Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

I have a holy 3x demon slayer OK up, and plenty of open friend slots.
502 835 577

Office Thug posted:

Problem is finding chaining partners. Onion Bro is already in a weird spot with his frames and chain count, and 2B who fills the lightning FD role is in the same spot. I don't have duplicates of either of those two unfortunately.

Get lots of high end OK friend on your list, hunt them down on reddit or the in-game friend search if you have to.

He does chain decently with Orlandu, too. Especially if you're being lazy during a raid and jamming on repeat. A 1k TGcid works out better for me than an 1100 elemental OK in those situations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

I got a Cloud last night from my 5* ticket, But no marshall gloves. So I'll be sticking with my DW OK, instead of experimenting with dice.

And if I had the full TDH setup, it'd be on a Randi anyways.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

fullTimeLurker posted:

all you OK havers. Is the LB on him worth leveling? It's just an average break right?

Depends on the other LBs you'd need to level. There are some others I'd rate above OK, but I don't regret maxing the LB on mine. In addition to being a very good -def break, and decent atk buff, it's also a 8x attack that takes no mana. Most of my bahamut expedition fights were based on alternating LBs on my OK and the friend OK.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

dangerous.hotdog posted:

edit 2 - Login looks stable now.

lmao, for about 3 minutes at a time.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Here's a question. I've got two Dark Knight Cecil's. Should I enhance both of them assuming I can ever get the crysts? I fully intend to get his 7*, and I also don't ever se myself using two of him.

Is there any way not enhancing/leveling my 7* fodder will bite me in the butt?

I wouldn't bother enhancing either, maybe once 7* comes out you can enhance the one you want to promote. If you actually want to use one, and it really makes sense to have in your teams, you can do for one right now. But I maxed one out after his enhancements came out, and the only action he's seen is on expeditions.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

I have like 5 slots open for goons. Send me a request because I'm too lazy to figure out if people are already on my list.

502 835 577

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Varance posted:

"Second pull: Guaranteed Deuce"

Perfect description.

Every pull on a Type 0 banner has been a Guaranteed Deuce.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Free summon got me a rainbow!

Technically a rainbow, I guess.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Threw my normal 10 tickets at bonus units, and got these fools.

Ok, that makes up for Lightning, I forgive you game.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

I purged some inactives from my list, and need more goonfriends!

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Bob NewSCART posted:

What about using them for enhancing my actual decent units?

Oh god no. Don't feed rare summon units for exp. You get basically nothing by burning a unit for exp or gil.

Here's what to do for the various types of units:

Friend point summon:
Save and smush the ones with Killers TMRs, HP 10%, and Camo. Once you get one of those units to 100% trust, sell them for gil. Sell the others for gil, If you have 1* and 2* cactuars laying around, you can feed them to 1* and 2* units to increase the sell value. These units are 99% trash and will never be used. Don't actually use, exp, or TM these guys.

The normal rare summons:
If the TMR is bad, and the unit is bad, smush the extra copies into one. Eventually you'll get the TMR from smushing 21 of them together

If the TMR is good, or the unit is good, save the extra copies. The extras can be used to either farm the TMR faster, or to get more copies of it.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Bob NewSCART posted:

This was my next question. It looks like I’m at 10/10, the only way to increase is by expanding with lapis ?

It also increases a bit as you rank up, 30 base at rank 20.

https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Rank_Experience_Chart

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Bob NewSCART posted:

What’s the deal with these moogles I can’t merge with anyone? They seem to only be applicable to units with the matching trust mastery on the moogle and the unit? What do I do with these if I don’t want the TMR they buff

They're unit specific moogles, and since you just started, you don't have the matching units.

The moogles from the 1k friend summon banner are all for 3* rare summon units, so keep the moogles. You'll pull the matching units soon enough.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Ugato posted:

Most of the Fryevias can two-turn kill her pretty easily. With breaks and buffs mine can do 90% in a single turn by herself. If you have any way of guaranteeing she stays alive it should be trivial.

Fry has an innate death save!

Definitely not perfect, but I remember dps race solo builds that relied on it to win the fight.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

A good in discord wanted a 3* Ifrit carry, if anyone else needs it, send me a request:

I'll switch back to Onion Knight or Sephiroth after goons are done with this one.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

I switched my friend unit to a Shiva carry.

You do need to pay attention and use Bushido - Freedom on yourself on the threshold turns (80/60/40, aka the turns she heals). Long press on Noctis, choose target, then select freedom and clear the ice debuff. Bring along a Hide unit with Ifrit,and keep hiding until the esper gauge gets filled, then summon Ifrit for the moogle achievement.

Standard damage rotation of LB, Point Blank Warp Strike, and Warp Strike for him. With some Point Warps to recover mana when you get close to 100. After the 3rd threshold, you can auto and afk if you really want to.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Just cause.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Threw my 70% bedile ticket at MS nic's banner,

If anyone needs an evade provoke tank, I have a full evade Noctis with 4 sources of manslayer as my friend unit right now.

• Locked thread