Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Is there a current way to cheese the Bahamaut fight? I missed the boat a while ago - I do have Mystea and one Draco Spike, but no Ring of the Lucii.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

Scrublord Prime posted:

Mystea can take the megaflare he uses on his first turn so you don't have to worry about a one turn KO, although that's assuming Mystea actually eats the megaflare. The general idea is to start a chain and land a dual casted Alterna from RotL in it to oneshot Bahamut. Zyrus' LB is an alternative with his dragon magic killer passives and dracospikes. Just in case I put up a T.Terra with two Dracospikes and a RotL (but no Dragon Killer+, still gotta do Bahamut myself) that should hopefully do the trick. IGN Buttz, friend code: 479,088,281
Thanks Buttz. I'm WedgieSA so I'm 99% sure we're friends already. I'll try and give it a couple of shots today if you don't mind leaving TT up for a bit.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Damnit - didn't have to time to do a million friend summons yesterday, so of course the banner is gone today!

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Yeah, sorry I meant time spent enhancing. I cleaned out god knows how many weeks of backlog in friend points earlier in the week and that took a while. Just didn't have time to summon-then-mash together the recent 100k points they just dropped on us.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Finally had a change to bang out the True Garuda fight. Wilhelm (newest 5* for me) sure can put in some work as a tank. :stare:

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Oh boy, can’t wait for the crushing disappointment of dropping 100+ tickets and a good chunk of lapis and not have a Sephiroth to show for it. I wish you could roll multiple tickets at once - that’d be a nice QOL change.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
drat I was hopeful with this new method, but for some reason it looks like chaining A2s OHC is still impossible on iOS.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

Cartoon Man posted:

Are you using one of the later phones? Reddit was saying to check you have 3D Touch enabled.
6S and 3D Touch is on. The method definitively works with other chainers, I just think that A2’s frames are just too wonky (for this method).

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Pulled a Lila after a dozen regular tickets. Guess that means a 25k gamble would perhaps not be the wisest choice right now.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
How do I get 3* Shiva to stop blowing up 3/4 of my team on turn 1? I'm obviously missing some way to mitigate the damage, but I can't seem to figure out how.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

Khisanth Magus posted:

Turn 1 and then every third turn she uses an aoe physical attack you need an phys aoe tank.
Duh that was it. Had Willhelm as the tank and it just wasn’t clicking. Swapped in WoL and it was an easy clear.

Thanks!

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
It kind of stinks that you need Noctis’ TMR to really do evasion tank stuff (iNichol aside). I‘m fairly close to a eHP BIS setup for Wilhelm/WoL, and while certainly works for most fights, there are still times I wish they could just dodge away like you see in the stories. :(

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Good set of TMRs on those FF4 characters. Thank god it wasn’t another week of Knight’s Knight (though I do have some 100% moogle for them).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Huh TIL that if you TM master during a story event, it skips the animation/special text screen.

• Locked thread