Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

il_cornuto posted:

Can you actually just play it as a nature photography simulator? Because that would be pretty great.

Kinda but not seriously, at least for now. You always do have a camera that dumps photos as Steam-ready screenshots and the game does have photography missions asking you to capture specific things but they are mixed together with the hunting stuff. People do love just taking photos though:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/518790/screenshots/

The devs are fully aware that some people want it. More photography stuff, fishing and some other less huntery stuff were part of expansion ideas listed in a poll offered to players. I think it would be cool, buying lenses and things like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Det_no posted:

The devs are fully aware that some people want it. More photography stuff, fishing and some other less huntery stuff were part of expansion ideas listed in a poll offered to players. I think it would be cool, buying lenses and things like that.

Mod in pokemon and make it the best pokemon snap ever!

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Gas all the pokemon with brand new pester balls with top of the line volumetric smoke physics.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Det_no posted:

The Black Watchmen - Do you like puzzles? What about Alternate Reality Games? Shadowy goverment agencies? Reading SCP stuff? Maybe you live in america/europe and like the possibility of optional game events that have actual real life interactions in the form of phone calls and stuff like that? This is the game for you.

I always wanted to try this and 90% off seems like a great deal. Thanks for the reminder.

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Det_no posted:

I would 100% buy a fleshed out open world photography game with upgrades and missions.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Fuckin' sold on theHunter - thanks guys, that's exactly the kind of walkin' sim I can get behind while unwinding after work.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I've always been curious about Planescape: Torment. I know the story is supposed to be good, but is the gameplay/controls really dated now? I could never get into games like Baldur's Gate when I tried them.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Quick recommendation for I and Me which is a super cute puzzle-platformer. Most of the levels aren't very taxing but there are a few in there that had me looking at the built-in guide you can access. Not a long game, I 100%ed it in about 4 hours, but on the other hand those four hours were very chill, fun, and relaxing. Just all around a cute, pretty, good time.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I put every single card on sale and got enough to buy both Caves Of Qud and Dishonored: Death Of the Outsider. I have enough still on listing that if they all sold I could get Bomber Crew but I don't think I'm going to get the remaining few bucks before noon tomorrow. Oh well, still a good haul for a sale I thought I'd be spending ~$50 on before finding out that wasn't the case.

Good sale everyone!

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Any recommendations for fairly casual couch co-op games? GF and I have finished Overcooked, Necrodancer, currently getting through Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime. I have Battleblock and Castle Crashers. She's not big into the Lego games.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I put every single card on sale and got enough to buy both Caves Of Qud and Dishonored: Death Of the Outsider. I have enough still on listing that if they all sold I could get Bomber Crew but I don't think I'm going to get the remaining few bucks before noon tomorrow. Oh well, still a good haul for a sale I thought I'd be spending ~$50 on before finding out that wasn't the case.

Good sale everyone!

:cheers:

Have fun!

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Any good RPG's on decent discount?

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

Hollandia posted:

Any recommendations for fairly casual couch co-op games? GF and I have finished Overcooked, Necrodancer, currently getting through Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime. I have Battleblock and Castle Crashers. She's not big into the Lego games.

vanilla shovel knight has co op and is fun as hell

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I've always been curious about Planescape: Torment. I know the story is supposed to be good, but is the gameplay/controls really dated now? I could never get into games like Baldur's Gate when I tried them.

It's the same engine as Baldur's Gate, so it has the same terrible party pathfinding and AI, and there's no question that the interface show its age - though I haven't played the recent remaster, so maybe someone can speak to that? If you cheese it correctly (which gives you the best story options anyway) you're insanely powerful by the end and blow through most fights without a second thought, so the interface doesn't get in the way too much. The art is lovely, and the the spell animations are really entertaining, but It really is all about the setting and the story.

-Blackadder- posted:

Torment certainly counts!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

-Blackadder- posted:

On this same note, how is Legend of Heroes - Trail of Cold Steel?

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

The Black Watchmen seems really cool so far, but why the heck is a game with no graphics and nothing happening using lots of CPU and GPU % and making my fans go loud as gently caress? :psyduck:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

So windows defender just deleted the .exe for The Sea Will Claim Everything because it recognized it as a threat. Thanks for the rec guys!

But seriously wtf??!!

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

-Blackadder- posted:

As someone who just started Caves Of Qud tonight, if you're into roguelikes it's probably the best I've played.

For reference, the achievements include such acts as wearing your own severed face, eating an entire bear, and falling in love with a sign.

Our very own OP has a paragraph quote near the opening that should instantly sell you on it.

That said, if you're looking for something a little less "use your imagination" and you haven't yet played The Witcher 3, it's on sale for $20. Divinity: Original Sin is only $14, Pillars Of Eternity with both DLC's will run you $30, the classic Fallout: New Vegas will set you back for $10, Undertale is $5 (but may not be for you, it's a pretty divisive love-it-or-hate-it title), and South Park: The Stick Of Truth is $7.50.

The Final Fantasy titles are on decent discount but they're JRPGs and you should know whether or not you like those, no one here can tell you.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

Mystic Stylez posted:

The Black Watchmen seems really cool so far, but why the heck is a game with no graphics and nothing happening using lots of CPU and GPU % and making my fans go loud as gently caress? :psyduck:

:tinfoil:

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

Det_no posted:

Fire Pro Wrestling World - Probably the most customizable wrestling game ever with a ton of custom characters in the workshop and fun AI versus AI stuff. No career/management just yet, its supposed to be coming soon as a DLC which kind of sucks BUT this one is notable because it will get a big price hike after the sale. If you want in, get it now.

Fight'N Rage - Probably my favorite pick this sale. This one ain't getting a price increase but it's probably the best 2D beat'em up available on PC right now. Plays like a dream, looks pretty good, tons of unlockables, challenge can go from fair to hair-tearingly ball busting depending on your preferences. Pretty drat great.

Thanks for the heads up with Fire Pro, definitely getting that, and seconding a recommendation about Fight'N Rage. It's not an easy game but it's a good one.

e: doh, two in a row, I thought there might be more chatter.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

As someone who just started Caves Of Qud tonight, if you're into roguelikes it's probably the best I've played.

For reference, the achievements include such acts as wearing your own severed face, eating an entire bear, and falling in love with a sign.

Our very own OP has a paragraph quote near the opening that should instantly sell you on it.

That said, if you're looking for something a little less "use your imagination" and you haven't yet played The Witcher 3, it's on sale for $20. Divinity: Original Sin is only $14, Pillars Of Eternity with both DLC's will run you $30, the classic Fallout: New Vegas will set you back for $10, Undertale is $5 (but may not be for you, it's a pretty divisive love-it-or-hate-it title), and South Park: The Stick Of Truth is $7.50.

The Final Fantasy titles are on decent discount but they're JRPGs and you should know whether or not you like those, no one here can tell you.

I'll also second picking up The Witcher 3 and Fallout New Vegas for the tiny handful of people in this thread that already haven't played them. Those are ridiculously good deals for ridiculously good (and long!) games. If you haven't played The Witcher 3 particularly, I highly recommend it. It ties Morrowind for the greatest RPG I have ever played in my life, and certainly the best combination of gameplay, story, and characters. And at $20 that's a fantastic value considering your average "story plus some sidequests" playthrough is 100 hours and a "near 100% completion" playthrough approaches 200 hours.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Mystic Stylez posted:

Dev needs some more bitcoin.

e: This was originally intended as a joke, but on the forums, they have an official "crypto pool". If you're already taking the processing power from your fans, not a huge leap to just combine the game and the mining together.

HarmB fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Jan 4, 2018

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Rirse posted:

On this same note, how is Legend of Heroes - Trail of Cold Steel?

Did you play Trails in the Sky?

Same great world building and writing but this time there's some Persona sneaking into the design as the main cast are mostly students and faculty from a military academy who get mixed up in a larger plot.

Be warned it's the first of a quadrilogy with a cliffhanger ending. Part 2 should hit PC this year.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jan 4, 2018

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Sigourney Cheevos posted:

Dev needs some more bitcoin.

e: This was originally intended as a joke, but on the forums, they have an official "crypto pool". If you're already taking the processing power from your fans, not a huge leap to just combine the game and the mining together.

What

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK
A fun Tower defence like game is Let Them Come Its very chaotic but easy to pick up for minutes but end up playing 40.

Its only 2.99 on sale.

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

-Blackadder- posted:

I've said this in thre thread already but if you haven't played the three modern shadowrun rpgs they are the best and I love them and they're really cheap

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Is theHunter good enough on its own, or do you really need the DLC?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

The DLC seems to include a fast noisy vehicle and a convenient saving option, and it's not discounted.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Mokinokaro posted:

Did you play Trails in the Sky?

Same great world building and writing but this time there's some Persona sneaking into the design as the main cast are mostly students and faculty from a military academy who get mixed up in a larger plot.

Be warned it's the first of a quadrilogy with a cliffhanger ending. Part 2 should hit PC this year.

I have Trail in the Sky but couldn't get into it the first time I tried it a few years ago. Was more interested in ToCS since it suppose to be more Persona like.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

The taiga is good but not a must, it just adds a map on top of the other two so it depends on your preference for locations. ATVs/tents are more convenience, one for early game when you are unlocking outposts and the other for late game when you've found a favorite hunting spot and want a permanent shortcut there.

In my opinion neither are THAT useful. I prefer to hunt on my way to a location and the ATV scares animals away while tents I've used once in like seventy hours and that was just cause the halloween event took me to a location far away from any outpost and I figured I might as well drop one there. The playerbase also got real angry at that kind of "should have been in the game" DLC so the dev might have decided not to do them anymore? Hopefully.

Fake edit: Everything should be on sale in the big holiday pack.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Rirse posted:

I have Trail in the Sky but couldn't get into it the first time I tried it a few years ago. Was more interested in ToCS since it suppose to be more Persona like.

CS is definitely somewhat faster paced in story (though it's still an intro arc) and combat.

The persona bits aren't as heavily integrated as they were in that series as there's less time management pressure and hanging out with characters is more about their stories than a gameplay mechanic.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Yeah I've not already bought like a billion loving games this sale why not get Fire Pro Rasslin as well :shepspends:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Mokinokaro posted:

CS is definitely somewhat faster paced in story (though it's still an intro arc) and combat.

The persona bits aren't as heavily integrated as they were in that series as there's less time management pressure and hanging out with characters is more about their stories than a gameplay mechanic.

Cool, think I will get it. Also get Fire Pro Wrestling Mister Aqequate. I only bought maybe three things in this sale and that was one of them!

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Rirse posted:

Cool, think I will get it. Also get Fire Pro Wrestling Mister Aqequate. I only bought maybe three things in this sale and that was one of them!

I did :negative:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Now watch AI fight.
Offline - Tournament - Barbed Wire - change single to 8-man tag - random entry, then in the settings change time scale to at least 150%, and weapons to the max.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
I was interested in Firepro, but it looks like more of a simulator right now (only exhibition matches I think), and also the striking sounded a bit buggy. Are they planning on adding a career mode later on?

EDIT - I just jumped on it anyway. It's pretty cheap now, so worth a gamble.

Kragger99 fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jan 4, 2018

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Last call for purchases in the Steam sale, go go go!

(Yeah, I'm not getting anything else. Just a couple rides on the gift train was good enough to last me a while.)

edit: unironically wish I could just get the yearly Humble Bundle deal. $12/mo isn't bank breaking and there's usually two things I want to play.

Stanley Tweedle
Aug 15, 2001

more Fire Pro sales! Yes! best wrestling games ever. i've been playing them since i discovered Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium on zsnes like 20-some years ago.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
It seems like the kind of game I would rather watch fights other people have setup than trying to doing my own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Lmao, gently caress, fell asleep and forgot to pull the trigger on my cart. Probably for the best, but I really wanted Killer Instinct.

Oh well, next sale is only a few months away I guess.

• Locked thread