Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GotDonuts
Apr 28, 2008

Karbohydrate Kitteh
Problem description: Provide a DETAILED description of your problem here.
I have reinstalled the OS (Win 7 64-bit Ult) and cannot get the wireless or LAN working on the laptop.

Attempted fixes: What have you tried to do to resolve the problem?
I have tried using a USB wireless connector to connect to the wifi and it is still not providing me any access to my wifi. Have tried reinstalling windows multiple times and using a driver install order that I obtained from the manufacturers website (found here: https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/X75A/HelpDesk/)

Recent changes: Have you made any changes to your system/configuration recently that might have caused the problem?
This is a fresh install of windows. Wifi was working before I hosed with it.
--

Operating system: e.g. Windows Vista (Home Basic/Home Premium/Business/Ultimate), Windows XP (Home/Pro), MacOS X, Linux, etc. Also specify whether your OS is 32-bit or 64-bit, you can check this in Windows Vista/7 by going to Control Panel, System, and looking at the "System Type" line.

Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate

System specs: Machine manufacturer/model number. If a laptop, post the FULL model number, which is usually on a sticker on the underside of the machine. Please also include the basic specs such as processor and how much memory you have. If home-built, list your processor, motherboard, graphics card, memory, power supply, hard drive(s), etc. If any other hardware or equipment is relevant to your problem, list it here. If you have a networking issue, post the brand/model/revision of your modem and router from the underside of the boxes. Don't just post the output of a program that claims to show your computer specs, like Speccy, as they are frequently wrong and don't provide enough information (though this is better than nothing if you truly have no idea).

ASUS X75A found from under the laptop. Here is a bunch of random numbers I found there too:

1502084949 12/12/2012

ASUS Laptop 4/500 17.3 Intel

mbX75A CBNOCX061358454 9228

R704A0H91

Hope these are the most useful numbers. :smith:

USA
I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes/No

Yes I have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cox MD
Sep 11, 2001

Listen Up, Newbies.
This is pretty common with ASUS hardware, you need drivers.

Go to their website and download the drivers for your model laptop.

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

I FUCK LINEN IN MY SPARE TIME!
Grimey Drawer
Looks like this laptop uses a Lite-On WiFi. Not a common brand so it's not typically a part of the built-in set of drivers with Windows.

The info you gave us let us know that you have an Asus model X75A

Make sure you grab the recommended driver from here https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/X75A/HelpDesk_Download/

Put it on a USB drive and take it to the laptop

• Locked thread