Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone able to friend-host a Tidus with a fire weapon? I can do the same if anyone needs.

How much ice resistance should I be aiming for if I'm trying to 1 round this bad boy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

zeesik posted:

I have one up. Friend code is 087 002 101.

invite sent. IGN is Lezard.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Hmmm...gonna give this a shot with Onion Knight and a Hoemaru. 2 x Fire Tidus doesn't seem to have the oomph to one round. Closest I got was 9%. It could be the lack of perfect chaining or it could be the lower ATK values (I don't have a genji glove so dual wield eats up an important materia slot). I'm a lot better manually chaining Onion boys so let's see how that rolls out ...

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
WELP! Onion Boy takes the Frozen Crown. Friend OK didn't even have a fire weapon equipped, but a Splendor of Fire chain one shotted the Glace. Leaving the absolute boy up as my friend unit if anyone needs.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

So, what if you don't have two Onion Knights?

I dunno? I only have one myself. Chaining partner was a friend unit. If the friend unit had had a fire weapon equipped I probably could have killed it with Onion Cutter instead.

The key is to just have some kind of strong chainer with a fire weapon. Tidus didn't have enough ATK to one round with a chain, so I went with Onion Knight instead. Also, resetting if either of your DPS get wiped out in the opening salvo.

People on Reddit are managing with Orlandeu/Agrias, the Nier crew, VoD, etc. I think the only rule of thumb is to try and have your chainers over 900 ATK and to use fire weapons.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Kheldarn posted:

I sent a request, but you're full. 796 613 573 is mine, if you can clear a slot for me.

Cleared a spot and sent you a request. Goonspeed.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, I'm curious about that, too.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
what kind of shenanigans can WKN get up to? is his magic damage respectable? seems like a weird unit but the sprite is top-notch.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
i just want a gat-dang CG Sakura, but two 11 pulls and a bunch of tickets has netted me precisely crap.

this is penance for finally drawing a gilgamesh two weeks ago, but i'm happy with my genji gloves.

not even gonna bother chasing the time-limited units. any of them disgustingly OP? dog looks cool, but nothing else stuck out.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
just lmao at the 10 + 1 price that is just insulting and stupid in so many ways lmao

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
this even is complete poo poo, top to bottom. i've only been doing it when the rewards change over, but these conditions are AWFUL.

why in the holy hell would they make esper kills/using an esper one of the critical mission targets on a timed exploration that has an absolutely vanished encounter rate. usually the problem goes the other way around! I can't even build up the goddamn gauge before running out of time.

absolute horse piss, i just want my drat power giancrystys

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Infected posted:

Next set of enhancement:

Ahhhh poo poo after I just used up all my power crysts upgrading TG Cid.

What's this mean for Garnet, by the way? She already had ability awakenings ... is she getting a second batch that includes some of her 6* abilities?

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Khisanth Magus posted:

Princess Alexandria+1 --+50%SPR & Increase Summon Damage 10

Princess Alexandria+2--+50% SPR & Increase Summon Damage 10%+30% All Element Resists

So just a minor buff to her new passive.

nice.

so something I've been wondering with summoners -- what do they need for gear? My understanding is their native stats don't affect summon damage, so is the goal to just gear them for survivability and nuke as often as possible with, most likely, Bahamut?

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

well, that's pretty cool...Lightning 7* is really good, yeah?

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

jaclynhyde posted:

Chrono Trigger MYSTIC QUEST

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
managed to log in. i take it those enhancements weren’t released

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
had a several week dry spell on rainbows as well. finally got one today on a random ticket — dark fina #2. does she have a 7* form yet and, if so, how terrrible is it?

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Ahhh, my weeks-long no rainbow streak is finally broken on a compensation ticket ...

.. oh it's another Lightning...

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Is a Fixed Dice build worth using on either Onion Knight or Tidus if I'm missing Buster Style? I have two Marshal Gloves in the TMR oven but I'm not holding my breath over pulling a Cloud any time soon.

Also, I highly suggest bringing the Jade Moon Pendant for King Apep if you have it. Makes his status effect assault a breeze, and if you have a magic tank and and Atk/Mag breaker he should be no issue.

Oh, also, remember you can use Holy for that magic kill shot as long as you dispel his reflect first.

I think they quick fixed his light weakness? My Cid and EFluffy's crushed the bastard.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Also, I just opened up a few friend slots if any new (or not so new) goons haven't connected yet. Currently hosting a Beast Killer TG Cid for all your Apep slaying needs.

IGN is Lezard, Friend Code is 124.960.223.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Ugggggghhhh just wasted a bunch of Support crysts enhancing the wrong Noctis. He's just TMR fodder/maybe arena shennanigans, but still ... I could full pot him and put him to use, but my Noctis prime already has that stuff squared away.

At least I managed to pull BS Sakura from the 3rd batch on the Women's Day banner, which is all I really wanted. I guess that outweighs the wasted crysts.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
10+1 pulls are absolute garbage.

with the free tickets, whatever, they're free.

but 5000 lapis takes forever to accumulate and then pissing it away for a bunch of 3* trash and 4* dupes is absolutely demoralizing.

and LOL @ you if you actually pay cash money for that lapis.

this game ... we have a very abusive relationship.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Evil Fluffy posted:

Oh god no. I've given FFBE less than $5 since the soft launch.

you are much more principled than I.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
i haven't gotten a rainbow in the last 8 or so 10+1 pulls i've done, it's making me salty as hell.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
as if this sudden friends point banner dropping out of nowhere wasn’t bad enough, i’m now getting an error message anytime I try to change my received friends gift. tells me i’m using a prohibited word, and this happens even if i’m erasing the entire text box of my player info.

anyone else experience this, ever? every suggestion from customer support has so far failed, even reinstalling entirely. goddamn your programming, Gumi!

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Dana Crysalis posted:

your Party Names may be flagging somehow, have you ever changed those?

I had changed them before to some benign labels like “tmr party” and “tmr next” and the first suggestion from the help desk was to change the labels back to the default, which I did to no success.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
still no resolution on my friends gift bullshit error lol.

managed to half pull a Basch today, and my 30M ticket gave me a Lunera.

Do I have any use for Lunera if I already have enhanced Ramza?

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
hahah ... so apparently the prohibited word I was using was my goddamn user name "Lezard."

unbelievable. changed that, issue went away. Support desk was literally no help and I lost out on three days worth of friend point accumulation. This game is definitely big on the trolling.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Dana Crysalis posted:

Was way overkill for both esper fights. Literal one-shot of Siren, had to reload and bop her for 20 turns to get esper orbs.

I got Ifrit to 35 and Siren to 32 on the 10 supercites and enough red/blue megas to dip my counter under 999. (I had..... a lot.) Siren I picked up the ST Reflection Boost panels and now she gives more MAG than Bahamut so I mean, yay?

lol i saw the image before the edit and wondered how the heck Lara, Xon, and a non-maxed Zidane managed to crush the trials, but this makes more sense.

4*+ ticket from Siren finally delivered the Lotus Fina I’ve been chasing. I assume I can officially retire Ayala now or are there cases where I’d want one over the other? Honestly I haven’t been in dire need of healing with Ramza singing away but I appreciate the options.

Think I’m gonna put off Ifrit until I finish farming an ice katana.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Japan is getting CG Folka next, a water based healer with imperils and split mitigations w abilities. She also has def/spr break resitances and top tier MP recovery at the cost of limit break consumption. Could be pretty good but all 7* healers (except eiko) are pretty good already.

More importantly 20 anniversary xenogears raid out of loving nowhere

omg please give us a xenogears banner.

i still stand by disc 2 being a masterpiece, even if the completed project would have been miles better

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
half draw today was my first Aileen. Which build is superior for her — dual wield or TDH? And with which non-aileen characters does her enhanced piledriver chain?

gonna hold on to the 10%(lmao) rainbow ticket for now. I got Lulu from this banner already and I’m okay with not having Yuna.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
seeing jakes face on his new CG animation really underscores how horrid his interactions with Lid are.

looking forward to 6* camille though.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
so how overdue on this raid are we? garuda feels exceptionally weak on ELT and the raid gacha rewards a step back from the last few.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
the past few raid bosses seemed to hit harder if they for whatever reason weren’t dead after the first round

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
any word on if 7* knight delita is any good? daily draw today landed me a second.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
how is 7* CG fina? pulled a second one on the step up banner

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone able to host a Lunera tricked out with MAG as their friend unit? I finally awakened and TMRd mine up and there are a few trials I’d like to tackle, especially with that perfect chaining trick.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Swoon posted:

Sure. 226372592 if we're not already friends.

thanks! together, our Lunera were able to clear the Malboro. could not get a LB kill it would have left the little ones alive even perfect chained, but whatever.

hit a brick wall on the moon. i was hoping aureole being dual element would mean it was only partly resisted by the light and wind skulls, but they straight up nulled it. i hate that trial - it will take me forever using someone like Ashe, none of my other magic options have non-elemental chaining capability. i really wish I had Trance Terra.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Victis posted:

Xenogears part 2 coming to the JP servers, with Citan shown thus far.

does he fight with his fists or with his sword?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

oh my god it’s perfect

• Locked thread