Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Quality Control posted:

Ugh, if Square wanted to shoehorn in one of their other properties, why couldn’t they have picked Deus Ex? I want 5* Adam Jensen.

To hell with that, give FFBE a Monster Hunter World collab like FF14 is getting. Let us fight a Rathalos raid with Deviljho or Nergigante as the challenge fight.

Kheldarn posted:

FFRK just had a collab with KHUX a few months ago. This game is the redheaded stepchild.

Which is funny since I'm pretty sure FFBE is not only more successful than all of those, but makes more than FFRK and Mobius combined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
I don’t think I would want to see Nerg without him having a sprite animation for a dive bomb. Maybe it could be someone’s LB.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

When do we get a Forklift Simulator collaboration?

a penus
Aug 14, 2004

see you next mission
thanks to Jet for putting up that VotF Ifrit carry

my body is ready

edit: got him to 55 lmao

a penus fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Jun 13, 2018

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
CG Nichol is out this Friday. Time for a hell of a lot of cashing in.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

If you have the resources and intend to whale, make sure you go for two so you’ll be seven star ready. Also, maybe hold off awakening him to six stars until you can max his five star LB first. Unless you need to deploy him immediately.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Ugato posted:

I am ready!

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Cartoon Man posted:

If you have the resources and intend to whale, make sure you go for two so you’ll be seven star ready. Also, maybe hold off awakening him to six stars until you can max his five star LB first. Unless you need to deploy him immediately.

Yeah I’m not whaling this one but I’m not stopping at 1 of him. And I’ve been hoarding pots for the first time in basically ever (because I’ve finally hit a point where I actually don’t have someone important to cram them into). I’m guessing all my prep work and patience means I’m getting jack squat.

Going to be swimming in moogles too.

My planned pulls:

If I use everything:

Ugato fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Jun 13, 2018

Ancillary Character
Jul 25, 2007
Going about life as if I were a third-tier ancillary character
My daily half summon cracked into a rainbow. Could it be AD Kain #2 to get him 7* ready? Or PS Rydia so I can stop dragging Shantotto to 10-man trials to chain with Barb? Nope, it's Dark Knight Cecil. I've been getting way too much off-banner garbage lately.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im just doing dailies for Nic, the potential of having a good buffer in Zargabargle is there with his enhancements and 7* and I'd rather have Yuraisha cause she's way prettier

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Yeah, if you have a Zarg it’s probably worth waiting until his enhancements come out to see what happens. You’ll have at least 1 day to decide if you want to go for Nichol or not, depending on if they do his enhancements next week or the week after. It’s likely to be out on the 28th since they’re doing King’s Knight this week and they’re probably not going to have them back to back - but they did say June.

I have no Zarg so all aboard the Nichol train for me.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Interesting info from this interview:

RPGFan: There have been many cross-game collaborations for Brave Exvius, such as the event promoting NieR: Automata and a crossover with Dragon Quest. In Japan, there was recently a collaboration for the 20th anniversary of Xenogears, which featured the return of popular characters like Fei and Elly. Are there plans to bring that collaboration to the West?

Fujimoto: We are considering it, but we have no date set in mind as of yet. We need to consider how these characters might affect the game's balance. The Japanese version of the game is about six months ahead of the global version in terms of content, so we need to take that into consideration before we release anything. Another reason why we haven't is because a collaboration is a project with a second party. While it would be great for Brave Exvius fans if Xenogears content arrived for the game, we would prefer to find a time when the Xenogears brand would best benefit from the collaboration as well. To that end, we're actually wondering: Are the global players really waiting for Xenogears?

I guess we need to start Tweeting/Facebooking/etc. them and let them know that yes, we ARE really waiting for Xenogears.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
So I guess Global Players of a FINAL FANTASY game are more interested in JUST CAUSE than in XENOGEARS.

I know Xenogears is a 20+ year old title, but seriously you can't tell me this game is targeted at people who wouldn't know what it is.

Practically the only people who would care about Xenogears outside of JP are probably the ones playing this game. Are these people seriously that clueless?

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Based on the overall reception of the Just Cause banner right now, I’m gonna go with “yes.”

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Kheldarn posted:

I guess we need to start Tweeting/Facebooking/etc. them and let them know that yes, we ARE really waiting for Xenogears.

Who do you want me to tweet at I have like 22k and a hundred tickets already saved just tell me who

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
For those of you who (like me) didn't know this, This event introduces specific-type cryst farming. So if you need to restock Black or Tech or whatever, you can focus on just one.

Not sure what the rates are, but I'd imagine it has to be pretty great since you'll always get the color you want.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I feel like the Just Cause collab is some monkey's paw poo poo of the one Xenogears Rico fan in the world wishing that "Rico would make it to GL Exvius soon".

e: gonna grind the poo poo out of specific crysts, mostly black crysts

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jun 13, 2018

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
I saw the Just Cause reveal and literally sat there going "whyyyyyy?"

To which my best friend deadass said "just cuz"

I didn't know I was capable of such murderous intent upon a loved one. It was eye-opening.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Ugato posted:

My body is ready.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Hey, I notice everyone has been talking about the anniversary event that’s presumably imminent. Since I wasn’t here for the first one (started August of last year) what kind of rewards are they gonna be handing out, based on the last one?

a penus posted:

thanks to Jet for putting up that VotF Ifrit carry

my body is ready

edit: got him to 55 lmao
Out of curiosity, did you get all those from expeditions? I remember seeing that apparently the chamber of crystals can drop supercite too, but I ground through the pro versions a bunch of times with rare item+ units and didn’t get a single one. Was I just unlucky?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Hey, I notice everyone has been talking about the anniversary event that’s presumably imminent. Since I wasn’t here for the first one (started August of last year) what kind of rewards are they gonna be handing out, based on the last one?

Here's what we got last year, and this is what we know so far for this year.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Oh it’s starting in.... literally a few hours. Man I wish they would give us slightly more notice on these kinds of things. Like, no details but “hey, story side quests coming up in a month, FFX event coming up in two weeks” that kind of thing.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Oh it’s starting in.... literally a few hours. Man I wish they would give us slightly more notice on these kinds of things. Like, no details but “hey, story side quests coming up in a month, FFX event coming up in two weeks” that kind of thing.

Reddit was mean to them that one time, so... no.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
I was just looking over CG Nichol's skills, and goddamn does he blow pretty much all other support out of the water. I've got two Roys, so now I'm wondering if that will still be okay with his 7* in the future, or if I should really whale for Nichol right now. The only other time-limited banner coming up soon would be what, maybe Valkyrie Profile in the next couple months? I know we're getting Dragon Quest but I have no real nostalgic attachment so I'm only gonna pull on that one if the units are any good.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
It mostly depends on how much you need a dps or tank.

Reagan is nice - kind of higher value for us because we have Fryevia - who’s powerful now and probably going to continue to be so in 7* form. He’s basically the same tier as 7* DVeritas/Orlandeau. I personally rate him a bit higher.

CG Rain is a very good provoke and/or magic cover tank. He’s got some powerful counters and his damage scales off of spirit with decent to really big numbers. And he has some utility too.

Then there’s nothing particularly impressive until Hyou - 2 months after Rain, 3 months after Nichol.

a penus
Aug 14, 2004

see you next mission

Out of curiosity, did you get all those from expeditions? I remember seeing that apparently the chamber of crystals can drop supercite too, but I ground through the pro versions a bunch of times with rare item+ units and didn’t get a single one. Was I just unlucky?

I've been running the expeditions nearly every day since they dropped. I've done the chamber of crystals once each for the rewards.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Ugato posted:

It mostly depends on how much you need a dps or tank.

Reagan is nice - kind of higher value for us because we have Fryevia - who’s powerful now and probably going to continue to be so in 7* form. He’s basically the same tier as 7* DVeritas/Orlandeau. I personally rate him a bit higher.

CG Rain is a very good provoke and/or magic cover tank. He’s got some powerful counters and his damage scales off of spirit with decent to really big numbers. And he has some utility too.

Then there’s nothing particularly impressive until Hyou - 2 months after Rain, 3 months after Nichol.

He also inflicts a -60% dual element imperil with his DR chain like Sephiroth does. And he has an AOE attack that also refreshes party MP (including his own), among other things.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
CG Dad also has a step up banner, although it is very different from the ones we have gotten. Costs 11k, can only be done once, only the final step is an 11 pull and doesn't have a guaranteed result, but has significant boost to dad drop rate

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Yeah the only down side is that if you have any 7* dps at all he gets instabenched after two weeks.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
This FFBE E3 stream is embarassing. It has literally been trailers and discussion of Just Cause and Dragon Quest, no actual FFBE information at all.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Dana Crysalis posted:

This FFBE E3 stream is embarassing. It has literally been trailers and discussion of Just Cause and Dragon Quest, no actual FFBE information at all.

What did you expect?

Quality Control
Feb 2, 2001

Your are very dangerous. Be dead down here.
Wow, that 10+1 ticket where all units are guaranteed to be 4*+ is really nice.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
After 25 minutes of delay and 40 minutes of commericals for SE games, we got some pretty good announcements. The 2nd anniversary countdown starts Friday and they implied we'd be getting a 5* EX ticket then.

3.0 update coming mid-july. And they seemed to imply they would announce 7* release date on next month's YouTube video.

Oh, and the tickets for Lapis spent - the deadline to SPEND lapis is June 27th. You'll receive tickets relative to what you spent up to that date at the end of July. Also, the person who loves JC3 and did everything in it was the executive producer on stream.

E: if anyone would like the stream experience, it's basically the rest of the post in order:

quote:

Hey everyone, Just Cause is really cool you should play it. Hi Just Cause dev, we know you don't know what the christ this stream is about, but tell us about your game

[game trailer]

quote:

EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11 EVERYONE BUY DRAGONQUEST 11

Ugato fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jun 14, 2018

Quality Control
Feb 2, 2001

Your are very dangerous. Be dead down here.
Haha, the Just Cause collab is getting a 7* awakening. That’s one way to get people to spend on it.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

That gives me hope that the star ocean colabs get 7* versions too if they hit the states

can we sit on the all 4*+ ticket till xenogears? I doubt you could pull a limited unit from them anyways but one can dream!

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jun 14, 2018

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
So the only right choice for that player vote thing is the 5% rainbow chance free daily summons.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Everyone in the chat I was in was screaming #1 was the only pick. I don't know what that event actually is, but I'm assuming that's the one we're getting during the anniversary; if so I'd be able to offer an opinion then. 30 dailies at 5% is pretty nice.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Yeah, 30 Free Summons is the only option.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

As a hoarder for collab banners I'd take the extra 4k lapis from expeditions to collect dust waiting for SoM or VP :rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Which is why somehow the result will be the xp gain increase.

• Locked thread