Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
In our modern society, access to generic matter for purposes of reshaping into clothing, food, furniture, and other necessities of life should be acknowledged as a basic right of all people. The feeds to most neighborhoods have already been laid, and no municipality wants new mat providers coming in to compete if that means laying down whole new feeds under the roadways. Matter providers should be treated as common carriers the way water providers are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
live off the grid, create your own matter like god intended

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
offshore energy havens

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

nothing mattering feeds e.g. SA threads should be public utilities

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Duscat posted:

live off the grid, create your own matter like god intended

i do but it goes in the toilet

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Jose posted:

i do but it goes in the toilet

sometimes some of it gets smeared on the forums

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
life protip: the rich are made of pure matter, much of which is already food, and the rest can be reshaped into clothing and furniture

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
did you know that 69% of "poor" people have a replicator? not very poor now are you??

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
still plenty of stray dogs

Gone Fission
Apr 7, 2007

We're here to make coffee metal. We're here to make everything metal.

Duscat posted:

life protip: the rich are made of pure matter, much of which is already food, and the rest can be reshaped into clothing and furniture

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

ive got a matter extruder for ya right here bud

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

logikv9 posted:

did you know that 69% of "poor" people have a replicator? not very poor now are you??
it's not the replicators that are expensive, it's the loving nano particle cartridges!!

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
seriously thinking about a scheme where i can just get the replicators with a free cartrdige, then just keep buying new replicators instead of reloading

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

rudatron posted:

seriously thinking about a scheme where i can just get the replicators with a free cartrdige, then just keep buying new replicators instead of reloading

they switched to "starter" cartridges after people figured out they could do that

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
*hacks your replicator to fill your quarters with imitation poo poo*

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Lamebot posted:

*hacks your replicator to fill your quarters with imitation poo poo*

I just sneak in and fill them with real poo poo

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009
Matter feed prices are a ripoff, sure, but antimatter feeds are like half as much. Just run it in reverse, dingus!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
the amorpous gray goo that is self-replicating as it slowly consumes more matter in its path until it one day consumes the earth should be treated as a public utility.

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

Darkman Fanpage posted:

the amorpous gray goo that is self-replicating as it slowly consumes more matter in its path until it one day consumes the earth should be treated as a public utility.

But enough about the failed clone of Donald Trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

rudatron posted:

it's not the replicators that are expensive, it's the loving nano particle cartridges!!

Just replicate your own cartridges!

Lazy drones! :rolleyes:

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Can I gently caress it? Or does that violate the commons?

• Locked thread