Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

This is the "drunken James Joyce" people were promised in my Furlites of Aroriel thread!

Except that the style here isn't very similar to Joyce at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

Yes please provide accurate literary criticism to my joke about a crazy person’s religious sci-fi book.

I don't think it's a very good joke if the book looks nothing like Joyce at all

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Proteus Jones posted:

Fucks sake.

The point isn't that it looks like Joyce. It's that the story so far appears to the be a fevered stream of consciousness by a religious nut. It's not that long of a walk to make a middling joke (the connecting tissue being "stream of consciousness" if you need it spelled out).

You're either being deliberately obtuse or you're an idiot.

But it doesn't read like stream of conciousness at all, it's fairly straightforward descriptions of things happening(the things just happen to be theological and somewhat eccentric).

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Let's be fair. They're all angels, and some have fallen. As far as I can tell, this book posits that every pagan god of antiquity is actually an angel that people worshiped by mistake (cf. the end of the dedication).

That's also what Milton does in Paradise Lost

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

It really takes effort to parse this. Even without the spelling and grammatical mistakes, it's as dense as uranium and spilling over with superfluous and sometimes seemingly impossible detail. Trying to build a mental image of the scene in your mind is like sensory overload.

It's really not that dense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Proteus Jones posted:

Yep. There it is.

Is he even slightly wrong?

• Locked thread