Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Am I misinterpreting things, or is it actually cheaper to get the large Hitman bundle rather than the Hitman GOTY bundle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
How is Osiris: New Dawn if I'm gonna just play single player? It looks cool and I seem to enjoy early access survival games.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

LLCoolJD posted:

Am I misinterpreting things, or is it actually cheaper to get the large Hitman bundle rather than the Hitman GOTY bundle?
you're not misinterpreting. a large amount of games have bundles or collections that have an additional discount on top of each individual item. worth digging into the game's storepage to look for better deals that way

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

you're not misinterpreting. a large amount of games have bundles or collections that have an additional discount on top of each individual item. worth digging into the game's storepage to look for better deals that way

Totally this.
I got another $2 off of Steamworld Dig 2 because I owned the other Steamworld games.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
http://store.steampowered.com/app/23530/Earth_Defense_Force_Insect_Armageddon/
Get the older EDF game for $1. The DLC costs another dollar.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
I've been way more into consoles this past year and didn't pay any attention to PC releases. It's been long enough that a lot of stuff seems to be a weirdly lovely deal compared to Steam sales as I've traditionally known them, which sounds like it's been a trend over however long. Did anything really noteworthy come out for PC this (or even the latter half of last) year that's at a decent discount right now that I should pick up?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Rip TWwarhams 2 is only 10% off on steam.

I may have to abandon my overlord for a third party site.

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Would this be an OK place to start if I've never played an EDF?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Rate my Wishlist:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198037512870/wishlist

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Dungeonmans is one of the best things on that wishlist.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

il_cornuto posted:

It's a bit different from the previous versions, and latest one (EDF 4.1), but yeah, it's a decent place to start. It can be played solo, but co-op is the preferred way to play them.

I'd suggest watching a few videos of it online first to see if it looks like fun to you. Be warned, they are known for their jank.

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Pretty good but no Monolith 6/10
(Get Dead Cells maybe? Dead Cells is great. D:OS2 is amazing but it's only 10% off.)

Kragger99 posted:

It's a bit different from the previous versions, and latest one (EDF 4.1), but yeah, it's a decent place to start. It can be played solo, but co-op is the preferred way to play them.

I'd suggest watching a few videos of it online first to see if it looks like fun to you. Be warned, they are known for their jank.

I've seen some gameplay before and have been interested in trying one, so that sounds good thanks.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Morrowind is my favorite game of all time, so you should totally buy it. Will second Dungeonmans as a near perfect roguelike if you like roguelikes or want a good introduction to them.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Gat out of Hell is boring and super derivative. Unless you're crazy in love with SR, you can give it a pass. It does nothing well, and would more appropriately be DLC for SR3/4.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

il_cornuto posted:

It certainly is a good place to start since it is dirt cheap. Some mechanics may be different than other titles, but it still includes lots of explosions. Aim for getting every weapon for each class. The variety will be good for repeating missions. Get used to uneven framerates. The franchise is built on overloading the console.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

cities skylines is a bit iffy - it's a relaxing city simulator but the challenge is ankle-deep. Unless you like managing traffic. It's not bad, but it's also not that great either. Expect to be drawing a lot of roads and not really paying any mind where to place them.

Divinity original sin 2 is glorious though.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
It's so weird Nier Automata isn't on sale.

Is there any way for Canadians gift Americans things on Steam? It keeps saying I can't because of price differences.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

Cuntellectual posted:

Is there any way for Canadians gift Americans things on Steam? It keeps saying I can't because of price differences.

Right? It's been on sale like a half dozen times for PS4 since April or May. I would've been happy to shill for my game of the year if it had only seen a discount.

I've had stuff gifted back and forth between Canada and the US in the not too distant past, have you tried buying it to your Steam inventory or whatever and gifting from there?

vvv: Oh gross, so much for that then.

Meldonox fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Dec 22, 2017

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

You can't buy to your inventory anymore or gift when the price difference is greater than 10% or something now.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Cuntellectual posted:

Sadly, nope. What I have to do now is look at someones wishlist, cross-reference that with isthereanydeal.com, and see if anything looks good. It's even tougher when gifting to other countries than the US, as many sites have region restrictions.
It's saved me a good $1000 in the past 2-3 sales, but it sucks that gifting is so gimped now for us :canada:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I hope Valve enjoys their imperceptibly minuscule financial loss, then. :mad:

Meldonox posted:

Right? It's been on sale like a half dozen times for PS4 since April or May. I would've been happy to shill for my game of the year if it had only seen a discount.

I've had stuff gifted back and forth between Canada and the US in the not too distant past, have you tried buying it to your Steam inventory or whatever and gifting from there?

It was far from my favorite game of the year but I know a few people who'd have loved it. I just can't bring myself to spend $80+ on one game anymore. :shrug:

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

doctorthefonz posted:

i kind of went to bat for Civ VI in the video games deals thread having put 600 hours into V but i reckon if you've never played a civ before then eighteen clams for the nicest looking new one isn't really a bad intro even if V feels, understandably given its expansions, More Complete

e: ^that

I just want to reiterate that Civ VI is so bad that you shouldn't even consider buying it yet. If anyone hasn't played civ V with the brave new world expansion, do that. Also please don't buy Civ: Beyond Earth, it's also bad.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass
Shadow of War was cheaper during the thanksgiving/black friday sale, disappointing!
I will probably end up buying nothing and playing games that I already own :negative:

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I love the cycle of Civ games where the worst one is what was just released and the best one is the last expansion.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

PlushCow posted:

Shadow of War was cheaper during the thanksgiving/black friday sale, disappointing!
I will probably end up buying nothing and playing games that I already own :negative:

:same:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

redreader posted:

I just want to reiterate that Civ VI is so bad that you shouldn't even consider buying it yet. If anyone hasn't played civ V with the brave new world expansion, do that. Also please don't buy Civ: Beyond Earth, it's also bad.

And don't forget Mods like the Community Balance Patch

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Sigourney Cheevos posted:

Gat out of Hell is boring and super derivative. Unless you're crazy in love with SR, you can give it a pass. It does nothing well, and would more appropriately be DLC for SR3/4.

Hey now, the flying was good.

Also if you're a mega-dork like me and want to see another take on SR4's superpower stuff, I think the hell powers, weapons, and overall combat feel better and more fleshed out (actual enemy variety!). But the game is absolutely 85% flying or shooting, 5% additional activities, 10% phoned-in plot that's only notable for one or two funny moments and somewhat inexplicably leading into Agents of Mayhem. As long as you know what you're getting into, it's not the worst way to spend $4~.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

So far I have bought;
The Age of Decadence
Rise to Ruins
Siralim 2
Twilight Struggle (+ expansion)

I've only played the last one so far and grand American capitalism was overrun by soulless Soviet communism :rip: :911:

Christ alive there are so many games I want this sale

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Siralim 2 is loving awesome.

I bought battle brothers and some other small stuff like all the DROD I didn’t already own.

Battle brothers is as good as advertised, goddamn.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I've been looking forward to Gorogoa for a while and it has not failed to impress. It's a fresh take on the hidden object genre where you slide frames and panels around to create new scenes. Isn't too challenging so far but it's beautifully drawn, totally surreal, and absolutely chill. Highly recommended (fart of presto I know you're reading this).

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Some tough calls to make this year - I am downloading the Prey demo as I am hesitant to see how it runs on a GTX 660, but if that doesn't work out I'll definitely have to go with the new South Park. The first game was absolutely hilarious. Hopefully the combat has improved a bit from the first one.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Ragequit posted:

Some tough calls to make this year - I am downloading the Prey demo as I am hesitant to see how it runs on a GTX 660, but if that doesn't work out I'll definitely have to go with the new South Park. The first game was absolutely hilarious. Hopefully the combat has improved a bit from the first one.

It is a better game in basically every way. Kind of peters out towards the end but everything leading up to the final moments is good.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Ragequit posted:

It's the biggest sale yet for South Park, but if it has the same price trend as the previous game, it'll be pretty rock bottom by next year.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Xelkelvos posted:

It's the biggest sale yet for South Park, but if it has the same price trend as the previous game, it'll be pretty rock bottom by next year.

It has only been out for 2 months, so this is likely true. Especially by summer.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Ragequit posted:

The combat in the new south park game is better and more balance so on the hardest difficulty you don't rofl stomp the encounters in the first turn. Some people were unhappy in how funny it was but I thought it was just as good or even better with the humour.

Prey is a really good value for its cost.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Dec 22, 2017

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Ragequit posted:

Prey is quite well optimized for a wide range of lovely hardware, I played through it with GTX 950m and it was just fine.
Well, there was one big gas explosion (not necessary, just a mistake from me) that tilted my machine so bad that for a while I was worried that I can't even re-boot it. But I was just imagining it :regd09:

Bolivar fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Dec 22, 2017

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Hello fellow humans, here I am recommending a great game that we all enjoy: Dogolrax. Currently on sale for only a fifth of its true value, Dogolrax is a game that will be at home in any game library. Buy Dogolrax today.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

il_cornuto posted:

It's good for a dollar, but it just doesn't hold a candle to EDF 4.1.

Speaking of which, the DLC missions for EDF 4.1 are discounted. Definitely grab them if you liked the base game.

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry

al-azad posted:

I've been looking forward to Gorogoa for a while and it has not failed to impress. It's a fresh take on the hidden object genre where you slide frames and panels around to create new scenes. Isn't too challenging so far but it's beautifully drawn, totally surreal, and absolutely chill. Highly recommended (fart of presto I know you're reading this).

I believe it was you who made me aware of it, and yes, I'll definitely grab it :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
held off on buying Elex and Spellforce 3 on release, but now SF 3 isn't even on sale WTF

• Locked thread