Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
Musquin - all-star with a 4 handicap. Yes, please.
A. Ray - 9 handicap should be good enough to get him in the top ten and score double points.
Dean Wilson - 3 handicap maybe good enough for double points. We'll see.
Chad Reed - 6 handicap, seems like he's been getting a little better. Plus I want to pick Reed when he has a chance to score.

Craig - all-star with a 5 handicap. Also yes, please. Seems like an easy first place-equivalent finish to me.
Martin Castelo - 9 handicap and finished in the top 15 last week. I guess?
Justin Hoeft - 6 handicap, could be a top 10 finisher.
Alex Martin - 0 handicap, but he should be in the top ten so will get double points.
e: tomac and savatgy for first lap leaders.

builds character fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Feb 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
A bit late to the party, here are my picks from this morning. I did a brief look at the qualifying results and looks like it could be ok, the 250 guys scare me a little more

builds character posted:

e: tomac and savatgy for first lap leaders.
Courage!

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Kenny noooooooooooooooooooo! Seely needs to get his head on straight.

Bit of a bummer for my team this week for fantasy since I picked Tomac. The site is down now so I can't get to my score breakdown, but I think I had a 174 or something. Not terrible with at least one of my main dudes getting 0 points. It must be not great across the board as my global series rank is roughly what it was last week.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

dreesemonkey posted:

Kenny noooooooooooooooooooo! Seely needs to get his head on straight.

Bit of a bummer for my team this week for fantasy since I picked Tomac. The site is down now so I can't get to my score breakdown, but I think I had a 174 or something. Not terrible with at least one of my main dudes getting 0 points. It must be not great across the board as my global series rank is roughly what it was last week.

I picked Bogle. Whoops.

Kenward shouldn'tuv dunnit. I don't think he deserved that crash, but what a moron.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

dreesemonkey posted:

A bit late to the party, here are my picks from this morning. I did a brief look at the qualifying results and looks like it could be ok, the 250 guys scare me a little more

Courage!

Worked out better for me than it did for Roczen, thanks to Savatgy. Which is to say net neutral.

3/4 of my 250 riders didn't get to/finish the main. Better in 450 with only 1/4 not making it. There's a huge advantage to being able to set your team based on qualifying times, but I've only managed to do that once. When I did I did really well. When I didn't, 50% of my riders didn't finish.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

shacked up with Brenda fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Feb 13, 2018

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

What do folks think happen there?

To me it looks like he gets passed by Webb, goes WOT, tries to return the favor but isn't fast enough and then just whiskey throttles into disaster. He's definitely trying to block pass Webb there though, I just don't know why he grabs that fist full of throttle at the end.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Seemed to me like his bike hooked up a gently caress off a lot better than he expected or he was in the wrong gear.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

I see his right leg coming off the peg, so I think the WOT was an unintended consequence of being pushed backwards.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
It acts like (hey listen to me who's never ridden a dirt bike) he hits the edge of a rut or something so instead the rear sweeping around in a slide it caught traction and looped out. Pretty weird and lovely wreck. I don't care for cooper that much but it does suck he got caught up in that.

This year is getting interesting because the aggressive passing seems like it's becoming part of the series now starting at the top and working their way down. Anderson has a huge lead but I've said in season's past, it's going to be a hard way to win a championship if you're making real aggressive passes on dudes. This year he has not been nearly as bad with them.

But all it's going to take is Anderson v. Barcia or something like that to get their egos in the way just like Kenny and Webb.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
Early race.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

I think that's a pretty solid looking team, here is mine:

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
JIMMY D! Looks like some of you had a good week, I finished with 192 points, rodriguez and A-ray didn't perform for me.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Jimmy D was my only 250 pick that survived the race. 450 race got kind of boring. I was hoping to see Tomac and Anderson actually battle a bit.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Poor Barcia - that looked brutal. His instagram shows a clean break though.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
That was straight up carnage. I was listening to the pulpmx review podcast today and they made a good point of how many of the top guys just gave osbourne a huge point lead after round 1.

Speaking of carnage, if you like gore, you can see surgery pictures of roczen's hand on instagram.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

So with barcia out of the way who's left for the title? Out of Anderson and seely I'd go with Anderson but meeeh.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Slavvy posted:

So with barcia out of the way who's left for the title? Out of Anderson and seely I'd go with Anderson but meeeh.

Tomac could theoretically win from here on out. But it’s not likely. Maybe Musquin could reel off a bunch of wins. I think it more likely that Andersongets injured than that anyone else catches him, but Tomac really could just win the rest of them. (But he won’t)

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Real talk,

I don't think Jimmy D has a chance at the podium in a race where the entire field doesn't magically disappear.

This makes me sad.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Slavvy posted:

Apparently Marvin is only 8pts out of second place (Seely). But yea, I can't imagine anyone is realistically going to catch Anderson at this point without an injury.

builds character posted:

Tomac could theoretically win from here on out. But it’s not likely. Maybe Musquin could reel off a bunch of wins. I think it more likely that Andersongets injured than that anyone else catches him, but Tomac really could just win the rest of them. (But he won’t)

I do think Tomac go on a huge winning streak, but again, he'll have some random lovely Tomac luck and won't get close enough to be a real threat.

shacked up with Brenda posted:

Real talk,

I don't think Jimmy D has a chance at the podium in a race where the entire field doesn't magically disappear.

This makes me sad.

I don't think he's a shoe-in for the podium every week the same way we think of Forkner or Ferrandis or maybe even Martin, but I think he can get another one.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

dreesemonkey posted:

I do think Tomac go on a huge winning streak, but again, he'll have some random lovely Tomac luck and won't get close enough to be a real threat.

Do you think it's luck? I'm just thinking about the summer motocross season. He'd have races like he was strapped to a rocket, then have races where he's randomly cruising in 8th.

TOMAAAAAC

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Do you think it's luck? I'm just thinking about the summer motocross season. He'd have races like he was strapped to a rocket, then have races where he's randomly cruising in 8th.

TOMAAAAAC

Not luck as we traditionally think of it, I guess, but probably that's an element of it. I think it's certainly mental, whether it's as harmless as "I'm going unearthly fast and I wasn't concentrating quite enough" vs riding tight because something happened and you're way out of your flow.

It would be cool to see him win the SX championship, but I guess I can't pity him too much. I mean he's getting big money and each win he's probably getting an extra $150k in bonuses on top of his normal stuff. So you know, come 3rd in the championship but win 10 races doesn't seem too bad financially, at least.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Here's my Friday picks. According to the fantasy podcast, the Williamson guy is supposed to be a "steal" at that handicap.

450 picks are pretty hard. Taking a risk on tomac and hill, but I'm optimistic.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Who the heck is Williamson?

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

I have no idea, maybe they're just basing that off his practice times or maybe something else?

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4Myiio__WM

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
I think those are all pretty solid except Deano, but then again I haven't been following his results closely.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Bagget's testing them nets.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

https://imgur.com/BrChv6o
https://i.imgur.com/BrChv6o.gifv

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
That was a cool rhythm section. In the press conference Eli said he wanted none of that, haha

Man Hill was good, too. He could have been on the podium for sure.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Yeah, that was cool to have a section that didn't have one definite best line.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

https://www.instagram.com/p/BftZjBAH-xs/?taken-by=adamcianciarulo

Just a reminder that tonight's race is at 7 (EST), but not being televised until 10.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Ferrandis' crash was loving awful looking.

Byebye Justin Hill and Blake Bagget too. This season is brutal

shacked up with Brenda fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Mar 5, 2018

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

My fantasy weekend in a nutshell. I was away so I didn't get to even look at qualifying to see who was in the night races, so I gave away points on one 250 rider. And aside from Reed none of my 450 riders did well (Peick/Friese/Tickle). Also, I picked Hampshire and Tomac for lap one leaders. Not a good move.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
https://www.readmeta.com/blog/2018/3/6/ill-advised

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

pro click

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
I'm embarassed to admit that I missed the J Law era, I watched some in the early Bubba / Pastrana days, then didn't pick it back up again until Vilopoto's last seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

I have to MAKE MY PIX NOW CUZ IM GOING TO FLORIDA TO:
RIDE THE GNCC
WATCH THE SUPERCROSS
RIDE A LOT

woo

• Locked thread