Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yegods
Apr 6, 2007

Cerebus can destroy ANYTHING. Cerebus is the POPE.
Civ VI is fun. I had fun playing it, and it looks great. It is definitely worth $18, especially with them bringing out what looks to be an intriguing expansion. There's some playthroughs you can see their youtube channel if you're waffling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

http://wingamestore.com is having a sale with decent price discounts.

Paradox stuff (EU4/HOI4/Stellaris/Cities Skylines/...), Tyranny, GTA 5, shadow tactics: blade of the shogun, and a lot more.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

:siren: Steam sale starts in 5 hours :siren:

SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012

quote:

AND cross-region gifting is pretty much dead now
Works fine US/Europe afaik (just not to/from Russia). It's mostly US to/from Canada which has the biggest impact no?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

SA_Avenger posted:

Works fine US/Europe afaik (just not to/from Russia). It's mostly US to/from Canada which has the biggest impact no?

I successfully gifted Invisible Inc + DLC to a Canadian friend just a month or two ago with no problems.

ps Invisible Inc is a great gift and I highly recommend sending it to everyone you know

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry

StrixNebulosa posted:

I successfully gifted Invisible Inc + DLC to a Canadian friend just a month or two ago with no problems.

ps Invisible Inc is a great gift and I highly recommend sending it to everyone you know

If the publisher has actually made the effort to align prices in different regions, there are no issues at all doing cross-region gifting.
It's when the price for a game is $10/£10/€10 that you see problems, because someone is paying more for the product than others, and if you try to gift to someone who then saves more than 10% or something like that, Valve stops you from doing it.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
What are the chances that Divinity 2 will go on sale?

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

It was on sale during the thanksgiving steam sale, so high

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA
Hasn't the steam Christmas sale been basically identical to the Thanksgiving sale for the last few years?

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Yeah but this one might have STICKERS

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Too Shy Guy posted:

Yeah but this one might have STICKERS

GIFT TRAIN GIFT TRAIN GIFT TRAIN

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Games that get released in October tend to not be on sale at Thanksgiving but do go on sale for Christmas.

Unless you're Bethesda in which case, games released a week ago could go on sale for half off because they're really bad at launches

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Quest For Glory II posted:

Games that get released in October tend to not be on sale at Thanksgiving but do go on sale for Christmas.

Unless you're Bethesda in which case, games released a week ago could go on sale for half off because they're really bad at launches

Unless it's DLC/Season Passes then it'll either be like 30% off or not on sale at all.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

:siren: The sale is live! :siren:

Expect everything to be broken until tomorrow, of course!

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
I know, same thing every year but this time it seems especially lame.
Feel the excitement as GTAV drops from 50% to 60% off, everything else seems more expensive than last year/summer.

e; ok SOMA is 80% off, Xmas partially saved

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Dec 21, 2017

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Huh. Was expecting Nier:Automata to go on sale. Maybe it hasn't refreshed yet, but everything else seems to have... stabilised by now, so I dunno. :<

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I've never seen Nier go below $35 on Steam and the PC port is really shoddy.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Ubisoft is playing nice this time around and actually marking down most of their catalog, which they haven't done in the past outside of their AAA titles. Even stuff like Cold Fear is on sale.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

sauer kraut posted:

I know, same thing every year but this time it seems especially lame.
Feel the excitement as GTAV drops from 50% to 60% off, everything else seems more expensive than last year/summer.

e; ok SOMA is 80% off, Xmas partially saved
GTAV has a $40 starter pack.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

exquisite tea posted:

Huh? I'm 40 hours into the Steam version, finished all of the main endings, and the only issue I ever had was it displaying at the wrong resolution at first (I'm pretty sure they patched a fix within a few weeks of release though?).

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Papercut posted:

Huh? I'm 40 hours into the Steam version, finished all of the main endings, and the only issue I ever had was it displaying at the wrong resolution at first (I'm pretty sure they patched a fix within a few weeks of release though?).
that is the only real tech issue with the game

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry
If you want some casual adventure-lite games, Fanatical/Bundle Stars has a bundle with 14 Hidden Object games for only €1 (probably $1 for US):
https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/dollar-mystic-bundle

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

exquisite tea posted:

Is it on sale over there? It's outright not discounted over here.

May end up getting it on the PS4 though...

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

The Gift Train is up and running. And since steam doesn't seem to be broken, for once, you can join right now :)

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Steam Links are five bucks, I had thought they originally were a fifty buck solution to a five buck problem but now that's not an issue.

Were they any good, worth taking a mild gamble or, or are they not even worth the Lincoln?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Planet Coaster is like less then 12 bucks now so I guess it's time for me to finally get it!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I finally got Prey :toot:

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

C. Everett Koop posted:

Steam Links are five bucks, I had thought they originally were a fifty buck solution to a five buck problem but now that's not an issue.

Were they any good, worth taking a mild gamble or, or are they not even worth the Lincoln?
they work better than advertised and outperform the nvidia implementation in all ways

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

Jerusalem posted:

It's really good and definitely worth :20bux:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

King Vidiot posted:

Planet Coaster is like less then 12 bucks now so I guess it's time for me to finally get it!
Planet Coaster is still not so much a theme park simulator as it is just a roller-coaster creator right?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Pierson posted:

Planet Coaster is still not so much a theme park simulator as it is just a roller-coaster creator right?

Basically yeah, the money micromanaging part seems kinda simplified. I think it's made by the old Rollercoaster Tycoon devs, too?

I just know it has Workshop support and it looks really fun to dick around with.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Enjoy your stay and take it slowly :)
Protip: don't shoot drat Techopaths with the space laser it will overcharge it

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Drop what you're loving doing and buy Bot Vice on steam for fifty cents.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/491040/Bot_Vice/

Deviant fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Dec 21, 2017

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Deviant posted:

Just want to say get this game, it owns and it will happily kick you in the teeth.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Deviant posted:

Ugh. It was actually 53 cents after tax, but I figured I was too far into the purchase process to back out.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

King Vidiot posted:

Basically yeah, the money micromanaging part seems kinda simplified. I think it's made by the old Rollercoaster Tycoon devs, too?

I just know it has Workshop support and it looks really fun to dick around with.

RCT3 devs, also the devs of Elite.

PlanCo is pretty good for making awesome looking parks and overworking your computer, but if you want to focus more on the management side it's a bit lacking and what it has added onto the old RCT formula is kinda a pain in the rear end.

If you're more into management you could try looking at Parkitect instead, but it's still in early access (only major bit left to add is the campaign, which does not currently exist) so it's not going on sale. Also does look as good is PlanCo to most, but I like the style for what it is.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Just Cause 3 already down to $7.50? dang.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Oh nice, Planet Coaster is down to less than $12.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

There are definitely cheaper prices on some games in this sale compared to thanksgiving. But it's largely on the indie side of things. Skylar & Plux is cheaper, Bear With Me is cheaper, AssCreed Unity/Chronicles are cheaper, The Swindle is cheaper, Hiveswap is cheaper, Spark the Electric Jester is cheaper, Pan-Pan is cheaper, Bleed 2 is cheaper.

The AAA games seem to mostly be the same price as a month ago, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
Anyone played The Way? Randomly saw it on my friends activity feed and it looks kind of interesting.

• Locked thread