Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Part 3 story reward is poop too, would rather have the 1 or 2 rewards again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's too bad those Raid units sucked and probably no one ever used them, because they have amazing sprites. Ashteroze and Nyalu's win and LB animations are awesome.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Can't wait to see if I get my 4th Lightning, DKC, or Marie tomorrow.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

KDdidit posted:

Can't wait to see if I get my 4th Lightning, DKC, or Marie tomorrow.

:toot:

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
New stage ELT dropped 690 canes and 4 stars, whooptie doo.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
A blizzard must be hitting the servers or something. More NRG bottles coupled with Lapis that I can't claim until I burn more of my bottle stash.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

dangerous.hotdog posted:

This is what our ancestors would have wanted.

I fire up the Remote Desktop from my couch rather than walk the 10 feet to my computer when the TMR macro gets wonky.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm just killing it on on-banner poo poo 5* units. 1/2 price and rando tix get me Ray Jack, Nyx, Gladiolus, Loren, and Ice Laswell. Multiple 11 pulls on Cloud, Ayaka, Nier, GLS, and Tidus banners got nuttin'. I mean that's how it works, but still. Don't even remind me of never pulling Tillith but getting Vargas and Elza.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

KDdidit posted:

I'm just killing it on on-banner poo poo 5* units. 1/2 price and rando tix get me Ray Jack, Nyx, Gladiolus, Loren, and Ice Laswell. Multiple 11 pulls on Cloud, Ayaka, Nier, GLS, and Tidus banners got nuttin'. I mean that's how it works, but still. Don't even remind me of never pulling Tillith but getting Vargas and Elza.

2 Ray Jacks on half pulls, good grief. A 2nd White Knight Materia would be cooler if there was more than 2 Heavy Armor with +ATK

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Getting around to Sheratan and had a few questions on getting through the first 50%. What's a good plan without Ayaka or Tillith? I kinda got lucky my first try with Wilhelm (tank), Soleil(buff/debuff), Ace(mana regen/pod damage reduction), Rem (heal), and Emporer (dps). I got it to 49% and was ready to kill it with a Barbie and Shant Tornado chain, capped by an Evo'd up Garnet Bahamut, but lo and behold I never filled the esper bar. Did it again but got worn down trying to fill the Esper bar.

So I guess the big things are:

1.) Which tank/gear/rotation? I have all of them other than WNK
2.) Cryst generation? Emperor can toast him quick with FFB, but that does poo poo for orbs
2a.) I know I can use Garnet's LB to fill the bar, but not sure how to keep her up if she's filled with 4 +10% Evo materia
3.) Healing? I have Rem's stuff awakened and she can put out probably 5.5k worth of healing with dual Cures, but as I said, it doesn't keep up with the damage
3a.)Guessing some kind of Rikku cheese? Not sure my tank will be up long enough for her to charge her LB to raise him though

Have every 4* of note (except Tillith of course) with 2 pods, 1 pouch, and that Dragon from the raids TM. Other 5* bases that could be helpful: Marie, Cid, and TT

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Beat Sheratan by the skin of my teeth. Everybody on my first squad was dead with Sherry at 58%, except for Emperor at 1 HP. One more FFB took it to 49% and the flowers came out and blew him up. The next 5 were swapped in and immediately ohko'd the rest with an Tornado/Bahamut chain.

They need a players choice banner with Ayaka like yesterday.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So this solo LGD TT, I set it up and it seemed to work perfectly, it just takes forever, right? Or am I doing it wrong?

Edit: did it a second time and it went much faster, weird. Not fast or anything, but not slow this time.

KDdidit fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jan 19, 2018

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Got mana drained the first time, that will certainly slow things down. Switched Ifrit out for Ramuh so I can osmose if it happens again. Puts me at only 90% FR, but it wasn't an issue with decent spirit.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The Trance Terra LGD strategy goes much smoother with a decent Basch unit. I have the TT but I don't have Basch, but have a some great Basch friend units, and since LGD eats up like 3 hours of NRG I don't run out of them. If he gets to the final boss (a good one always will) the 50% spirit break will allow TT to kill it on the 4th turn. Without a Basch, the fight goes long enough for the Fireball thingy to put up a shell and mana drain you and that draws the fight out way longer. A Balthier is pretty much useless on LGD if using TT and bonus units (unless of course you have a Basch too).

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Was it mediocre rainbow day? I got Olive #3. Oh boy, Ayaka's back on a banner, I get another chance! Wait! It's a 4 rainbow banner? Fuuuuuuck

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I hope they do something fun with C. Artemois so my Holy gimmick team of Orlandeu x2, CA, Ray Jack, and VoL can one shot the only boss in the next 12 months that will be weak to Light damage.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Finishers are great for one rounding ELT raid or MK bosses at least.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

BGrifter posted:

Dissidia Opera Omnia is setting the mobile scene on fire, FFRK is fighting back with a Kingdom Hearts collab launching simultaneously in JP and Global, FFBE has... a dog?

*Price is Right horns*

Sounds like someone is forgetting 1/2 price expeditions!

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'd consider paying that for my choice of 5* because I need an Ayaka so bad. Not paying it for a shot at Dark Knight Cecil #5.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I set up my VoL with equal Atk and Mag and took it down that way. I screwed up a bit when VoL cast the debuff thing because with Dragon Killers it threw the damage out of whack, but nobody was ever going to kill me with a dedicated healer, magic tank, physical tank, debuffer, and mp refresher so I just plonked it down. I'm sure I could do it in 1/4 the time if I did it again, but got all the rewards first try.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Stop giving compensation with NRG bottles, lol. Free 10+1 ticket for everybody as long as you also have room for the 24 bottles.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

hamburgers in pockets posted:

Wait, 10% moogles pop up from the raid coin summons? In that case I'll actually have to spend all of these instead of just selling them like usual.

Well I’ve burned every orb on ELT since the raid came up and haven’t even seen a 1% Moogle on a coin pull so YMMV.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I have too many crysts and feel compelled to ability awaken a finisher. Olive, DKC, Cupid Arty, or Luneth? I have 4 DKC and 2 Olives so they're 7* capable. I have no Clouds or Efreetas so there's no TDH parts to go around. Orlandu is my go to physical elemental chainer (no OK) with TT and Barbie magic chaining.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hmm, I do have 2 Cids....

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

PDQ Law posted:

I've swapped my Noctis for a T.Terra who can solo every event right now.

Her rotation is:
1) Magical Activation
2) dual 0mp Chaos Wave
3) dual 35mp Chaos Wave Awakened
4) repeat until victory.

What resistances does she need for LGD? I can probably make one too.

My reward for having a daughter named Beatrix was getting Beatrix on a generic ticket pull.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
For Leviathan 2 I just loaded up on damage, ate the wipe after the first turn, paid my 100 Lapis to re raise with all the limit and esper bars full and killed him with all quests on the 2nd turn. Felt it was a good investment.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'd go for a GTA collab. V can be Michael, Franklin, and Trevor or III can be No Name Guy, Vercetti, and Carl (fat). Since they have that guy with the car crash limit break that opens up a Grand Turismo collab. For GT3 I'd go Nissan Skyline, Ford GT40, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo, and Suzuki Escudo.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I know people started hoarding them way before me, and I still have 640 Arena Tix and 30k medals

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My iOS compensation was an EX ticket I got from the points from buying the fountain of lapis turning into Ramza. Two questions. I have Roy and enhanced Soleil, any reason to enhance Ramza? Is Brave Suit BiS for anybody notable? I know it was a while ago, but with new materia and equipment I'm not sure how great it is anymore.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Man, people are killing this raid. Can't remember the last time the bonus went up so fast.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That iOS compensation is fairly underwhelming. I know I lost 5% worth of Moogle on the last raid reward rankings, went from solidly 1-3k to the 3k-30k tier in weekly Arena, and though I can probably get back to the 1-3k Arena monthly ranking, there's a chance I couldn't which would be another 10% Moogle lost. There's also the continuous annoyance of attaching energy bottles to the rewards so now I have to drain 30 bottles worth just to collect everything. Woe is me.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Skyridge posted:

I should have said this a week ago, but every Beatrix on my friend list that doesn't have Diabolos and a holy weapon equipped is just doing the whole thing wrong.

Looking at you, guy with Bahamut and some weird TDH build

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dana Crysalis posted:

Not even remotely. GS Mastery is 50% of your base attack added to your attack as a bonus. Killers are take your end damage and add 50% more to it.

McSpankWich posted:

Generally, a killer is better than anything +40% ATK or lower, and not as good as 50% or higher.

Well, that didn't clear it up.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

McSpankWich posted:

How? Man-Eater is better than any of the +30% of +40% ATK materias.. (Quick Assault, Widsom, Proud Fencer, etc) but not better than the 50% of 60% (Weapon type mastery, Sworn Six's Pride - Dark, etc) for overall damage.

Maybe I'm reading Dana's post wrong, but it sounds like he's saying Killers are way better.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I never understood why they didn't have more reward ranking tiers for Arena. They're just throwing away money by having the tiers 1-3k and 3k to 30k, that's dare I say, generous. Give them the raid rank brackets and lunatics will spend plenty of $

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think we already got the 30M one.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
With all the dumb rear end 5* dupes I have, the 2 Ray Jacks might be the worst.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So far about 50+ tickets (10 4*) and 4 5k 11 pulls in trying to get CG Fina, I've got Tidus #2 and Zarglebargle #1. If you add in the Tillith and Ayaka x2 banners I've probably struck out on 150 tickets and 50k+ lapis trying to get a good healer.

Oh well, I'll get one eventually, it's not like I don't have everything else covered and then some.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Rainbow on the EX ticket!

Dark Fina #3!

drat it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well that trial was laughable with Barbie, Friend Barbie, Loren, Totto, iNick and a dodge unit. Biggest obstacle was defeating the connection error.

• Locked thread