Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Agreed posted:

I hope this event is the one that does it. We let Gumi get away with providing a really mediocre product compared to what JP gets, and then you get dumbass shills on reddit defending them as "it's a different game!"

yeah, no poo poo, it's a way worse one from basically the same dudes just to gently caress us, it's bad & they should change it. that's the point. how is that defensible as "different game!" to these folks, I dunno. They like it really rough.

the subreddit has been pretty consistent with calling this christmas event terrible, i don't even think the die hard gumi defenders can really justify this really bad frozen knockoff.

edit: looks like there are a few defender, but they're basically downvoted and told to gently caress off.

Meanwhile in the post-pull-depression thread:

Tengames fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Dec 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

That days 3 and 4 are rare (3 star) and 4 star tickets while day 5 is 500 lapis instead of a 5* ticket is the most "lol gently caress you non-Japanese players" mobile gaming thing imaginable.

5* ticket is the 28th day login.

Still sucks we are only getting one, but on the plus side its a ticket and not a 5000 lapis banner which works out better for f2p players.

also reminder we should be getting a 10+1 ticket on the 25th tomorrow.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

The man called M posted:

What’s the :goonsay: on Loren? Got her from my 10+1 ticket.

Has fullbreak+ so one of the few units that dont use two of thier turns casting breaks. She has a chaining skill with blade prison and her limit break unlocks two more chains and a finisher, and at max level inflicts a 74% wind and lightning imperil. Unfortuantely without some chain macros shes near impossible to perfect chain with outside of copies. I have one all leveled up if you ever need a parner for it.

Also ignore the other guy, its a bis tm for a lot of units where they want the acc slot for something other then genji glove

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

By the way , If you logged in every day and are getting the 5* summon ticket on the 28th, just wanna point out i pulled christine on a 4* ex ticket yesterday and gladios on a 5* the day he came out, so it might be a good idea to wait a day before using it, just for that slight chance.

At the very least, it increases the summon pool to lower your odds of getting lightning and queen.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

fullTimeLurker posted:

Okay gently caress the VoD route.... only doing 10% damage a round with pod153. Spent 45 minutes and Gmalboro was still at 72% health.

New try, T.Terra with ribbon and dark resist. Anyone mind sharing her?

can do, just hold on a second.

edit:
ribbon and 80% dark res.went and got a black mask, now 95% dark resistance.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Dec 27, 2017

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Ugato posted:

Considering it would require a pretty fundamental shift from JP, no I'm pretty sure we're going to have a similar release to JP. At least as far as banners and when we get 7*. We might get shifted groupings like we do for enhancements now as well as some tweaks to units' kits, but thankfully they don't seem to be nerfing units in that process. And at the rate they've been going it's probably going to be sooner than a year. We're about 9 months behind JP, currently.

I actually think we might get them sooner then jp got them because we know precisely when jp got them banner wise and even if sepiroth and the unit he shares banners with is op as poo poo, theres going to be a return of "why should I pull for these when orlandu Cloud 7 star is just around the corner?" we might get a global exlusive unit or something a month or so early that becomes the first 7* unit.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Skyridge posted:

Doesn't JP give a lot more lapis and tickets out though?

We are getting the 4* tickets from king mog,

Office Thug posted:

Gingerbread man went down like a sack of bricks. You can't really OTKO him without a super loving good team, but you can still get him down to 50% safely and then just blast him. He deals almost no damage until then, and only has a slight chance of inflicting stop.

I took christine for a spin with a friend one and murdered it. first turn they buffed and delita did spr break, turn 2 delita used crazy day and the christines used snow burial taking it down to 14% .If it werent for the 5 unit mission i could have brought dracu lasswell for a 75% imperil and killed them right there.

Even if you dont oneshot him, if you get him low enough he hits his threshold and wastes a turn buffing which you can use to finish him off

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Everything about the christmas event was a frosty fart. From the story, the gifts, the king mog store, the drop rates, the store boxes. Everything. They could have done a lapis box and half assed raid like they did last year and it would have been better and less work for them.

I'm firmly in the camp that Gumi is just loving stupid.
Not stupid, evil, those cash bundles are solely for taking everyones itunes giftcards from christmas. The christmas event is to make whales grind and burn lapis doing so and christine is powerful to make you want to pull for a time limited.

Its the opposite of giving new players lots of free stuff to entice them ,and now they’re making it as miserable as possible for the whales to cough up cash. Some gambling addict probably spent all the cash they had for their kid’s christmas gifts and thats exactly what gumi wanted

quote:

Good deals and good reward are more "Greedy" then what we got.
If you give people what they want they’ll stop pulling. Its more profitable to dangle a single 4* ticket in front of them knowing they likely wont get poo poo from it and will have to give you even more money to chase it.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jan 2, 2018

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Hell, its dumb as gently caress but using lapis refreshes just to get more turtles/cactuars/moogles probably makes more sense than using lapis refreshes for these pots
The whales already have plenty of all of that

The ranking rewards from a regular raid are also utterly meaningless for whales due to the sheer amount of money that would have to be spent to get to the top. The top spenders arent doing it for the summon tickets and moogles.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

HGH posted:

Honestly who even burns Lapis for energy these days when we have a nearly nonstop refill fountain of free energy pots given out?

Id say tm grinding but the game hands out so many moogles every week i hardly feel the need to bother.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

Yup. I had that issue, too. I had to use the Back key on my phone to get out of it.

What would you suggest as a Pod replacement for people who either didn't manage to get a 9S or missed the One Time Only Never Gonna Happen Again!* NiER Collab?

I'm not one of them. I got two 9S. And maybe oneday, I'll even finish one of those TMRs...

*poo poo like this is bullshit. EVERY Event/Collab should rotate back in at some point.

Convinently the dragon dude’s tm also grants a physical damage reduction ability.

Worth noting that like the neir collab its two 4* banner units so the odds of getting the specific one you want is less then 2.5%, less then the odds of a rainbow crystal.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Ray jack’s tm is good for gladious if you want to go for his atk/def build (his limit break is a good aoe finisher so he actually works as one) and the damage reduction tm gives him something his tank role was badly missing.

Dont worry about the magic doublehand tm though, almost all mage 7* get a equip bonus from both doublehand and dual weild , so you wont get screwed if you dont pull one.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

HGH posted:

They're having it right now but everyone but the 5* are different in rarity and much more useless than our versions because of the 7* meta over there.

so did japan do anything regarding time limited units 7* or did they just go "gently caress you, you got two weeks to pull them twice"?

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

No and thank god :v:

My hope is that they are making ray jack absolute trash so that no one asks them to bring this poo poo banner back when 7* come out. Just loving leave him in the dumpster it cant be salvaged.

Also instead, have the Seiken Densetsu and Star Ocean banner happen AFTER 7*s hit Gumi, unless you hate money that is.

I hope you mean just secreat of mana, seiken densentsu 3's banner rotated over several days becuase of the multiple base 5*s on it, that would be absolutely cruel to anyone wanting to pull for a 7*

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

I hope they dont actually make unit of choice tickets take half a year to accumulate because within those 6 months the 7* meta will have shown up and just spending that long for just one unit you would already need a copy of or one 1/4th of a super tmr is holy gently caress level of terrible.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

So for more amazing gumi/alim programming, someone found that if you kill CG lasswell right as he uses his limit, his skill unlocks get passed on to someone else.
I went and tested it at the training dummy, and it seems to work with any buff or skill unlock.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

This requires further exploit- testing!

Gladly! test results:
You know how in ff6, shadow's interceptor was basically a modified status effect, and though a specific skill, could give that status effect to another party member? I *think* it's the same thing here. It looks like, all moves that unlock/grant another move are just self buffs that give the unit the ability, and this glitch involves the unit using a self buff after being killed, so the game's coding goes "well that unit's dead, gotta find another target" and picks a random party member to apply the buff too.

which unit recives the buff is random, unless only one unit is left alive, then its that one. it is not effected by provokes either innate, 100% or otherwise. If all units are dead/hiding/in the air, then the caster's corpse gets buffed.
The glitch can be combined with rikku's LB to revive everyone after performing the trick, though the surviving unit will need to rebuff everyone.

this works with any buff, or ability that unlocks more abilities.

it even works with noctis's warp strike, granting point blank-warp strike to a random person, and he can use it the very turn you do the glitch.

using Trance terra's buff skill wont give the 0 mp chaos wave, but using the glitch while she casts that 0 mp chaos wave gives the other unit awakened chaos wave for the rest of the battle, giving her a chaining partner.

this does not transfer over abilities from combo systems, like soleil's dances or prishe's combo system. However, The Prishe special is an unlocked ability, and can be transfered over.

Damage stacks from abilities that power up from each use transfer over. Will have to see if i can abuse this with emperor's fire from below...as soon as rem comes back from the expedition.

is this exploitable? Not likely by most people. It's a lot of setup and killing party members just to stick a skill on a unit that shouldn't have it. additionally, although Rikku can make everyone autorevive, you need some way to rebuff everyone so they survive, unless its a 10 unit trial, then you could just swap out the corpses next turn. You could just leave everyone alive, and then reset the app until the unit you want to get the buff recives it by random chance. There's probably a hilarious setup where you give Rem Emperor's fire from below stacks, which then combine with her dual wield and killers to just absolutely wreck a boss in one shot.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jan 14, 2018

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Armitage posted:

I got up to 6,250 lapis, did a daily draw. gently caress off and die, Sice.

Still haven't had an on banner pull in this banner and I've had the worst run I think anyone may have ever had for on banner pulls since the Christmas banner.

EDIT: I think I'm done with event banners/daily draws and will just stick to pulling on the Rare Summon banner.

if youre hunting for dupe 5* then the generic rare banner is propably the best option.
that said we don't know what global exclusives we'll get in the next few months, so might as well save tickets after king's knight is done.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

WebDO posted:

Well poo poo, is Veritas of Fire still king of happy ending mountain?

next mama chocobo den that comes out in story lets you buy the best non-elemental axe with a built in beast killer, which will be a godsend for non-fixed dice builds of him.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

My TT also set up for soloing LGD, that chocobo can be a nightmare if he uses choco meteor twice in one turn though.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Skyridge posted:

The inevitable FF9 event is also King Mog, correct? Anyone want to try and make sense of the banner schedule for February?

its not even worth guessing because there's Chinese New Year and Valentines Day and who knows what global exclusive junk they'll make for it.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

was doing just the 3 daily for LGD the last 2 days, and didnt get a whole lot of anything. today compensated for that with just one run.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Dana Crysalis posted:

meanwhile I spent all my lapis (20k) and tickets (seven 4*s, 15-20 normal) on this banner because I needed a magic cover tank.

I didn't even get a rainbow.
what up mystea-less buddy
fed every ticket from the event back into it. got 4 onbanner golds and none of them were drace.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Ubiquitus posted:

She hasn't been enhanced yet right?

she did, and she got much better enchancements then what JP gave her.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

ApplesandOranges posted:

How's Arngrim, he's literally the only character I care about from that banner.

A tdh finisher who has can use 3 abilities in a row, which seems detrimental to being a finisher as you want all that damage as a single hit at the end of a chain.
Freya seems to have the same issue as Lenneth, but she has a gigantic 3000% 1hit finisher for a limit break, with an equally gigantic 40 limit cost. If youre using her you're probably bringing along someone with entrust.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Jan 24, 2018

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Got nothing but junk on healer banner. Kinda hitting a low point with this game, the trials were nice but this game requires way too loving much babysitting with raid and arena orbs , and the story surpassed my expectations and got even dumber to the point where even I'm skipping it now. The combination of the constant glitches, endless grinding , and the incredibly lovely and greedy cash bundles is really getting unbearable.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

BDawg posted:

Moogle bug?

trust moogles combined all the way up to 100% cant be used. so if you collected raid moogles , fused them all together to put on a unit, youre stuck waiting until gumi fixes it to actually get thier trust mastery .

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Like I've said before, we got things like 5* tickets EARLIER proportionally than the japanese did. As it is right at this instant, there is no reason to believe that we will be worse off than the japanese when 7* roll out. The only way we would be worse off is if they rush out 7*s faster than in the japanese version and completely forgo step ups.

Step ups wont mean a drat thing if people dont have as much lapis to actually use it. A lot of stepups don’t garuntee multiple 5* let alone one, so if someone tries and gets nothing, theyre hosed for months until they save up enough for the next one.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Thats 2 more than what japan had in this point in time of the schedule, just saying.
How many garunteed 5* banners did they have at this point?

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Ubiquitus posted:

Could have sworn the most common talking point in this thread is usually "don't chase rainbows", for the exact reason that the on banner rate is so hideously low
the other rule of "always daily draw" still applies tho.

What people should be chasing is those time limited units, those things have had pretty great trust masteries lately.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

WebDO posted:

So I only had time for beginner and advanced- does the drop rate pick up for the crafting material or do they really expect you to farm 30k at 100 per run?

The quest changes daily, or at least its clear rewards do, so presumely somewhere down the line the drop rate increases.

Also elt has an enemy spawn that drops like 100+ by itself

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

McSpankWich posted:

Wait, I have to use actual $$ to get the guaranteed 5*? Seriously, gently caress this game

This is sadly common in gatcha games but lets see if gumi goes above and beyond and overcharges the gently caress out of it

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Khisanth Magus posted:

So we are apparently skipping several good banners to get the extremely mediocre FF15 Prompto banner/raid this week. Wtf gumi, where is ff9 and cg fina

Theres the pc version of ff15 but theyre a bit early even for that. Should have run secret of mana again instead imo.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

well I'm already satisfied with free pulls.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

HGH posted:

So is Leviathan 2 just an RNG fuckfest? Because throwing random infinite damage instakills or just spamming AoEs if he feels like it is reminding me badly of a certain halloween skeleton.

Mystea and reraise is required. Mystea is needed specifically for stop res and reraise will counter the death bubbles. Also use a water res buff on top of stacking mystea’s innate so tidal wave’s imperil doesnt kill her.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

If you hadn't mentioned that I never would have known it existed. I knew about the Secret of Mana remake for months, but that totally slipped below the radar.

I have to admit, as person who has always advocated FF6 > Chrono Trigger; I'm getting a :smugdog: grin looking at that "Mostly Negative" on the Steam page. I know it's just for the lazy port, but...mmm...feels good.

I have some bad news for you regarding ff6 and steam ports....

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

wizard on a water slide posted:

Wondering if existing players get those?

Ashe sounds like she might be replacing ludmille in the tutorial summon but lightning will presumely be a new rookie quest everyone can clear.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Didn't notice any new Rookie Missions to do today, it says March 6...

Its a typo , most likely the 8th and 9th

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Ugato posted:

I’m going to be burned out on raids for a bit after 4 weeks straight but in general I do enjoy seeing them when they come up. Good rewards for actually playing the game and all.

i just wish the boss changed things up or did something when it leveled. I just set a macro at this point because its the same exact fight every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Looks like the compensation is given to anyone logging in with an ios device so use it if you got one.

And paybackjack, make an opening on your friends list , ive been unable to accept that friend request for 3 months now.

• Locked thread