Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Reposting from the last thread:

This is a Kotaku link and I guess Goons have a thing about them, but whatever, click it.

https://trib.al/k13cjSo

Here's a Polygon link (also I guess Goons hate them too but whatever man, news is news) with the same news:

https://www.polygon.com/2017/12/21/...source=facebook

:siren:Apple has just announced that all loot box odds must be disclosed.:siren:

No news yet on the Play Store, but who knows?

Gacha is a loot box.

This is good news for consumers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
They will if they want to stay on the App Store...

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Holy poo poo, enhanced Orlandeau is a loving beast.

Expensive, though.

I have two.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius- Now exclusive for Android Devices!

You sweet summer child. :roflolmao:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Dec 21, 2017

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

new kind of cat posted:

WELP! Onion Boy takes the Frozen Crown. Friend OK didn't even have a fire weapon equipped, but a Splendor of Fire chain one shotted the Glace. Leaving the absolute boy up as my friend unit if anyone needs.

So, what if you don't have two Onion Knights?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

rabidsquid posted:

hey goons would it be helpful to a significant number of y'all if i geared up my ayaka for ice resist and made her my friend unit? will it generally be easier for someone to set up chainers and bring a paralyze immune unit with aoe raise

I don't have an Ayaka, so... at least one person?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
How do you beat this Air Buster gently caress?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

PDQ Law posted:

Edited, yes it was Wilhelm, Mr. Tank. He's on the back burner though since all my LB pots are going to Ayaka, and enhanced 100% evasion WoL serves my tanking needs for now.

Enhanced 100% evasion WoL provoking on round 1, AOE cover on round 2. Otherwise, I think iNichol making a 100% evasion unit cover can do it, or Rikku's LB if that's not possible.

I can put up my enhanced 100% evasion WoL if you want.

That would be very helpful, thank you!

ZarathustraFollower posted:

I can put up my Wilhelm if you need him. He can take the punch and have about 6k hp left after impregnable.

Or this, thanks!

Dana Crysalis posted:

Literally everything he does is dodgable. iNichol + full dodge unit == no damage.

I didn't draw a single new Halloween unit!

hagie posted:

If some one needs an iNichol let me know I can put one up that I used as both an encounter down and budget build

Any one of you would be a huge help!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
The first person that came up was Hagie, thank you all very much for putting your units up!

Man. I wish I had one of those iNichols.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Got a 10+1. Nothing of note.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
So I just used my 4* EX ticket Gumi slipped me for today, and I have only one thing to say.

WHEN RAMZA ENHANCEMENTS GOOMI?!?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

BDawg posted:

I pulled a Fohlen today too. Does he have any use these days?

He's a dodge tank that does decent damage. He chains well with Pod-153 users and Reberta.

If you can sustain his MP you can build up a lot of dodge stacks while chaining.

HGH posted:

The pair is pretty much perfect for Marlboro too, so you know they're good when they can tank that clusterfuck of a fight.

B-b-b-but they're not Marboro Killers!

It's good that they put up that video though. I have all those characters... EXCEPT AYAKA.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Duke 7* Ah duke. You were the sacrificial lamb for the gimmick awakenings for this round. If it wasn't obvious from the red armor, Duke follows FFXIVs school of dragoons. They loving hate dragons. His 100+ jumps all have built in insane modifiers against dragons and his 5 turn cooldown ability provides an aoe 100% imperil against ice, strong 70% aoe phys break and the ability to smack down a dragon in the next 2 turns with a 750% base damage jump with 200% additional damage against them, built in ice attack so you aren't gimped by your weapon choices. Also if that doesn't sound like a lot of loving damage against dragons he gets a passive that further boosts jump damage (which isn't cap like other % damage increases) AND gets an additional 100% damage from new killers when wielding swords/lances/greatswords. AND his super TM is a 173 attack spear with 75% dragon killer. gently caress DRAGONS

Sounds ok. I'm halfway there!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Half-price: Golbez

WHOOPS: Kefka

4* EX: Nine

5* EX: Ayaka #1.

That'll do, Gumi. That'll do.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
He's kind of like Wilhelm, he's a tank but with magic counterattack's, IIRC.

Not like I'll ever draw him.

Any word on the Fountain of Lapis coming back? I got my last squirt this morning.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I didn't see any Fountain of Lapis in the shop, which is a real bummer.

Got Kryla on the half-price. She seems nice, like the anti-Marie. Stronger than 9S. No Turkish Delights skill though.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Kayla's regular attack animation is the same as that one dude who smugly seasons with salt in all the memes.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Cobalt60 posted:

Regarding the holiday event... what are these Stars we got alongside the candy canes used for??

suuma posted:

They're for crafting the uh .. materia from the event. I'm too lazy to go look up the name.

It's 10% hp and 50% resists to several statuses

Joyful Spirit, if you have two they go great on Kryla, who only has 100% resistance to disease and poison. Joyful Spirit gives 10% HP and 50% resistance to sleep, paralysis, confusion and stone. That leaves blind, and who cares about that on a caster, and silence, which doesn't affect Kryla since she only has abilities, not magic.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I've said it before but I wish King's Knight was less grindy.

I hope I get a Barusa, he looks like a pretty good tank. I'm not whaling for loving RayJack.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

HGH posted:

Someone pointed out that the King's Knight 4* dragon TM has the potential to shore up a ton of support units. It's 30% DEF + a 3 turn damage mitigation ability. Knwoing Gumi though it'll be 10% or something.

I made 5 of those Joyful Spirit materias, 1 for Wilhelm and the rest for other units. Not sure if I should make more, they took a lot of resources.

Yeah, Barusa is definitely one to shoot for. He's a 4*, so it's not an impossible task.

I made two Joyful Spirits for Kryla, there's just not enough time to get enough candy canes to make more, I got the Growth Egg and Snow Gown and the story stuff, and ran the Enchanted Maze to get her and Ayaka up to snuff.

Kryla is good. She's a stronger 9S with more offensive options. Let me tell you why.

She has Analyze + Mirage in one move, 20% MAG and PHYS Evade, and 30% Camoflage.

She has four 50% single target single stat breaks. You can break the stats you want to/can break, and it generates LB crystals for her too.

She has three double elemental SPR-scaling 300% 1-hit finisher skills (fire/ice, lighting/water, earth/wind) which also imperil the elemental damage those skills cause.

Both the breaks and the imperiling finishers are "Jinx" skills, and she can dualcast jinx skills in any combination with her Witchcraft skill. Very versatile!

She uses SPR as her damage scaling stat, so building her for defense raises her offense nicely.

She has a skill called Nullifying Chant, which removes all status effects from everyone. This is great for bosses's thresholds, and preemptive strike buffs. Situationally very useful.

She gets Unblockable Super Poison in the form of her two Hex skills, Hex Eye and Wicked Eye. Wicked Eye is a more powerful version of Hex Eye, and is unlocked by her otherwise mediocre limit break (it's like Ling's Dance Of Death.) It works like this: for every status effect an enemy has, they will take 10,000 FIXED damage, per turn, for three turns, freeing Kryla up for other tasks.

For instance, if someone else casts Imperil, Hex Eye will deal 80k fixed damage each turn for the next three turns. Wicked Eye will do 160k fixed damage a turn for three turns. This isn't her MAIN way of doing damage, her finisher skills are more consistent, and she's primarily a debuffer anyway, but it can come in handy against bosses with high DEF/SPR, and as she's a great part of a turtle strategy along with a good mana battery, tank, buffer and healer.

If you have two Joyful Spirits it covers her status weaknesses quite nicely. And you really want to give her a Vestment Of Mind or Parade Gorget or other sources of MP Refresh, because she can eat another character like A2 for an elixir-like effect, but you may bit have a good source of ReRaise like Rem or Ayaka.

Her TM is a better Memories Of Life (25% to all elements) with 15% SPR and one LB Crystal a turn.

Once I get her fully leveled I will put her up for people to experiment with, feedback is appreciated. I don't have many SPR TMs, I'm still working on those Letters And Arms for Trance Terra.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Office Thug posted:

The raid announcement showed that trust moogles would be handed out by the raid gatcha, so you should be able to get the TMRs of whatever units you manage to pull. However, those TMRs are not game-breaking by any means. I'll do my daily pull on the banner but that's about it. Not gonna bother spending any tickets on it.

Edit: Looking closer at the units themselves, they are mostly trash... Except for the dinosaur. You really, really want that loving dinosaur. He's potentially the iNichol of this banner.

Why the Dinosaur?

His move set gives you one very important thing: a Single Target 25% MAGIC Damage Reduction buff. That specificity on MAGIC damage means that, much like Physical Damage Reduction buffs, it will almost certainly stack with a general Damage Reduction buff. At 25% it can make a difference between Mystea eating total poo poo on a bad turn with Marlboro or just barely scraping out alive. And it also increases that unit's SPR by 80%, in case you need that. It lasts 3 turns too... there's literally nothing wrong with this ability. Barusa also comes with a Physical version of this move, but there are much better sources of physical damage mitigation (see Pod).

Along with those two special abilities, Barusa can work as a Provoke tank, which is what you need for pairing a physical tank with Mystea, or as a Cover tank in a pinch. He also gets a DEF scaling chaining move which is super loving interesting, and although that move's modifier is low, it's 7 hits so in his off turn he might be able to help chain and add a bit of extra DPS, depending on the frames. But honestly, his rotation will probably be ST Magic Damage Reduction on Mystea -> Self 100% All Status Immunity Buff -> Self 100% Provoke with 20% DR, in whatever order is most appropriate.

The other units are either mildly useful or trash, probably the latter.

Ray Jack is a light elemental unit, but none of his attacks have DR/DP frames to chain with Orlandeau and friends afaik. Most of his attacks are either 1 hit or 6 hits. The interesting thing is that he has a passive ST cover, and can counter physical with a small static 10% HP + 5% MP party heal (20% chance, only once per turn), so you could make a point of turning him into a minor troll unit for Arena I guess. His LB is cool though, if a bit limited: It imbues the party with Light elemental for 1 turn.

Kaliva is this weird hybrid healer/MAG unit. He gains access to a triple-cast ability for one turn after using his primary heal/dps move, but all his moves have abysmal scaling and hit count. Like, actually dogshit scaling/hits. So you won't be seeing much from him.

Toby is basically worthless except he gets 30% evade passively (the only 3* base to have that) so you could make a case for using him as a 100% evade tank to pair up with iNichol in a pinch. And his LB gives the team 2 Evade Stacks, which is another very rare and potentially exploitable thing. The kicker? His LB costs only 12 crysts in 4*, so you can potentially give him a 12 LB-per-turn build to give the party two guaranteed missed physical hits.

Yeah, I said Barusa was the one to shoot for, but your breakdown is very informative! :)

These characters are all pretty much what they are in the King's Knight mobile game. There are five classes IIRC.

RayJack is a Warrior character so he does his elemental damage.

Barusa is a Tank/Monster character and their thing is those little floaty orb shields and big impenetrable domes.

Kaliva is a Mage, and they handle ALL the magic, they're the only healers and also the long range attackers.

Toby is a Thief, and he totally sucks in that game too. Their thing is Evasion?

Not used in this crossover: Monks. When King's Knight came out the first event character was a lady dwarf monk and she's the only character I could get to 5* because event drops aren't as rare as campaign drops. Monks are good, they have short range, quick, powerful attacks.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Two hour emergency update good job Gumi

I sense great negativity in you.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Cobalt60 posted:

Forgot there was a 4* ticket on this trash event.

Farmed today to get it.

Got it, immediately dropped in on Christine's banner.

Starts blue -> Gold -> RAInnnn boowwwwww

... Kryla #2. WTF even is her deal

She's 9S on steroids. Instead of the damage mitigation, she can dualcast any combination of her ST 50% breaks and SPR-scaling magic finishing moves which also imperil the elements they deal damage with. Built for SPR, she can be a decently offensive debuffer. She also can inflict Hex, which is a Super Poison.

Hex deals 10k fixed damage damage a turn for three turns for every negative status effect an opponent has. The version unlocked by her limit break does 20k instead of 10k. Bosses are not invulnerable to Imperilga, that's a cool 80k/160k a turn in addition to whatever else you're getting up to. Good for high SPR/DEF bosses.

She can also nullify a boss's threshold or ambush buff/debuff, which has admittedly very limited uses but can neuter some bosses like the Dark Espers, for one.

Don't level her limit break, it's only real use is the improved Hex move, it's Ling's Dance Of Death otherwise.

About the King's Knight units:

Barusa and Toby have their rarity switched, in JP Toby is 4-6 and Barusa is 3-5. But, seriously, gently caress Toby.

Kaliva has a different moveset than the JP version, he looks like he can triple cast both his healing abilities (not-Curaga, not-Hi-Regen, not-Revive) and his damage (what looks like Waterja and Blizzaja) moves... he's basically a Red Mage like Rem. Probably better at healing than her.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Ugato posted:

:toot: :toot: :toot:

But yeah I seriously need a metric ton of t1-t4 crysts. I have several units that I’m just never even going to touch and I’m still short on almost every type.

:same:

PaybackJack posted:

I'm ok on T4-T5s despite enhancing people left and right, but T1-T3 stocks are pretty much nil. On the bright side the only characters I'm needing to get the enhancements for are Darklord and OK. Tidus I'll hold off on enhancing until I pull a 2nd one.

Here's a question. I've got two Dark Knight Cecil's. Should I enhance both of them assuming I can ever get the crysts? I fully intend to get his 7*, and I also don't ever se myself using two of him.

Is there any way not enhancing/leveling my 7* fodder will bite me in the butt?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jan 5, 2018

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

rabidsquid posted:

evoking an esper is easy, all you have to do is use Marie to keep a Garnet with Prodigy's Goggles alive :v:

Evoking an Esper is easy, all you have to do is have Marie, Tillith or Ayaka keep your DPS alive long enough to generate the Esper crystals with autoattacks.

Cobalt60 posted:

Thanks for this and to others who replied. Sounds like I should be happy about Roy, but it'll be tough getting over my sunk-cost fallacy with Soleil.

I don't have a Roy, so I don't regret Soleil's expense at all. Just need more crysts...

Cobalt60 posted:

Seven stars are not coming to Global at all, according to prediction

Cobalt60 posted:

my prediction

lol

jetz0r posted:

I wouldn't bother enhancing either, maybe once 7* comes out you can enhance the one you want to promote. If you actually want to use one, and it really makes sense to have in your teams, you can do for one right now. But I maxed one out after his enhancements came out, and the only action he's seen is on expeditions.

Mostly I was asking how enhancements affect 7* units... it's too soon to weigh the bench down with the Gil and crysts in his pockets.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
This is a double post, but it's about Kong's Knight and I felt my previous post was going on too long with the replies.

They're doing a FFBE event in Kong's Knight right now, you can get Rain (a Warrior,) his Crimson Saber and Insignia, Fina (a Wizard) and her Reincarnation... bowstaff(?) and Insignia, and Nichol (a Gigant, or "Tank," as Gigants class ability is popping shields) his Libro Tactica, and Buckle. And a Lasswel's Insignia, and Lid's Chocobuddy.

I erased my game (there's a password account recovery option I neglected to use when I deleted my game months ago) so I had to start over.

They give you enough premium currency to do do two 11-pulls after about five minutes of tutorial (mostly loading screens) and now I have 7 (nearly two full crews) 4-star characters. You can only promote a character once, so it's basically the equivalent if a starting team of 5* units in this game.

The gameplay is pretty much an updated King's Knight, check it out on YouTube or something.

There are no energy orbs or anything like that. You can play till your eyeballs fall out, but you may hit some roadblocks if you didn't get a full crew of 4* units to start. Each day has a different grinding dungeon for different elemental orbs.

Just... putting it all out there.

It's got actual multiplayer in it. Noctis and his crew seem to like it, but they may Be contractually obligated to.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Gumi is taking suggestions on social media for the next couple of days, now is the time to tell them you want the Fountain Of Lapis to be a permanent thing or individual team loadouts or whatever.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Aw man, if you start social media now they're just gonna think you're a Russian bot!

There's a Facebook thread where they are asking for submissions, for one.

Shaly said on Twitter that comments on the YouTube videos are also passed along to and answered by the producers.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Random question: have Y'shtola or Kelsus gotten a 7* form yet in Japan? They are 5* base units...

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Frosted Flames Trashwell

Another banner to not roll in unless you want CG Lass 7* in a year

I would like one day to see a development that made you happy, man. Just a little one, that you could savor for a day or so.

Office Thug posted:

I did a math thing and crunched numbers for how bad farming ~11 x T4 power crysts will be via either the Chamber of Gems or the next best T4/NRG Story Event route. Here's what I got in case anyone's interested.

Here are the specific color T4 per NRG ratios for using # Xons + Raven Cape (Cape = 2 Xons, everyone should get it asap). I'm using the previous story event "Fate of the Dragoon" as reference: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/7hr0s4/se6_fate_of_the_dragoon_loot/

The 90 NRG route ~ Best spot if you cn handle it with enough Xons
5 Xons + Cape --> one T4 every 344 NRG
4 Xons + Cape --> one T4 every 346 NRG
3 Xons + Cape --> one T4 every 396 NRG
2 Xons + Cape --> one T4 every 692 NRG

* Those jumps are because the base chance of the primary T4 drop is 25% (there is a secondary drop too but it's basically "gently caress you" odds of rolling). With 4 Xons and a cape, you can get that primary T4 drop to 100% and after that having more Xons is basically pointless since they only boost the secondary T4 drop chance. But, if you have less than that, the loss is pretty dramatic, as seen, due to how significant a base 25% chance of drop is when it comes to buffs.

The 75 NRG Route
5 Xons + Cape --> one T4 every 417 NRG
4 Xons + Cape --> one T4 every 469 NRG
3 Xons + Cape --> one T4 every 536 NRG

The 85 NRG route has the exact same T4 drop chance as the 75 NRG route, so it's just plain worse.

For reference, here's what you get from the Chamber of Gems according to this very thorough community survey which is probably accurate in every way: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yY0DuB0PrUUe6q0uNxZwE1MluM9jx4waJlvtavR-Vzk/edit#gid=2110432825

Xon/Cape + Locke/Pod -> one T4 every 563 NRG

So, if you can farm the next Story Event 90 NRG route with at least 3 Xons + two murder units, definitely go for it. If you have a really good murder unit, shoot for 4 Xons. Get the loving Cape also, that's literally worth 2 Xons and none of this really works out that well without the cape.

Edit: Oh, and take all of this with a grain of salt. The drop mechanics in this weird obtuse game are far from understood and not everything works the same way ~ locke/pod don't work at all for T1-2 crysts in Story Events, but do in the Chamber, but multiple Lockes/Pods don't stack and neither do multiple Xons/Capes in the Chamber. This is still basically voodoo poo poo right now.

Good stuff, thank you! My current roadblocks are alcrysts abd heavicrysts, though.

This new banner has LadyFohlen and LadyIlias, neat!

I drew a Lasswell! ...In King's Knight. Was hoping for a Lid (who is a monk in that game) but he's still a pretty powerful character there. I got to Tolfidan in the pretty easy collaboration story mode, and he creamed my team... King's Knight is a Bullet Hell RPG and I could only survive a couple of direct hits with my team of 4* characters I haven't been able to promote (Awaken) yet. (I know how to, it requires grinding the daily elemental dungeon for drops that correspond to the character's innate element that I'm trying to promote.) The premium currency is handed out freely enough so that I've been able to get 2 10+1 character pulls, a 10+1 weapon pull, and complete the Lid/Lasswell step-up banner they have going on now with my in-game rewards so far.

Meanwhile, the FFBE TMR Factory chugs away...

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I'm warning people not to roll on poo poo banners which I think is pretty good advice.

I'm ok with the game, I'm not actually that bitter about it. Remember, I'm the one that was actually defending 7* and calling you all idiots for over reacting and surprise surprise, I was right.

Fair.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

rabidsquid posted:

my arena team is 3xAshe/WKN/Ayaka, i win every arena fight in either the first round or the second round. i mean how anyone checks the game frequently enough to be doing 100 arena fights per week.

Well you can't really TMR farm and do it at the same time, that's for sure.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Echophonic posted:

Wish I hadn't been slacking on the raid, pulled Ray Jack on my half pull and Barusa on a 4* ticket. Oh well, neither really have critical TMRs.

I pulled Barusa today on my half price, and his TMR is actually pretty good if you didn't get a 9S.

Party-wide damage mitigation is always good.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

dangerous.hotdog posted:

What's up with this game's obsession of making hats into accessories?

https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Ice_Headband

It's so you can kick it, like a karate guy. Kiai!

Now I'm in three cowboy hats.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

G-G-Global is a different game, and

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Is there an up-to-date chaining database or something somewhere one can consult?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

PDQ Law posted:

I assume you want a big list to look at, and not the macro-creating website?
The reddit list seems to be updated frequently: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/chokmdchains

Thank you, bookmarked!

Reberta's Mystic Thrust and Kaede's Halberd Dance chain perfectly. Kaede also has Samurai Princess' Order, which has a longer windup.

More 10-chainers are always good!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Office Thug posted:

I finished the Story Event and it was a great run-through for several reasons but I'm not sure if it's going to be all that farmable with a 3-4 Xon party if you want Power/Tech T4s.

Notable things:
- Each stage has a 50 Lapis mission. Along with clear bonuses, the total Lapis from the story event adds up to 3500. That's just fantastic!
- By the end of the story event, you will actually have TWO of each T5 cryst, along with two of each T4 (just from missions, not loot).
- None of the bosses are really all that bad. The final 90 NRG boss is an all-physical type that doesn't hit all that hard if you break his ATK.

Farming things:
- For Power / Tech T4s, your best farm spot is the final 90 NRG route "The Thespian and the Warrior"
- The boss of that encounter has 2 mil HP, is Human, and cannot be DEF/SPR broken: https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Ettin
- The boss buffs himself every turn. So it might be possible to have Xon steal his buffs to neutralize his damage?

I'll wait until someone datamines the loot statistics before I make any conclusions about how worthwhile this is to farm. It is definitely worth going through once for all the goodies you get though.

My current bottleneck is T1 and T3 crysts For Soleil (I have two of her dances maxed out, and everything else at +1,) one of my Orlandeus (need the second level of Black Lion Crest,) WoL (Brave Presence is at +2 and the other lady at +1,) and Ramza, I seem to have plenty of T4 and T5 crysts from doing each story event and buying the ones I'm getting low on from King Mog, and I have a disgusting glut of T2 crysts from the daily shop bundles.

I wish they would put T1 and T3 crysts up for sale as a daily thing too, since T4 and T5 are meant to be the power roadblocks.

Anyway... if I wanted T4 and T5 as a bonus to the other three kinds, farming the story is still a great idea, I assume?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Would Xon or Locke with both a Pod and Cape work?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Kheldarn posted:

Ya know, I was thinking, "What character could they add to FFBE that would probably make me whale out?", and only one comes to mind... :human being:

Quit your crying.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
If you put a Black Belt on a tank like WoL he will generate a lot of LB crysts, tank the hits, and mostly heal himself afterwards.

I haven't attempted Sheritan since before I got my Ayaka and Mystea, so it's been a while but Black Belt + WoL is a winning combination in my book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Ogha seems really fun. Provoking, all kinds of weird random counterattacks and buffs/debuffs for both magic and physical... just gotta make sure he has the HP to tank it all.

Sure, he's no Demon Rain, but is Demon Rain metal? Does Demon Rain headbang for his limit break?

No. No, Demon Rain does not.

• Locked thread