Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Enough time has passed that there is now a nostalgia factor at play. People will be ironically watching and enjoying it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nah
Mar 16, 2009

yeah I'll probably tune in myself for the giggles but in all honesty I hope it's unironically good and watchable. the NFL needs some sort of competition to humble it dear God please let it happen

nah
Mar 16, 2009

There's a thousand different ways to watch poo poo now, way different than when the XFL first happened. It could be an opportunity to be really innovative about it in ways the NFL isn't. That probably won't happen but :shrug:

nah
Mar 16, 2009

It's a weird dynamic they have to straddle if they intend to have their fan base be the anti-protest guys. Those are the same guys who want those thug players to stop celebrating after every drat catch and pretend they've been there before! If they go too whacky those guys are gone

nah
Mar 16, 2009

You guys wanna see a "worked" football league? I have good news for you

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3808954

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Im in Tampa and weirdly excited about this. I will definitely go to XFL games instead of NFL games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Rastor posted:

Well the theory of a Spring feeder league is that the schedules don't overlap so you don't have to pick one over the other

I mean any money I would spend in a given year on football will be used for the XFL local team and not the NFL local team