Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Biden sucks rear end but guess who still doesn't

https://twitter.com/ReadeAlexandra/status/1393612976905539584?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Did I miss the part where Harry blew up the Slytherin dorm with an air strike? I didn't finish the books.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

crepeface posted:

please don't use these $700m deathstars, they said, handing over the keys

We sold them the deathstar and are now selling them proprietary laser recharge cells while quietly whispering "don't use this on alderaan again ok" and they loudly shout "gently caress YOU" and then make full eye contact while slapping the "blow up alderaan" button

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

So will that number still be zero when the West Bank settlement process is complete and Israel begins bulldozing gaza into the ocean to make way for more settlements.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

brought to you by karls jr

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Epic High Five posted:

I wonder if it got reported to the ADL

Three times

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

The target was totally destroyed, mission complete

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

uber_stoat posted:

Eve is one of those people who have had the online equivalent of getting their legs blown off by a land mine but they never even notice it.

weird its almost like twitter didnt democratize communications and the rich assholes and their sock puppets still control everything

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Atrocious Joe posted:

lol of course Israel and Croatia have close relations
https://www.jpost.com/opinion/what-were-israeli-f-16s-doing-at-controversial-flyover-565103

Israel just loves celebrating ethnic cleansing

Why would an ethno-nationalist apartheid state celebrate an ethnic cleansing :thunk:

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

human garbage bag posted:

I find it hard to believe that a country that recently elected a Jewish president is the most anti-semitic in Europe.

Good gimmick

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Rainbow Knight posted:

What human rights abuses was she referring to when she condemned Hamas? I'm not doubting her since everyone in power has blood on their hands, but her statement (at least the one I read) was vague and I just don't trust most news sources on the subject right now

quote:

Omar’s tweet stemmed from a question she asked Secretary of State Antony Blinken during a House Foreign Affairs Committee hearing Monday about where victims of attacks by the Israeli or Afghan governments can go for justice.

“We must have the same level of accountability and justice for all victims of crimes against humanity,” she tweeted with a video of her question to Blinken. “We have seen unthinkable atrocities committed by the U.S., Hamas, Israel, Afghanistan, and the Taliban.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/jewish-democrats-omar-israel/2021/06/10/45d5db22-c9e9-11eb-a11b-6c6191ccd599_story.html

She didn't say anything specific, she just bothsides'd it which was thoroughly unacceptable to everyone, good triangulating dem move imo

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Also equating Hamas to the Taliban is pretty great

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

First you get a bunch of mourners together, then you put candles in the paper balloons, then you release them aloft, each candle the flickering memory of a loved one torn from you by the machinery of settler colonialism, then you close your eyes and wait for the sweet embrace of death by self defense

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

crepeface posted:

what's israel's goal here? new leader wants to show he's tougher than bibi on palestine?

The destruction of the Palestinian people by direct violence against them, destruction of infrastructure, and displacement.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

SPD just loves an excuse to do a violence, gathering protesters in any location is sufficient reason to crack some skulls for them

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

etalian posted:

Yeah the modern day PA is basically a great real world of example example of the roman "divide and conquer" tactics.

Maybe it was divide and conquer at one point but now it's basically a mercenary force with an international media friendly brand name

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

fizzy posted:

‘It’s possible to stand with both’: UN official

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

it's funny that people who are self-described pro palestine literally do not have the ability to conceptualize a world in which the palestinians win their own freedom with their own hands and tut tut that by not accepting their own deaths with dignity, they have doomed themselves

with friends like these

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

PhilippAchtel posted:

https://twitter.com/nihalist___/status/1710708745460756921?t=8Ch5isS8sDGpYHxDI3pW6Q&s=19

The comments to this post lol

Yeah, armed struggle is a nasty, brutal affair. You don't have to make excuses when the gross poo poo happens, but I would expect people on the left to be a but more cognizant of how the media narrative is being used to undermine Palestine.

People who are so easily manipulated will never be part of the solution.

I think it's pretty simple; most people who describe themselves as "pro palestine" imagined that "freedom" for palestine would come in the form of a pat on the head by the rules-based international order telling Israel to be nice to them for real this time, Hamas would evaporate from the timeline like in Back to the Future, and regarding the governance of the occupied territories and division of the West Bank, [scene missing]

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Nonsense posted:

They're just blowing up apartments what the gently caress

They always do that

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

"more missiles, bigly" does sound like something trump would say yeah

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

"stop resisting"

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Frosted Flake posted:

It's more it doesn't work against a real threat, which we've learned about a lot of the IDF. It was designed to prevent the Israeli population from ever feeling the consequences of relatively minor incursions into Palestinian areas. Each battery can intercept, iirc, about 40 rockets. That's a lot for rockets built in secret in underground workshops and hidden in a tiny area.

However, a single battery of Grad MRLS, the oldest and most common rocket artillery in use by the regular armies of Israel's neighbours, fires 120 rockets, so already you see the problem. Iron Dome basically serves the same purpose as the border fences and walls - not a real defence against an enemy you take seriously, but something to keep the boot on the neck of a captive people.

Hamas having capabilities that cause real damage - knocking out tanks, overrunning garrisons, attacking into Israel, and firing large salvos of rockets, was not something anyone expected or prepared against.

Let's be real here though - an enemy with air, artillery, and infantry capable of large-scale combined arms operations sitting inside your country amongst a civilian population that you can't effectively police and who constantly receive material aid from your neighbors (who all also hate your guts) because of your own genocidal rear end policies isn't something you can realistically prepare against. Israel manufactured the worst possible version of this situation for themselves and now they're going to make it worse as quickly as their planes can turn around for more sorties.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

holy poo poo the "they should have marched peacefully" take deployed unironically about Palestinian resistance

incredible, absolute perfection

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

I mean, was that common knowledge before?

The system has mostly outperformed expectations up until now, or at least that was the impression I got from reporting on iron dome

The fact that you can just break the system by launching enough rockets is pretty big news

Yeah also it's big news that you can defeat tank armor with more powerful rounds, Trump leaked that too

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

SpaceDrake posted:

Utterly classic fascist move, of course. Get the people who might otherwise be on the fence or passively involved in policies deeper into the active policies, and make it so that, once they realize what's going on and what they've been party to, it's too late to back out and the only way forward is more crimes.

West Bank settlers are without a doubt the most fascist settler colonial fucks on the entire planet and this is just letting them off the chain, they don't need any convincing to do the dirty. They've been begging to be allowed to do it for years.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Sancho Banana posted:

An American invasion of Iran would legit be Vietnam 2.0. No way they'll go for it.

America loves getting into unwinnable imperial wars based on obviously faked intelligence provided by "allies" that not-so-secretly hate the US, it's like America's favorite pastime.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

text editor posted:

now I'm wondering if Ukraine really did sell them weapons

:ironicat:

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Frosted Flake posted:

My concern here is that Israel realizes that they are so badly pressed that if they expend the ordnance and manpower to deal with Hamas, now apparently Hezbollah, their margin of strength over Iran will be insufficient for them to feel "safe". Israel's doctrine seems to be that they must have an unassailable advantage over any given Arab (or indeed Persian) state.

It would make all of the sense in the world for them to draw the US in to deal with Iran for them, so they can terrorize their own (and now apparently Lebanon's) population "safely".

As I mentioned before, the US loving loves getting suckered into unwinnable wars by "allies" that hate the US

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Poppers posted:

Oh loving great. Now we’re going to have this forums usual suspects parroting le epic Father Pixzaballs :imunfunny: for the next loving forever. This has to be the worst possible outcome of this situation.

Poppers posted:

Seems mayhaps I’ve struck a chord no?

Poppers posted:

Genocide… ftw!

pizza balls

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

William Bear posted:

It's CARDINAL Pizza Balls. He didn't get ordained a bishop and incardinated by the Pope himself to be called "Father".

mama mia

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Atrocious Joe posted:

"Not every Palestinian supports Hamas" seems to be the liberal line about why Israel should not do a genocide. Hearing it on the BBC (from Owen Jones?) and MSNBC

What if every Palestinian did support Hamas

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

SourKraut posted:

Welp, it sounds like some genocidin' is back on the menu!

Was it ever off the menu?

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Al! posted:

"made a second home in israel" is an incredible euphemism

took prima noctis in israel

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

smoobles posted:

literally drinking a Guinness right now and raised it to my computer screen

edit:

Ireland continues to be based

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Spaced God posted:

Or tomahawk or whatever the gently caress I'm not very good at whatever catchy name they apply to their wedding smasher 9000

the upgraded models can smash any kind of party, it doesnt even need to be a wedding

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

it seems to be somewhere between mild civillian terror and total sterilization of the gaza strip

i'm hoping it's not as bad as some people ITT are making it out to be personally

it seems to be somewhere between moderate civillian terror and total sterilization of the gaza strip

i'm hoping it's not as bad as some people ITT are making it out to be personally, but yeah it seems really really bad

:allears:

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

fizzy posted:

Bad news for the popular support rating of the current Israeli government - The ironclad social contract that Israeli citizens would serve in the military and live along enemy borders, and in exchange the army would defend them, was shattered Saturday when hundreds of Hamas terrorists breached Israel’s defenses from the Gaza Strip, pouring in by air, land, and sea on a rampage that would leave hundreds dead.

Clearly Hamas doesn't know what they're doing and has doomed their own cause tho (which until this very moment was doing so good and everyone was happy with it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

yeah man sometimes you realize your post sounds worse than you intended it to be so you go back and try to fix it

upgrading "mild" to "moderate" when describing genocide definitely fixed it, good job