Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Lego Lovely Feyd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Shaddak posted:

OH MY GOD! HERE COMES WERNER HERZOG WITH A STEEL CHAIR!

Genuinely, from now on Malky is Werner Herzog in my head.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
To Duncan Idaho, Thanks For Everything, Leto Atreides II.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
The Assassination of God Emperor Leto by the Cliff Climber Duncan Idaho.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
On Golden Path
The Crysknife Game
Paul

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Spiced up Leto thrashing around on his palanquin in front of space Oprah shouting about how in love with Hwi he is.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Gonna go watch Dune in IMAX again on Sunday. The Golden Path.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Usul got quite the wormsign there.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Flutter Hand Dunc.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Call a worm.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

kiimo posted:

Surely you mean Duke Mint, his father

Minotauros, Leto's father.

He died fighting a bull, you know.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Mmmhhmmmmm

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Clearly, Josh Brolin needs to procure a good and solid set of knee pads.

At the very least.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Can you hide in the same stack as Airwolf?

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
IT IS FREMEN, NOT FREMBOMINATION!

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Riot Bimbo posted:

If God Emperor of Dune somehow linked directly from Messiah, the series would be much better.

I really, *really*, don't like children of dune.

Alia's spirit possession/descent into full blown abomination could have been interesting, but it's not executed well at all. The tigers are really dumb. Everything about Ghanima and Leto relating to the ADULT MIND IN BABY BODY dynamic just sucks all the good will out o f my soul.

gently caress that book.
I honestly only like the sections where Jessica turns the guy into a bene gesserit simp

Gurney Halleck clowning on the Jacuruku lads and then leaving via worm was cool as gently caress.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Battle pug on the big screen!

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Oh hi Liet

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Eh, there's a choice of two films, he says the one that's new is the best. What are you expecting, him to just throw battle pugs at people?

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

skasion posted:

Brando had like a dozen kids so there’s no way Leto II didn’t have an Inner Brando somewhere in his memory

Leto has orgies many many times over, gargantuan things like his worm body and stunt cock, and he remembers everything about them from every POV.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
People within people within people.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
The sex melange.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

kiimo posted:

What do you call the palearctic butterfly of the second moon

We call that one the Painted Lady

Can I be known as Paul the Painted Lady

You are Paul the Painted Lady...I guess.

I think you mean Paul the Steamed Hams.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
I hear Captain Dune dies in the end.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Paul is Muad'Ken, his power is Beach Dune.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Popoto posted:

A movie critic of repute I personally know hated it

He also couldn’t tell me who Jessica was and found it utterly incomprehensible in the second half. He couldn’t explain what he found incomprehensible.

Pack it in dunailures

I know one of those; he thought Fury Road needed more dialogue, to explain things to him.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
I HEAR LETO DIES IN THE END

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

kiimo posted:

Between Dune and Shogun both being so good and getting Norms into the story I feel years of retroactive vindication for all the times I was high in college trying to get people to read the books.

Similar to Lord of the Rings to be honest

I work in a bookshop these days and, for anyone who will end up doing the same, beware the "I read anything" types. They are liars and will recoil physically from any proffered book that does not meet their delusional standards.

Also, True Crime peeps are picky as gently caress.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

fuckingtest posted:

Guys, Dont stick your AMC DUNC 2 Water bottle end into your AMC DUNC 2 Popcorn Bucket. Those worm tendrils grip like mad and it will take careful pulling and rotating to remove the bottle.

Spice lube, dude.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
I thought the default for jihad was the struggle to be a better person.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Soul Dentist posted:

In a fake IMAX theater waiting for house lights to go down right now. Please don't jinx it

Bi lal kaifa

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Roughly 90 minutes to go before my Kull is once more Wahaded.

Bi Lal Kaifa.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
I ricked my back so the 4D stuff was unpleasant. I was stunned at how funny Javier Bardem is. I absolutely cracked up at his Life of Brian line. Also Austin Butler is really good and I like how he modeled his voice on Stellan's so there are times you do not know which of them is speaking.

Sietch Tabr smelled vaguely menthol and not once did I get a hit of cinnamon :argh:

A couple of the pronunciations took me by surprise as well, especially Sietch Tabr where everyone says Tabra. Also Feyd Rawtha rather than Rowtha.

Will go see it again without seat madness. 'Tis quite weird to have the seat in front of you come in your face. Sandworms should not smell vaguely floral.

Oh and Geidi Prime looks loving amazing and the fireworks were just the best.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Murray Mantoinette posted:

Geidi Prime was so loving gross looking, it ruled.

Also lol that I saw the captured Atreides soldier that fought Feyd in the arena, the undrugged one, and immediately recognized him as Fiendish Dr. Wu from Black Dynamite

Yeah, he was the fight coordinator in the first movie and had a line. Presumably same again. He lives down in Wicklow and has a stunt school, which makes me think he's directly responsible for the lead Sardaukar guy being Irish out of nowhere.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

To hell or to Salusa Secundus.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

fuckingtest posted:

Im still sad that we got two DUNCs and no spice navigators in a mobile fishtank.

I thought the intro shots of Alia were laying the groundwork for that.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Also tells Gurney and Leto to get inside out of the heat.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

big shtick energy posted:

I was confused by one thing at the end of them movie. I could swear the baron, feyd-ratha, and rabbat were all in the emporer's throne room to answer questions about the fremen. But then at basically the same time rabbat's then in arrakeen to fight guerney? Did I hallucinate him being in the throne room?

Nah, he shares a look and then walks out to fight and the junior of the two left stays. Then a bit of a time skip.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Je suis Mahdi Hon Hon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Cutting out Thufir being on everyone's side and quietly trying to get the Harkonnens to kill each other off is a missed opportunity of comedy.