion. But it's a narrative that's harder to sustain, so it's still a loophole they left in to be exploited in exactly this way.

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

Sancho Banana posted:

"The State Comptroller will begin examining the events of October 7th in the coming weeks, and will interrogate senior army officials - among them former Chief of Staff Aviv Kohavi"

https://twitter.com/newsisrael13/status/1750965640574255147?t=bOhqTmQjRMPDM8Kaes4FdQ&s=19

Do you think it'll bring more clarity to the IDF's civilian body count, or is it more of a "why didn't we defend better" investigation?

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

quote:

UK Navy has advised vessels to transit Red Sea extra super carefully

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

It's pretty simple: don't get hit

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

Isn't Qatar arguably doing some good by letting Al Jazeera exist? They seem to have some very good journalists working for them.

Predictably, Blinken is not a fan.

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

Norway is standing by the UNRWA:

https://www.reuters.com/world/norway-urging-unrwa-donors-reflect-wider-consequences-cutting-funding-2024-01-31/

The govt is a bunch of spineless cowards though, so here's hoping they stay more fearful of their constituents than the US.

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

TrekBek posted:

I saw this and honestly thought it was anti-israel until I saw who posted it.

https://twitter.com/MichaelRapaport/status/1754143738228552070

Bottom pic is a pretty bad shop. Probably based on an IDF hostage

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

börja posta, börja böga

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

euphronius posted:

strange that everyone brought the same tent

At least they have one each. Can you imagine if they had to share

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

carcinofuck posted:

new atheists are the most tonedeaf of all

It keeps happening. Every life philosophy mass movement turns into some kind of weird cult, especially when facilitated by internets. "Rationalists" are another more recent example. They're anything but.

e: Ok, catching up on the thread now.

RIP Syndrome has issued a correction as of 09:44 on Feb 8, 2024

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

Someone here predicted this. Let Israel do the thing, pin everything on bad apple, problem solved.

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

Tom Guycot posted:

The sad thing is, while its fun to go "lol good boy", since this is being reported by israeli press, its more likely the real story is "hungry shell shocked dogs come up to israeli soldiers hoping these humans will help them, while the IOF soldiers laugh and shoot at them for target practice and abuse them, so one dog managed to bite a soldier who was kicking it or something.

Pretty sure they're killing every single dog they can get their hands on and this is preemptive justification in case it gets reported

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

An IDF guy made an anime about his dog killing career

Sometimes they come back

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

We're trying to run a democracy here. You have to go through the proper channels.

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

I wonder if Anders Behring Breivik feels like he's missing out.

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

Spergin Morlock posted:

wasn't the complaint that they only let him have a PS2 even though the PS3 was out? lol

I don't know if this was addressed after his various human rights appeals, but the coffee tended to be cold by the time they served it to him, and he suspected they were doing it on purpose as a form of torture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

Come and See