Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Mokinokaro posted:

Pretty sure it has one of the "no sale ever" devs.

They're raking it in and releasing a full version tomorrow. They'd be nuts to give it any sort of decent discount.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."

il_cornuto posted:

Would this be an OK place to start if I've never played an EDF?

It's good for a dollar, but it just doesn't hold a candle to EDF 4.1.

Speaking of which, the DLC missions for EDF 4.1 are discounted. Definitely grab them if you liked the base game.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."

Samovar posted:

Does Steam ever reduce game prices day by day, or did they stop doing that?

They stopped doing that because of refunds.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."

Mr E posted:

Is Resident Evil Revelations 1/2 worth picking up if my favorite RE is 4? 7 is still too much for me to grab.

I liked the first one, but they've changed the formula up in the second one too much for my tastes.

I'd still get the gold edition of 7 as it's totally worth it.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."
This is the time when Valve should come up with a cool metagame. Instead, they're doing awards.

Then again, their metagame would most likely result in awarding random crates in random games.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."
Duck Game is hilarious and everyone should play it.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."
Little King's Story is as great as people have been hyping it up, but the PC port release was, apparently, a mess. I've been playing it over the past few days and I can say the game works perfectly fine sans a few rare bugs (save often!). You can play it at 60 FPS, but don't bother, it breaks scripting. Just stick with 30 FPS, the framerate is rock-solid.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."

McCoy Pauley posted:

Can anyone say anything by way of recommendation for either Card Quest or Unexplored? The Rock Paper Shotgun reviews of both seem quite promising, and I often find my tastes syncing up with RPS recommendations, but the art styles of the games are not immediately appealing to me.

Card Quest is extremely good. I was a bit apprehensive at first, too, but play it for 10-20 minutes and you'll see there's a lot of interesting depth to it. It also does not focus heavily on deck-building, though you can still mix and match different card sets and get a lot of variety out of it.

EDIT: Start the new year fresh by culling your wishlist. Ask yourself this: "Will I play it now?" If not, remove it. If the game is good enough, it will pop back on your radar. Otherwise you're just bloating your wishlist with stuff you'll never even touch.

If your wishlist is showing you the year when you've added the game, buy it or remove it. If you haven't bought it by now, you just aren't interested in it anyway.

Blattdorf fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Dec 28, 2017

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."
The same goes for Cleansuit. If you've never played a text-based game, this is probably the best way to dip your toes into this genre, seeing as you have some visual aids to go along with the text.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."

Minorkos posted:

Can myself from the future tell me if I will regret buying For Honor for 20 euros in this sale

Absolutely.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."

Mordja posted:

Just buy Dusk instead, imo.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."
If you have a clogged wishlist, go through it one-by-one. If you're not going to buy it and play it now, remove it. If you've added the game back in 2016, buy it now or remove it. Start the year fresh with a clear wishlist.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."

Glare Seethe posted:

It's really odd that no one at Valve can just take a couple of hours and add some basic usability features to address these and similar basic issues with the client. It can't be hard to limit the wishlist/games list to X per page, they already do that for badges for instance. I know the company structure/culture there doesn't encourage people to fix boring stuff like this at the expense of working on actually interesting things, but it's like no one there even uses their own software.

It's all about the skin generators. The only reason they're adding battle royale to CS:GO now instead of ages ago (PUBG didn't pop up overnight) is because they had competition from an even better skin generator.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."
Consider picking up Hello Charlotte. It's a cool RPGMaker game with a weird world. The first episode is available for free on itch.io, while the third and final episode is coming out January 5th.

In the same vein, consider picking up Metal as Phuk. Going into it, I didn't think it would be any good, but somehow the dev created something rather unique and pleasant. And really goddamn hilarious at times.

Blattdorf fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jan 2, 2018

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."
Gonna recommend Hello Charlotte once more. The second episode is easily worth the asking price, so the discount is sweetening the deal. Give the first episode a try beforehand - it'll either make or break the game for you.

I got it during last year's sale and didn't think much of it at first, but it was a rather pleasant surprise in how well it is crafted.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."
What's missing is some kind of neat metagame. The awards are the most lacklustre thing ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."
Valve's modus operandi is to offload everything onto the end user. They just think it's good enough and call it a day.

• Locked thread