Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Paul.Power posted:

I like the way that the forest tiles conform to the big fat cross.

I think the capital placement algorithm will add forest tiles to blank flat tiles if it thinks that your start does not have enough resources. This is also a good tell -- if you have a blank grassland/plains tile surrounded by forest, there is a good chance that there's a hidden strategic resource there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

berryjon posted:

There's Forest Preserves around Alexandria. They just don't show up on the map all that easy.

I want to put Iron Works in a city with Iron or Coal, but I don't have coal.

I'll pass on picking up the game from there. Anyone else can if they want.

Unlike in Civ III, you don't need iron/coal in the BFC for a city to get full advantage of Ironworks. All that needs to happen is to have access to it through the trade network. And though ironworks is obviously worse with only +50% from iron, that's still larger than any other production boost in the game.

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

quote:

On the other hand, this will put her back to Friendly, and remove the threat of her backstabbing me.

Isn't Catherine infamously the only AI who will declare war while at "friendly"? Or I am confusing the plot to declare war and surprise attack AI choices?

• Locked thread