Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

mcmagic posted:

There were some shitheads at the DSA rally in times square yesterday holding up swastikas that made it very easy for politicians to disown that rally. I'm glad I didn't go.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Al-Saqr posted:

hey remember that lady the nazis claimed that was raped and killed by Hamas? turns out shes ive and being treated bin a hospital in gaza.

https://twitter.com/conzmoleman/status/1711809444693045284?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

She'll be dead soon enough when israel bombs that hospital.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Because I don't want to be in pictures being in the same rally with guys holding up swastikas that is lib brain?

it's because you painted one guy, an obvious plant, as the prevailing zeitgeist among thousands of people.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

mcmagic posted:

It's very uncowardly to be an aggro rear end in a top hat on a message board.

If you just once acknowledged having said something dumbass instead of always digging deeper holes it'd go a long way toward rehabbing your rep, as we succers have told you.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Soggy Muffin posted:

I’m about 60 pages behind this thread. Can someone please give me a summary of the important things that happened in bullet form. Thank you!

* everything that's come out of u.s. or israeli media is a lie

* hamas has awakened the sleeping giant of support for gaza

* mcmagic is a dumbass

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

mcmagic posted:

i'm sure you're in the streets every day willa. you really are much braver than me.

I admit when I make mistakes, which was the point of my post. It doesn't take bravery; it takes shame.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

someone send AOC a box of kleenex.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I just, if the baby thing were even a fraction true (like a single beheaded baby) it would be immediately and overwhelmingly made public, there’d be no dancing around confirming or denying, that’s not the kind of thing you keep quiet on, it’s just so unfathomably obviously false it’s breaking my brain that anyone believes it

I'm kinda surprised there haven't been photoshops/deep fakes of such.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Nonsense posted:

lol that the swastika guy dropped off the face of the planet after that photo was taken

he's back at langley

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

Very easy for Langley to do this

:argh:

Willa Rogers has issued a correction as of 00:22 on Oct 12, 2023

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Gorman Thomas posted:

If my mom called me to tell me that Coachella was under siege by armed men flying in on hang gliders I'd have to tell her to call back because I can't hear her over the wind.

lmao

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

1. She's now the Bad Naomi

2. WTF would trust biden's memory on anything? This is the guy who claims his dad pointed out gay men in business suits kissing each other on the streets on baltimore in 1964, five years before stonewall, among his hundreds of other lies.

He's on up there with reagan when it comes to substituting movie-scene memories with irl events.

Willa Rogers has issued a correction as of 01:19 on Oct 12, 2023

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Language truly is a thing to behold:
"i never really thought that i would see, and have confirmed pictures of terrorists beheading children."

Technically not a lie! He never thought he would, and he never has. Thanks Mr. President for assuaging us of that terrible hypothetical.

He was obviously stumbling over words reading from a teleprompter & that is a disingenuous, carefully crafted sentence. I'm sure the lyin' peons worked hard to get just the right pitch on that.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Starsfan posted:

I feel like Trump has said /done stuff like that before or even more inflammatory to the point of being clearly antisemitic and they've given him a free pass.

He switched the u.s. embassy to jerusalem & hired his jewish son-in-law as his chief of staff or w/e it was. He loves the jews, bc he's convinced the jews love him.

rabbi shmuley thought trump deserved the nobel peace prize, lol.

The Pussy Boss posted:

I got a feeling this is coming in the U.S. too. If not banning protests ahead of time, then breaking them up immediately on whatever pretext.

January 6 convictions already set the pattern for criminalizing dissent & the letter agencies have been censoring media since even before then.

Willa Rogers has issued a correction as of 05:33 on Oct 12, 2023

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Ardennes posted:

People in this forum thought January 6 was a big deal at one point.

Biden himself is an empty vessel that just takes orders and reads what is given to him. It's is his advisors that are complete lunatics.

That said, if the US does all in, it is going to potentially get real ugly for everyone.

A friend of mine is visiting Italy in a couple weeks & was expressing fear about terrorist attacks bc of Israel's actions. I told her there's probably a greater chance if she were staying in the u.s. :ohdear:

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

mdemone posted:

yes it's very very close to the same feeling.

the night of 9/11 me and my college roommates threw a party, because we didn't know what else to do, and we played Twisted Sister ironically all night, singing "Afghanistan's Not Gonna Take It, Anymore"

because we knew deep down that they would. that this would be yet another type of war that never ends.

lol, I just remembered the hooting & hollering on the white house grounds when osama's assassination was announced and the dnd posters who defended the celebrating.

and a mere 16 months later they got got by the last laugh...

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Fighting Elegy posted:

What should I say to my very nice 85 year old Jewish grandma who supports Israel when I see her this weekend?

"Bubbe, is there any more of your delicious soup or the challah you served it with?"

I used to argue with my mom about obama's perfidy & now that she's dead I can think of 100 other things we should've been talking about instead.

I'm not saying give her free rein to be racist, just to pick your battles with the olds.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Fighting Elegy posted:

I will do that but she is going HAM on facebook this week with her support for Israel. Not getting bloodthirsty, but she's liked and posted some stuff about how you need to take a side, and it's clear which side she wants people to take lol. I'll shift the conversation into how we both thought the Barbie movie was bad and ask if she needs help in the garden.

You can always show her that youtube if there's no soup to fill your piehole:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEdGcej-6D0

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

at most of the pro-Palestine demos in the US, an 85 year old Jewish woman would be the most popular person there

it be partly out of identity politics but still

she could maybe get free meals at a local arab restaurant for the next few months out it

Hmmm, you're giving me ideas...

Wait, isn't this a Curb Your Enthusiasm episode?

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

why would the thought of that even cross your mind?

you don’t have to be like drat someone’s going to shoot up this protest huh?

It's far more likely we'll just see elected officials sicc the pigs on protestors.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

SourKraut posted:

Just wanted to say that Majorian's probe in the D&D thread, and really the reason for it, is the most dumb, bullshit, galaxy-brained D&D nonsense

The only dnd posts I read anymore are those I can find in the lepers colony.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

surely world leaders are telling israel to knock it off.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

and... there we have it.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

"advisors" were what they called the first batch of u.s. soldiers in vietnam & various other wars.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

my extremely libby elderly parents, including my Jewish mother, are not on board at all for ethnic cleansing of Palestinians. this is something the natsec blob wants but Americans are absolutely not going for it.

I think you can see that - the tone of the fervent Israel backers in the western media is verging on panic. they know that they’re losing their audience. we don’t manufacture anything in America anymore, not even consent.

also the way some pols & celebs started pulling back their full-throated support of genocide bc they can read the public tea leaves.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

fits my needs posted:

The instructor then illustrated his point by asking some students to physically go to the back of class. “That’s what Israel does to Palestinians,” the teacher said, according to Greenberg.

“That was the main exchange that made students feel marginalized, attacked, and isolated,” said Greenberg.

The students who spoke to Greenberg did not push back against the instructor at the time. “The students told me clearly they were traumatized, frightened. They could not believe this was happening to them,” Greenberg said.

cry harder, babies... it was a good lesson.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

lol, reminds me of all the influencers posting about poor ukraine while in their lingerie.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Canned Sunshine posted:

Thanks all, I didn’t want to derail, but I was already upset over my mom, and then seeing every day what Israel is doing just makes it all really suck.

And everywhere I go, people are all kissing Israel’s rear end, so it’s not like I can avoid it. At least I can be in this thread.

:glomp:

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

lmao they're substituting menendez's daughter for velshi:

quote:

Two network sources with knowledge of the plans told Semafor that the network also plans to have Alicia Menendez fill in this upcoming weekend for Ali Velshi, a third Muslim-American host who on Sunday interviewed a spokesman for the Palestinian Authority.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

Unsurprisingly the MSNBC slack has a familiar vibe

An NBC HR representative then stepped in and pleaded with staff to “maintain decorum,” sharing the company’s employee conduct handbook, and advising them to attend a company diversity, equity, and inclusion meeting.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Ciprian Maricon posted:

Pretty sure the conclusion the US got from Fallujah was actually that you cannot bomb enough to avoid the meatgrinder.

Biden trips twice at Philly stage before saying Al Qaeda 'looks pure' compared to Hamas

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

to me the clearest marker of the loss of control of the narrative is how panicked a lot of the consent manufacturers sound. post 9/11 there was a lot of “hell yeah let’s smash those ay-rabs.” the tone now is closer to “b-b-but you aren’t one of those ANTISEMITES who wants to DESTROY ALL JEWS, are you?!”

That's old, and trite, like a boss making sexual remarks about his secretary, and each generation that comes along is less inclined to buy it, especially if it means another war & another propaganda machine & another manufactured piece of bullshit.

The counter-reaction is what I saw my generation go thru with vietnam & various other civil-rights movements: At some point, things just lurch into the future out of sheer momentum (and survival of the species).

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

Congressman Brad Sherman of California condemns Jewish Voice for Peace as Hamas sympathizers

https://twitter.com/JVP_LA/status/1712922881485946911

I'd bet adam schiff, darling of dmfi, also has some red-hot takes, although slightly less hot since he's running for senator.

Willa Rogers has issued a correction as of 06:41 on Oct 19, 2023

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

crepeface posted:

please don't troll good faith Zoeb, they're new and learning

that, or a hau alt

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Pistol_Pete posted:

Yeah, there's a political and media class who have gone completely insane over this, then there's the great mass of ordinary people who are just like: "Oh yeah, it's kicking off again in the ME, isn't it? Bad business."

TV presenters and Twitter freaks are hardly representative of the broader population.

I guess one of the msnbc anchors made a funny face on a live camera without realizing it but watching the clip...

https://twitter.com/altobelli_71198/status/1713030926047842633

...I realized how the graphics placement in back of her, as well as her outfit color-matching the israeli flag, reinforced the network's (ie, west's) alignment.

Sure, they included the palestine flag, but look at the difference in these two shots:

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

"when missiles fired from the direction of Israel struck them"

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

HallelujahLee posted:

i honestly thought his garbage show had died like a decade ago

maher lost his abc show when he called the 9/11 attackers brave & courgeous.

he's not going to make the same mistake with hbo.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Centrist Committee posted:

tv is bad for you, op. it will rot you teeth out

I don't watch it; I mock it from afar. :smug:

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

mcmagic posted:

I imagine that people who hate liberals both on the left and on the right have Bill Maher in mind when they think of liberals.

which is ironic, because most succ-libs hate him for "platforming" rightwingers.

the DU succers were lauding his show after last nite though, lol.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

speaking of barrys, has the big o weighed in on this past week's events?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Zoeb posted:

To be honest, and I don't want you to take this the wrong way, but this website does not have a great reputation. I came here because I heard that the traditional games forum was really cool and it is. But I was wary of joining the website because I had heard that it was mostly edgy people that say the n word and the r-word all the time. I thought you guys were going to be more conservative than you really are. I kind of lumped you in with 4chan and 8chan.

just got a whiff of eau de rereg