Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Hmm, Kokkoku sounds like my kind of mystery sci-fi premise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Card Captor Sakura is the only must watch for me, it's the show that introduced me to capital A anime when I was a kid. :3:

I'm too lazy to read the rest of the summaries so... I guess I'll wait until everyone here decides which shows are actually watchable.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

Citrus (the rare Overt Yuri show, though I've heard decisively mixed things about it)

It's quite silly (in the unintentional way). I remember it relying heavily on random drama bombs (like a character suddenly having cancer or something) and contrived misunderstandings as a substitute for an overarching plot. It might have been OK if they hadn't tried to make it a serious drama in the first place.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

I'm definitely watching FranXX, Dagashi Kashi, Poptepic and Violet Evergarden.

I'll give Beatless and Takagi-san a shot too.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Silver2195 posted:

It's quite silly (in the unintentional way). I remember it relying heavily on random drama bombs (like a character suddenly having cancer or something) and contrived misunderstandings as a substitute for an overarching plot. It might have been OK if they hadn't tried to make it a serious drama in the first place.

That's overstating it, the random drama bombs are of the 'oh someone else has a crush on my crush oh no' level not 'suddenly people have cancer'. Unless anything has happened recently anyway.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

The Colonel posted:

namtab always just ends up picking adaptations of things people like that he hasn't read

But... but that doesn't seem very risky at all!

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Gakuen Babysitters is something that I didn't expect to ever get an anime adaptation, and the manga is insanely good and cute and owns.

Overlord 2 is a no brainer, to be honest. Mob Psycho 100 OVA is as well.

Hakata and Kokkoku sounds interesting conceptually at least? Train Mecha should be good dumb fun that I am 100% down for.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

The badger girl thing looks dumb as hell. I'm in.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Dzhay posted:

The badger girl thing looks dumb as hell. I'm in.

I hope it's good dumb and not 'nuke this sorry planet' dumb. Let's find out together :getin:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Nipponophile posted:

But... but that doesn't seem very risky at all!

It's not my fault that I can pick good things that other people like based on the op of this thread alone.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

That's overstating it, the random drama bombs are of the 'oh someone else has a crush on my crush oh no' level not 'suddenly people have cancer'. Unless anything has happened recently anyway.

I read the first few chapters a few years ago; I may be misremembering.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

citrus isn't very great but i'm gay for anything gay so i'm in regardless

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Namtab posted:

It's not my fault that I can pick good things that other people like based on the op of this thread alone.

I think you'll find that it is entirely your fault. Your behavior should be modified accordingly.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

citrus isn't very great but i'm gay for anything gay so i'm in regardless

At least it's just a straight (heh) yuri drama without any NTR fetish poo poo

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Overlord S2 is a must watch for me. A friend of mine read Citrus, and he said it's good. So I'll also check Citrus out this season.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2017-12-22/mameneko-tv-anime-premieres-on-january-8/.125631

Gonna add this to the OP...after work.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Mameneko sounds fun. I'll check it out

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

:3: looks cute

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I'm 90% certain of it not getting a simulcast or fansubs

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

More Sakura and Pop Team Epic make this season great by themselves.

I don't know, I'm sure other things will probably be good too.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Why isn't this stickied yet?

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
going for Fate/Extra, Darling in the FranXX, and probably Citrus or something. Still gotta catch up on the likes of Garo and Magus Bride which will keep going

other than that will just poke at what turns out to be well-received

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
winter just started yesterday

not all of the 12 episode fall shows are done

and the shows don't begin for around two weeks

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Besides Overlord II, Fate Extra and Violet Evergarden, I'm going to need to do some research.

Oh, and why is Fate/Extra delayed to late January?

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Debiruman

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Arachnid was pretty tasteless-bad, so I’d advise approaching Killing Bites with caution. Be interesting to see what Yuasa does with Devilman, though - Go Nagai’s works tend to be best as platforms for others to build on, since the base material is... uhh... kinda rough.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Devilman is one of the best manga ever written though.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
ive never read devilman but the trailer looks insane and my friends love old devilman so i will watch it

Also sakurazuka, your new av always makes me lol

Lunatic Crossing
Jan 21, 2007
I'm in on Saiki Kusuo S2 and Fate/Extra, as well as continuing Ancient Magus Bride, 3gatsu & Osomatsu. Hopefully, this season has less surprise hits, because I'm still trying to catch up on stuff. I haven't even started Land of the Lustrous or Girls' Last Tour yet, and I'm super late to the party on Made in Abyss.

Also, I'm finally like 15 episodes away from getting caught up on Gintama after starting from episode 1 a couple of years ago.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Expect My Mom posted:

ive never read devilman but the trailer looks insane and my friends love old devilman so i will watch it

Also sakurazuka, your new av always makes me lol

Cool, I didn't choose it but it's growing on me now

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

Arachnid was pretty tasteless-bad, so I’d advise approaching Killing Bites with caution. Be interesting to see what Yuasa does with Devilman, though - Go Nagai’s works tend to be best as platforms for others to build on, since the base material is... uhh... kinda rough.

Devilman is something Nagai put effort into instead of just churning out a volume of manga to be the basis for or marketing of an anime.

In fact I'd go as far to say it's the best Nagai manga.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Srice posted:

Devilman is something Nagai put effort into instead of just churning out a volume of manga to be the basis for or marketing of an anime.

In fact I'd go as far to say it's the best Nagai manga.

Yeah, but it’s still pretty ropey in places. I mean, Ryo basically wears the exact same expression through most of the first few chapters, like a Tim Buckley character.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Anybody new to Devilman better buckle up because that story really goes places.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

Yeah, but it’s still pretty ropey in places. I mean, Ryo basically wears the exact same expression through most of the first few chapters, like a Tim Buckley character.

Fortunately it's a good face, unlike anything Buckley ever drew.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Ethiser posted:

Anybody new to Devilman better buckle up because that story really goes places.

By "going places" are we talking Samurai Flamenco or Valvrave?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

ViggyNash posted:

By "going places" are we talking Samurai Flamenco or Valvrave?

Yes.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Neither. :unsmigghh:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

dont compare art to that trash you motehfuckers

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Strange Quark posted:

Is it wrong that I'm only interested in Devilman because of the pretty boy designs

The original manga is super gay too but I'm mad because OG Ryo is really weird dangerous sexy and this Ryo looks like a prep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
badass and sexy

new one I'm too lazy to find a pic of: meh but there's potential to the pretty sociopath thing, and if there's anyone I believe in it's Yuasa

• Locked thread