Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

new kind of cat posted:

WELP! Onion Boy takes the Frozen Crown. Friend OK didn't even have a fire weapon equipped, but a Splendor of Fire chain one shotted the Glace. Leaving the absolute boy up as my friend unit if anyone needs.

I sent a request, but you're full. 796 613 573 is mine, if you can clear a slot for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

new kind of cat posted:

Cleared a spot and sent you a request. Goonspeed.

I tried. The entire team kept getting wiped on the stupid pre-emptive attack (I hate those in games like this). Ah well.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

PDQ Law posted:

I put back my 100% dodge WoL for anyone not running iNichol.

364 859 209

Took me 26 rounds. Looks like I'm not getting Cloud's Uniform any time soon...

Cao Ni Ma posted:

How many parts is the story?

7, plus whatever the Trigger is, according to the wiki.

Remaining Costs & Rewards are:
pre:
Eternal Winter - Story 4 	Candy Cane 1,500 	Lapis 500
Eternal Winter - Story 5 	Candy Cane 2,000 	Joyful Spirit - recipe
Eternal Winter - Story 6 	Candy Cane 2,500 	Reindeer Headband
Eternal Winter - Story 7 	Candy Cane 3,000 	Trust Moogle (ALL 5%) 
Joyful Spirit (Materia)
Type: Special Ability (Passive)
Effect: Increase HP (10%), Increase resistance to sleep, paralyze, confuse, and petrify (50%)

Crafting recipe
Materials: Candy Cane (3000), Glowing Star (50)
Gil: 0

Reindeer Headband
Type: Armor (Hat)
Stats: ATK+19, DEF+15, SPR+10
Element: -
Resistance: -
Additional effect: -

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

10+1: Gold Sozhe #7. The rest were blue repeats. Sazh #16 was my best, getting me closer to his 10-Sided Die.

Daily Half, however, was my SECOND Daily Half Rainbow. I got VOTD. Merry Christmas to me!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Agreed posted:

Cagnazzo and Mystea are boss as gently caress. I feel like I wasted resources enhancing WOL's tanking today (I know it'll be handy, though, he brings a lot to the fight). Glacial and the Bloody Moon can't do poo poo to my party, they're a total wall. I only have 40 hp of pots in Mystea and nothing in Cagnazzo too.

How do you have their gear & materia kitted out?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Ya'll need to stop with this, "Congrats on your 7*!" stuff.

You KNOW that it's not coming to ~Different Game Global~ until a year+ after they bring Ramza's enhancements to us, and that it will be almost 100% different.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Last Daily Half of 2017? Blue > Exdeath #10. :sigh:

WKN will never be mine. I guess that's what I get for getting 7 Rainbows this month: Loren (Daily Half), VOTD (Daily Half), Wilhelm (10+1 Ticket), Cloud (4*+ Ticket), Tidus (EX Ticket), Lightning #3 (4*+ EX Ticket). Rainbow 7 was from the 5* EX, and was Trance Terra #3.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Hello, 2018! Daily Half gives me... Sazh #17! SO close to getting his 10-Sided 20-Sided Die!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Office Thug posted:

Also I got my FD OK up! He's not quite BiS but close enough, shoot me an invite 209565963 if you want to try him out!

I think you got your code wrong. 209565963 brings up a Level 2 Rain named Hazel that hasn't played in 119 days...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Office Thug posted:

Yup I did, it's 209464963, gonna edit the other post

Ah, you're Muffinmx! That explains why I always find bad rear end builds on whatever friend unit you have up.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

hagie posted:

+4 gigs available

FE Heros has been doing it too. Thankfully I am not far enough in that game to give a poo poo, nor are my units useful.

It doesn't happen often for me, but I've found that when the game acts stupid like that, an uninstall and reinstall fixes it.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

hagie posted:

I’m stuck in a perpetual notice of the 12 days event

Yup. I had that issue, too. I had to use the Back key on my phone to get out of it.

Office Thug posted:

Why the Dinosaur?

His move set gives you one very important thing: a Single Target 25% MAGIC Damage Reduction buff. That specificity on MAGIC damage means that, much like Physical Damage Reduction buffs, it will almost certainly stack with a general Damage Reduction buff. At 25% it can make a difference between Mystea eating total poo poo on a bad turn with Marlboro or just barely scraping out alive. And it also increases that unit's SPR by 80%, in case you need that. It lasts 3 turns too... there's literally nothing wrong with this ability. Barusa also comes with a Physical version of this move, but there are much better sources of physical damage mitigation (see Pod).

What would you suggest as a Pod replacement for people who either didn't manage to get a 9S or missed the One Time Only Never Gonna Happen Again!* NiER Collab?

I'm not one of them. I got two 9S. And maybe oneday, I'll even finish one of those TMRs...

*poo poo like this is bullshit. EVERY Event/Collab should rotate back in at some point.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Ha! People with a Level 100 Gilbert in their party couldn't complete Expeditions. The game just said Nope!

Edit
I'm still getting Servers Are Busy :byewhore: errors. :gumi:

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jan 4, 2018

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Server did well enough for me to do my Daily Half, 10+1, and use two tickets in an attempt to get WKN or Christine, then poo poo itself.

I ended up with Trey, Cyan, and Scarmiglione for my Daily Half & 2 Tickets. 10+1 gave me my first Xon, but also gave me Bedile AND Russel.

Bedile, Russel, and Cyan. What a way to start 2018!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Another Event with No Bonus Units? Off to a great start this year, Gumi!

Also, add me to the gently caress Daily Toby group.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

BDawg posted:

We don’t ever have bonus units in raids?

No? poo poo. OK, that's on me then. But still, gently caress Daily Kunta Kintae Toby.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Maybe it'll come back next month, when the SOM remake launches?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Ya know, I was thinking, "What character could they add to FFBE that would probably make me whale out?", and only one comes to mind... :human being:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

wizard on a water slide posted:

I clicked on "do 11-pulls until you get a 5*" on the roll simulator and it was harrowing

Attempts = 1
Lapis used = 5000
5★ (1) = Jiraiya
4★ (1) = Vayne
3★ (9) = Heltich, Larsa, Lani, Mustadio, Larsa, Scarmiglione, Shantotto, Guromu, Sabin

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

You really can't do the T Terra LGD strategy unless her abilities are awakened huh? Magical Activation > Chaos Wave is just so slow, after 8 turns the boss is at only like 60% health

Yup. Mine's not awakened, so I bring a carry instead. Turn 1 is Magical Activication. Turn 2 is Sucessor - Maduin's Power > double Chaos Wave. Turn 3 is Sucessor > double Chaos Wave Awakened.

Provided the orb fucker doesn't use Fear, it generally doesn't take me more than 8-10 rounds.

Last night, I ended up in a 25 Round battle because he kept using Fear. :argh:

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jan 23, 2018

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Ubiquitus posted:

She hasn't been enhanced yet right?

She was part of Batch 9, where the Big Stars were Orlandeau, WOL, and WKNoel.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I think the banner after the upcoming Devs Choice banners (or maybe two after) should see the return of SOM characters, since it'll be close to the SOM Remake release on 2/15.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Garth_Marenghi posted:

So with festival of Love i opened all the chests with the materials to make the special items. My phone crashed and all of that is lost. The chests are now empty, is there any way to get those materials?

I would contact support. The official Twitter account posted that there were server stability issues, so they might be able to restore the items for you.

https://twitter.com/FFBE_EN/status/962960218769391616

Compensation was 100 Lapis.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Sometimes it does feel like the game is trying to make up for lovely pulls.

And it's more fun to anthropomorphize and attribute emotion to a random number generator than accept the cold hard fact that success is not nor has it ever been based on merit or talent, but the unpredictable tides of chaos of an apathetic universe. :sun:

You stop that right now! RNJesus is totally real, and it's watching you say that!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

RNJesus clearly wants me to have all the magic doggos and little magic girls. :sparkles::respek::chord:

Hmm... maybe I need to start trash talking RNJesus, then...

Stupid RNJesus, giving me garbage like Yuri and Bedile!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

While I do prefer Sprites to 3D, I can say that DFFOOFighter's characters don't bother me. My issue right now is Normal Seymore spanking me with his OHK Spear move.

Garth_Marenghi posted:

Thanks for the advice i contacted them and rhey mailed me the items.

Glad it worked!

Edit: Turns out it was an issue affecting lots of players. It was in today's News > Issues, and they say if you were affected, to contact support. So, for anyone else who had this happen, contact support and get your stuff!

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Feb 14, 2018

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Freebie went Blue > Gold > Rainbow, and out popped Old Man Cid #2. Gotta level him, and finish gearing T.G. Cid #1, but...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Cao Ni Ma posted:

And finally because the step up banners are massively better value and more consistent than this trash and it wont be long till they start showing up.

Right after 7*. Which will be a long time, based on Ramza Enhancements. Probably twice as long.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Cao Ni Ma posted:

No, there were step up banners prior to 7*. Sephiroth and CG Reagan both had them and they were prior to 7*

Except for ~Global's a different game~

Edit
Did JP's 7* show up before or after the leak?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Some idiot made the wiki say that you get 1,000 Lapis for completing Festival BGN, and 20,000!! for ELT.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Daily Half gave me another Kuja. 10+1 started me off with a Gold, which contained another Sozhe. The next to last, however, was a Rainbow, containing my first Elfreeda.

I'll take it.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Also, WHY THE HELL DID YOU DECIDE TO MAKE 10+1 TICKETS MATERIALS, GUMI?!

I know, because Gumi. :sigh:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I'm just sad that we'll never get something like this:

30M Downloads Campaign
Duration: Month of March
(1) 3x Free 10+1
3/1 0:00 ~ 3/9 23:59
3/10 0:00 ~ 3/19 23:59
3/20 0:00 ~ 3/31 23:59

(2) Daily Summoning Ticket
1x Daily: 3/1 5:00 JST ~ 4/1 4:59 JST (31 Tickets)

(3) Lottery
Between 3/1 0:00 ~ 3/31 23:59 JST
Clear a limited quest to enter

Content:
Reward Winner(s)
1,000,000 lapis 1 person
100,000 lapis 10 people
50,000 lapis 20 people
30,000 Lapis 30 people
1,000 lapis 26,100 people

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Looks like I'm gonna need a Steiner, so old man Cid can double fist the Excalibur and Excalibur II. Or two Excalibur IIs... Or maybe 2x Beatrix, so he can double fist Save The Queen (IX)...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I think SOM is the most asked about, so it's probably that. Or maybe DQ/DQM.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

hagie posted:

Are we going from a raid, straight into another raid?

Nah. We went from a raid into a King Mog into a raid. And we'll probably go into a King Mog into a Raid into a King Mog into a Raid into a....

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Anybody have a Friend Unit that can cheese the Escape From Alexandria Castle explore?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Office Thug posted:

Done. Behold the sword-and-board Noctis! 100% earth, 100% lightning, 100% evade. Send me an invite if you don't have me: 209,464,963

Instructions: Escape from every normal battle, and Hide from the boss to avoid failing the KO mission. Have Noctis use Warp Strike -> Point-Blank Warp Strike, or Armiger -> Point-Blank Warp Strike. If you run low on MP just use Point Warp -> Point-Blank Warp Strike. If the boss uses "it became compact" keep wailing on it with impunity. He will heal once at each specific thresholds, but otherwise you should be able to DPS the thing down.

Let me know when you're done so I can put my Levi 2* Mystea back up!

edit Don't hit Auto or you won't deal enough damage to overcome the boss' heals

Sorry, was watching some JJS2. Going in now. I'll report back when I'm done. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Your Noct getting hit with Confuse a few times made it take some time. But I did it.

No Light Resistance +20% for me, because I never bothered to see if I had any Units who learn both, and therefore never leveled up Helena or Jake. Ah well.

• Locked thread