Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

RipVTide posted:

Hear me out, imagine if someone kept calling Kincade 'art', and they just loved the poo poo out of it and couldn't understand why anyone else didn't. Now sure, everyone's entitled to their opinion, but it's just confusing when enough people start getting behind the lukewarm koolaid that you can't see an ounce of talent, message, or depth in. If I tell someone Asimov is facile, even if they love him, they may agree that hey yeah his characters aren't that strong so they'd see where I was coming from (plot twist, Asimov is great). But the level of "OH MY GOD HE'S THE GREATEST EVER NOW LET ME TELL YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG. HERE IT IS YOU ARE WRONG. THAT'S ALL I GOT" I notice in Villeneuve fans is straight up weird.

Just because something is pandering to a crowd you may identify with doesn't mean it isn't pandering. Personally I find it extremely pandering and disjointed, not to mention facile. Now that could certainly be because I have awful taste or something, but that's where I'm coming from. So essentially him making a Dune movie after having to suffer through the awful prequels etc just feels like insult on injury. Not that other people can't like it, I was just wondering if I was the only one who thought differently, because it's starting to feel bizarre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Stretcher Lobbyeck

Maybe Paul was the George Foreman of space...

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Banquo Oklahoma

On the topic of doing PDK stories justice, Screamers was pretty solid and also had robocop. Definitely lacked the important cold war paranoia throughline though.

Alucard fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Aug 23, 2019

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

mllaneza posted:

This guy is just fantastically, hilariously, mega wrong. An almost perfect specimen of the stupidest possible human has crossbred with an anti-prescient to create MAGAman.

It is just the first step on the Golden Shower Path.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Benewitched

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Who Framed Roger Rabban?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Naked Dun 2 1/2: The Smell of the Mind Killer

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Hosting some folks for a viewing party of ⊃⋃⋂⊂ and trying to get some ideas for theme relevant snacks.

Any suggestions on top of these are welcome:

Muad'Dip - Hummus + Carrots
Water of Life - Margarita with Blue Curacao
Pumpkin Spice Cookies
Chai-Hulud

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Miguel Ferrer for Padishah Emperor
Eh gently caress I just found out he passed away 4 years ago.

I guess we'll have to go with Chris Pratt

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Probably been in the thread a few times before but here is some footage of a fremen summoning a maker

https://www.reddit.com/r/NatureIsFuckingLit/comments/g47rbb/american_woodcock_luring_worms/

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I'm making a feature length adult film based on a screenshot of Sting in his codpiece from Dune. Anyone else want in on the ground floor?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Update: all proceeds will go towards the lawsuit Sting just served me.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I hope everyone found some good deals during Geidi Prime Day.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

DeadlyMuffin posted:

If it didn't cool down the dew collectors wouldn't work

Still seems weird though that in the distant future mountain dew is the only thing that's still a recognizable thing.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Flakey posted:

He beefswells for the dead! Could he be the one?

For he is the Kwisatz Hardonrach

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

what's being processed in the bicep pads?

Sweat and cum

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

kalel posted:

"chah-knee" sounds a bit strange but that's how I first read it and I absolutely positively refuse to say "chay-knee"

It's pronounced sha-la-may

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Which religion has the sex nuns?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I think that they can probably just take the footage and script from 1 and 2, add in the text from dune messiah, and just let the thinking machines take care of dune 3 from start to finish

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

twerking on the railroad posted:

That's part of what the writers strikes are about. That and the streaming revenues, which were somehow not visible to the guild navigators.

For they are the Kwisatz Haderesiduals

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
El Dunerino, if you're not into the whole brevity thing

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Dune, Messiah, and Children were planned as a single story according to Frank, and while there are hints of the point that Frank was trying to make in the first book, they aren't as explicit as they are in the latter books.

I thought heretics was when things started getting really explicit.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

redshirt posted:

Arrakis's Funniest Home Videos

Like fools in the desert with suits not connected

Just thighpads spilling everywhere

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Some people call me the Spice Cowboy
Some call me the Kwisatz Haderach
Some people call me Muad'dib
Cause I speak of the pompatus of melange

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

ImpAtom posted:

It's genius, because for the sequels they can gradually expand it to DUNCan Idaho.

I Hayt it.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Zensunni and the Art of Ornithopter Maintenance

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

redshirt posted:

(({My name is a killing word}))
Killing with the name of
Rage against the thinking machines

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Anne Frank Funk posted:

2une premiere is march 1st here :gonk:

Got my knockoff imax tickets with MY MOM by my side

Enjoy the orgy scene as much as Paul did alongside his mom.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Got my tickets for Saturday don't spoil it for me

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Monica Bellucci posted:

Paul is Muad'Ken, his power is Beach Dune.

I know this one's fake since I already saw Blade Runner 2049

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

6.5 years ago, and 800 pages ago, we started posting about rumors itt of a possible Dune movie while processing the critical success but box office failure of Blade Runner 2049 several months prior. We've come a long way.

Again, it is the legend

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Gotta wait another week, my tickets turned out to be for yesterday but they thankfully gave me new ones.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Tree Bucket posted:

Why did the Harko soldiers keep offering Rabban advice, when it invariably resulted in him snapping their necks? Is the officer-murder a recent thing caused by the stress of the war, and he'd been an okay boss til then?
Also the new "Worst non-harem-related Dune Job" Award goes to the harkonnen navigator who gets lenses glued to his face, or the harkonnen monks (?) who have to keep chanting (?) to make their war-room hologram map work (?)

You should see the guys who didn't help him

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

https://collider.com/dune-movies-butlerian-jihad/

Brian Herbert sockpuppet account detected

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
About to go see it but it's raining like the end of Lynch Dune right now

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Dune 3: Sand Drift

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

kiimo posted:

Has anybody heard of this? Should I stop waiting for IMAX 70mm and see it tomorrow in this thing? The "audio description" makes me pause

Just as long as you aren't wearing the special clothing they're programmed to attack you should be fine with this showing.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Maudib Arakkis posted:

How would you summarize dune one to the wife in a few sentences if she hasn’t seen it before the pleasure of dune 2

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/1707/spices-world

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
It is fitted desert fashion, who taught you this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

bob dobbs is dead posted:

original baby leto was absolutely leto ii, there were two leto ii's

The first one was leh-toh II, and the second was lee-toh II. Problem solved.