Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Pooky posted:

https://twitter.com/IDF/status/1710580568302223374
graphics rapid response team clocked in

LOL shittiest operation name yet. Cloud pillar and protective edge were OK, this time they just went "war = weapon = sword, call it operation swords or something". Fuckin' hacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

I'm just now noticing that this is happening exactly, to the day, 50 years after the Yom Kippur war, in which the IDF infamously got caught unprepared and which occured on a Jewish holiday, and it's Simchat Torah (and shabbat) right now. What did God mean by this?

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Al-Saqr posted:

Oh my god, the video of the old lady posing with a hamas fighter posted earlier was actually the ISRAELI DEFENCE MINISTERS AUNT

https://twitter.com/_Hareem_Shah/status/1710619769139847433?s=20

Is she being held hostage?

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I love it when the hostage takers give rifles to their hostages

Look man, it's an old rear end lady, if she can actually run or fire that thing I would be impressed. Maybe they did it for the lulz.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Currently dying laughing at Ukrainian flag accounts on Twitter siding with Israel and saying this attack was secretly orchestrated by putin

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Al-Saqr posted:

lol why would Hezbollah ever tell the egyptian military anything you might as well have told the Israelis yourself.

Hezbollah is just flaunting their dicks. They WANT Israel to know.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

HallelujahLee posted:

this seems very different than other times it actually looks like they want to reclaim and hold the land

What "other times" lmao. Unless I'm stupidly misremembering this is the first time that Palestinian resistence groups in Gaza have actually tried to opccupy and reclaim Israeli territory. For the past couple decades, all they've done is launch a couple pussy rear end missiles at random sidewalks in Tel Aviv and occasionally shoot up a restaurant. What's happening right now is unprecedented.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

HallelujahLee posted:

yes op thats what i said

Sorry then, I read your post as saying that they've invaded before but didn't try actually holding the territory for a while.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Al-Saqr posted:

hey guys quick question if a german stole the jewelry of jewish people in europe but killed those jewish people in Aushwitz do the germans get to keep the jewelry or do they have to hand it over to the surviving relatives of the victims.

I dunno man I'm pretty sure the diamonds used in the making of that jewlery were first dug up by the german's distant ancestor in Gaul 2000 years ago

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

https://twitter.com/N12News/status/1710686647732310293?t=QScwbKXBrBRS0ZvGHluiLQ&s=19

picture of captured Palestinian fighters

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Frosted Flake posted:

Since '73.

I've posted the studies about it in the Ukraine thread, and there are quite a few books about the IDF that cover this, but armies in prolonged occupations are not good at fighting wars.

Interesting. Do you mind listing some of those books?

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Frosted Flake posted:

A History of Military Occupation from 1792 to 1914
How Democracies Lose Small Wars: State, Society, and the Failures of France in Algeria, Israel in Lebanon, and the United States in Vietnam
Divining Victory: Airpower in the 2006 Israel-Hezbollah War
Occupational Hazards: Success and Failure in Military Occupation
Native vs. Settler: Ethnic Conflict in Israel, Palestine, Northern Ireland, and South Africa
Israel's Death Hierarchy: Casualty Aversion in a Militarized Democracy
Through the Crosshairs: War, Visual Culture, and the Weaponized Gaze
The 1973 Yom Kippur War and the Reshaping of Israeli Civil–Military Relations
The Politics of Military Occupation
Arab-Israeli Military Forces in an Era of Asymmetric Wars
Offense and Defense in Israeli Military Doctrine
Transition to Adulthood During Military Service: The Israeli Case
Military and Militarism in Israeli Society

Thanks!

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Clearly hamas hasn't studied John lennon's "imagine"

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

fizzy posted:

Bad news for students in Israel - The Israel Defense Forces announces that schools across the entire country will remain closed in the coming days.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/idf-says-schools-to-remain-closed-across-the-country-amid-fighting/

IDF says schools to remain closed across the country amid fighting
By Emanuel Fabian
Today, 3:30 pm

The Israel Defense Forces announces that schools across the entire country will remain closed in the coming days amid ongoing fighting between Israel and terror groups in the Gaza Strip, as the Home Front Command extends existing restrictions.

Additionally, businesses south of Netanya and north of the central Negev can only be opened if there is ready access to bomb shelters, the military says.

Gatherings are restricted to 10 people outdoors and 50 people indoors in those areas, the IDF Home Front Command says.

The restrictions are valid till Tuesday at 6 p.m., but will likely be extended further amid the fighting.

"Bad news" :airquote:
Those kids probably aren't complaining

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Cpt_Obvious posted:

This poo poo is crazy but let's keep in mind that even soldiers are just brainwashed conscripts.

It's not THAT difficult to dodge the draft, and if you're afraid of getting disowned by your parents or something, it's also not that hard to avoid being a combatant and you have to TRY to be a serious intelligence guy or something. Just land one of those bureaucratic office jobs where you just make a bunch of bullshit phone calls and paperwork instead if actually meaningfully contributing and sit on your rear end until you're free.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

mcmagic posted:

One of the cool things about isreali society is this giant bloc of fundies who are the most bloodthirsty reactionaries and empower the most bloodthirsty political leaders and they keep having a million kids who don't have to serve in the army lol

ultra-orthodox right wing jews who oppose zionism for theological reasons are so funny. Accidently right about one thing for the wrong reasons and have been since the 19th century.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Has Hamas tried just doing this

Sancho Banana has issued a correction as of 19:08 on Oct 8, 2023

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Palestine pooped in my potato salad

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Looking into this

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Heartbroken to report that the Palestinian resistance has been hit with a brutal, relentless, unceasing onslaught of Ws in the last 48 hours

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

I wonder what Israelis will call themselves/get called once the river and the sea link up. "Palestinians" would sound wrong even if they would technically live in a nation called Palestine, so what? "Israeli Palestinians"? "Jewish Palestinians"? Just Israelis still?

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

https://twitter.com/zhangyong02/status/1711284605620273405

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

We must extract and study the brains of people who look at major political events, let alone this one, and instantly react with "oh god I hope my favorite pop star has the right opinion about this".

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

fizzy posted:

Bad news for the Gaza Strip - Defense Minister Yoav Gallant says he has ordered a “complete siege” of the Gaza Strip.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/defense-minister-announces-complete-siege-of-gaza-no-power-food-or-fuel/

Defense minister announces ‘complete siege’ of Gaza: No power, food or fuel
By EMANUEL FABIAN
4 min ago

Defense Minister Yoav Gallant says he has ordered a “complete siege” of the Gaza Strip, as Israel fights the Hamas terror group.

“I have ordered a complete siege on the Gaza Strip. There will be no electricity, no food, no fuel, everything is closed,” Gallant says following an assessment at the IDF Southern Command in Beersheba.

“We are fighting human animals and we are acting accordingly,” he adds.

Holy poo poo

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

https://twitter.com/N12News/status/1711404953644806295?t=hrf0-OdQuGnCKJzOhxm9-g&s=19

A Hezbollah operative got killed in Israel's attack in Lebanon.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

As a liberal I cannot tolerate Hamas committing war crimes in response to Israeli war crimes therefore I support these Israeli war crimes being committed in response to Hamas's war crimes

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Al! posted:

death to israel actually

Highly distressed by this conflict, please consider a two post solution

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Mischievous Mink posted:

If you've ever been in the idf you are complicit in genocide and crimes against humanity.

But have you considered: I heard once that iof military bases have grocery stores where soldiers can buy snacks and poo poo, and there are some soldiers who's whole job is to man the cash registers. What about the potato chips cashier guys

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

err posted:

is there Western consensus on how many children need to die as retribution?

4:1? 7:1?

As far as western ghouls are concerned, Israel can murder as many kids as it takes.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

The 300 IQ secret Russian strategy of firing a lot of makeshift rockets to counter the missile defense system that requires rockets not manufactured in a garage and which are therefore less plentiful

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

https://twitter.com/Worldsource24/status/1711435626329899253?t=2BBXhsE-RnXFV_AKeNDJgg&s=19

ruh ro

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Al! posted:

except for psycho settlers israel doesnt really want the land it carefully selected to throw away to the inferior race

Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't Israel try to give Gaza to Egypt as part of their peace treaty but Egypt refused to take it?

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Nonsense posted:

Who must go?

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

What if they smashed down the wall and marched straight to the polls?

pokemon go to your deaths for my comfort please

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

SpaceDrake posted:

Utterly classic fascist move, of course. Get the people who might otherwise be on the fence or passively involved in policies deeper into the active policies, and make it so that, once they realize what's going on and what they've been party to, it's too late to back out and the only way forward is more crimes.

Just completely vile for so many reasons. I'm sure arming civilians will go absolutely swimmingly.
Also: welp, there's the two front war I suppose

These are specifically west bank settlers. Unlike your average dude in Tel Aviv who was just unfortunately born in a genocidal apartheid state, these guys have actively, physically participated in the removal of Palestinians from their homes and land, and many are already armed and trained. They're basically paramilitaries. They're not IDF members but they're not exactly regular "civilians" either.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Is there a correct english spelling of Hezbollah/Hizbullah or is this one of those words where they are a bunch of them and none of them are truly correct?

Rizzbullah

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

*with a suspiciously iron dome shaped throat* "What's this? The iron dome mysteriously vanished? Oh no! *burp* I hope they find it! I sure haven't seen it anywhere!"

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

AnimeIsTrash posted:

why do people keep on believing these retarded osint accounts

"I like it = true"
"i don't like it = untrue"

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Too Many Birds posted:

tehran is surrounded by mountains it would be an extremely difficult city to attack

An American invasion of Iran would legit be Vietnam 2.0. No way they'll go for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Spaced God posted:

Just like how America didn't go into Vietnam

They've gotten a little smarter. Just a little bit. Enough that things will have to get worse before they really start considering it imo.