Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
So, how crucial are Warrior of Light's enhancements? I've mostly been sticking to my fully potted/LB Veritas of Earth on the rare instances I really need a tank, and I've heard a lot about how gamechanging WoL's enhancements are but they just seem kinda standard at first glance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

suuma posted:

I don't understand why they'd run two KM events at the same time, except one doesnt even have bonus units.

This. I'm pretty much done with FF7 except for trying to get another set of giancrysts, and even then I can't justify splitting my NRG between the two, let alone focusing on the lovely Christmas event rates.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

5* ticket got me Tidus. A few months late, but I'll take it, especially because I'm at about 70% of the way to an Aqua Blade just from jamming Camille's together.

Also got a bunch of friend slots open in case people need a 1074 ATK 2B for sick nasty chains since they seem to be disappearing these days.

781 070 227

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Is there a general consensus on what the best tank is outside of Wilhelm? I've switched from VoE to an almost fully ability awakened WoL, but I've still got WKN from last year kicking around on expeditions that I could enhance.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

I finally pulled Ayaka, and my team usually has Orlandu and Elza so I'm covered for healing and breaks. Might need to wait until the next Mog King event so I can get the guard giancrysts I need, but I'll start upgrading what I can on him.

RIP my gil. I had 30 million after the FFXI raid event, but between awakenings and expeditions I'm now down to <10 mil. :negative:

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

If they weren't so ludicrously loving expensive, I'd make 10 joyful spirits and load them up on my arena team.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Man am I glad I spent ~180 NRG pots getting 11 million gil from the Gil Snapper Cave.

There's literally no way I have enough crysts to fully awaken Ramza and Aileen. :saddowns:

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

rabidsquid posted:

i managed to finally grind out 100 arena matches in a week, i dont see how people do this regularly

Put together a good AoE team that hits multiple times, queue up skills, hit repeat until orbs are all spent, check back every four hours or so and do the same, basically.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

So, are we supposed to get our enhancement batch tonight or next week? I know event content cycles on Thursday nights but we usually have enhancements and awakenings right after maintenance. I was kinda hoping to blow all my support crysts on Ramza while the raid event was still going.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

So now that Ramza's enhancements are finally, finally out, how exactly are you supposed to build him? Max SPR for his HP and MP regen, and then just as much HP and DEF as I can stack on him for survivability?

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Am I right in assuming that there's really no good reason to enhance Ramza's ATK/MAG debuffs? If he's the mirror of Delita than 65% is pretty significant, but I've got others who can still get away with 45-50%, plus Ramza should really be spending all of his time singing anyway.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

10 tickets, a 4* ticket and all I got was one Larsa.

This is going to be a long, slow event. :smith:

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Tengames posted:

its not even worth guessing because there's Chinese New Year and Valentines Day and who knows what global exclusive junk they'll make for it.

Yun/Ling/Xiao enhancements? Another shot at Yun would be cool, and I'm kinda curious to think what they could do with enhancements for Ling to make her useful again.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Khisanth Magus posted:

I never actually got the message in game for it.

Same here. Went into orbs and energy full.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

suuma posted:

You can probably power creep dps through Echidna these days without even bothering with a strat

That's pretty much what I did, but surprisingly I still needed a strategy and lots of defense buffs from Marie to get through Ultros and Chupon.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

I honestly can't tell if the Kanshou and Bakuya fight is poorly designed, or if they're just assholes. I used both of their special skills on the same turn, one-shotted Bakuya but Kanshou only dropped to around 45%. Whittled him down to 41% after 10 more turns and finally just quit since there was literally no good way to damage him with the other dragon gone.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

10+1 got me Nyx. I have literally no idea how to gear/use him.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Wait, 10% moogles pop up from the raid coin summons? In that case I'll actually have to spend all of these instead of just selling them like usual.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

So, uh, got a Roy off my daily, but I've already got a fully enhanced Ramza. From glancing over his skills it looks like he requires a lot more setup and turns to get up to speed, but he's got a pretty amazing LB. Is he really worth investing in at this point when I've already got Ramza?

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

I'm so torn between enhancing Tidus and holding out for a possible Fryevia enhancement next month. Hopefully they pull a TTerra and split her costs between different cryst types instead of just making them all cost power.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

So, is Explorer Aileen pretty much only worth a drat if you managed to pull Cloud and at least one Elfreeda for their TMs? All I currently have access to is Butz' Doublehand and Aileen's if I feed her the moogles, but going the doublehand route kinda feels like a waste if I'm not going to be breaking 1200+ instead of just giving her dual wield.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Well goddamn. Threw a 4* ticket at the Women's Day Banner when the date switched over, got my first Elfreeda. Threw another 4* ticket at the banner when I got home from work, got Loren#2. :psyduck: How hard can I dick out Randi with a Marshal Glove and Doublehand? Or are doublehand builds just really not worth messing with unless you can get two gloves and Buster Style?

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

My turn.

Blew 20 tickets, Five 4* tickets, a 10+1 ticket and a 5k pull.

Aileen #2
Zargabaath #1
Gladiolus #1
Queen #4 :shepicide:

Curiously every 4* ticket was a Wadow, and he didn't show up in any of my other pulls. I seriously hope Queen's 7* is worth a drat at this point.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Well, finally got an on banner 5*. And it's Kunshira. :geno:

She doesn't seem too bad from looking over her skills, at least. She gets a huge range of imperils and a suite of elemental resists, even though I probably won't depend on her for those over just bringing in Marie. Her LB sounds like it could potentially be devastating though. 18x Hybrid damage at max versus 13.2 base, so I'm gonna have to level that. Course I'm completely and utterly tapped out on LB pots because I keep pulling characters that are actually worth leveling.

Is there any consensus on whether or not Kunshira will synergize well with Fryevia? I'm half tempted to try and make a hybrid team of Fryevia, Kunshira, Noctis and support/healers.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Well, my friends list is lazy with month+inactives now, so it must be time to post up my code again.

781 070 227

Currently I've got a 1083 MAG T.Terra up, but I usually roll 1100+ ATK 2B or Orlandu. I can gear up a 100% evade Noctis or Lightning for trials when people need them, too.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Cartoon Man posted:

Goes away tonight at server reset, don’t miss out on all the free gungnirs and equip H. shields...

Speaking of this, do I have terrible luck, or are the moogles in the pool only for 3* units? I have a couple units at 90%+ that I held off on enhancing in case I got a moogle for them, but I haven't gotten a single one for 4* and 5* units. I can see them not giving them away for time limited units, but dammit I wanted to finish up my Marshall Glove. :argh:

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

I've been curious about this for awhile; since 7* units have STMRs, does that mean that their normal TMRs pretty much just vanish when you combine them? Like, I have 4 Queens, and while Wisdom isn't the best TM in the world at this point, it would still feel like a huge waste for them to just disappear before I get them all to 100%.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

fullTimeLurker posted:

If you have a Christine, you can two turn the Machine of Destruction by chaining with another Christine. Other than that there are no “cheats” to make it easy.

No Christine here, but would it be possible to one shot Aigaion with two TTerras after magical activation with a -60% SPR break? I've got e.WKN and I'm currently leveling Wilhelm's LB along with Ayaka and Illusionist Nichol, so I should possibly be able to sandbag him long enough to set up everyone to blow through him all at once.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Got a Beatrix today fishing for a Lulu or two.

I mean, I'll take it, but it's always so weird when you get an off-banner rainbow.

I threw 10 tickets at the banner hoping to get a couple bonus units since I've been jamming together all my Wakkas. Gold crystal came down, shattered, reformed to rainbow, and.....Dark Fina?

How hard did I just get boned? :smith:

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Where's everyone finding information on Fryevia's enhancements? I was expecting them to come out this morning, but I still can't enhance her ingame and the wiki still doesn't have any information on her yet.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, seems like all the Duelist Pose enhancement really does is make it so that she gets the same ATK/MAG bonuses whether she's single or dual wielding, which is actually kinda cool because I would take the numerical hit to have her dual wield before.

Is there really any reason to enhance Second Intention? It's not all that much stronger than enhanced FFB, and you miss out on the chaining frames, too. Honestly I've had Fryevia since the Easter banner last year and I don't think I've ever actually used that attack.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Nope, Orlandu's DR has the same frames regardless of upgrades. Agrias's DR at +2 has the same frames as Orlandu's, and so does Fryevia's FFB at +2 (maybe +1? Gonna want to make it +2 anyway.)

So if you're doing a 10 man trial, you can perfect chain with Orlandu, Dark Veritas, enhanced Agrias and enhanced Fryevia.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

I don't have him myself, but I'm 95% sure it's Dark Punishment at 6* 100. The animation for it is basically an inverse DR with dark orbs flying up from the bottom of the screen.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

HGH posted:

He also gets one of the worst Super TMs of the bunch, to the tune of "Start fights with an 80% Atk buff but lose 1000HP every turn".

Wow, someone at Gumi must REALLY hate Delita cause that's a completely unredeemable skill.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

What exactly is required for a LGD carry this time? 100 phys evade and 100% fire resist? I've skipped out and just farmed ELT for every MK event since FFXII, but I'm going to need to play catchup here since my weekend's energy is gonna be spent all on Gil Snapper Caves.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

I've pulled a Reberta since the Bahamut raid, so that will actually be really nice to finally get her TMR. Besides that, this will be strictly for selling coins cause gently caress everything else.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Just a friendly PSA: Don't be stupid like me and save up 600k+ raid coins to spend all at once. I turned in all of my Garuda coins and spent about the last 5 hours fusing units and using cactuars on characters I'll never use just to get my unit count low enough to actually play. :smith:

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

I was doing the fusing off and on while watching movies, and I had 2500 units to sift through. The gil snappers accounted for maybe 300 of that, and they were the easy part.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

While it's bullshit that they nerfed our stepup compared to Japan's, I'm still gonna do a full lap here. I completely missed out on Mystea and Basch, so I've been starving for a magic tank.

Couple questions though; I know Sephiroth's supposed to be really versatile when it comes to chaining, but who all does he work with out of the box? Will I finally have a good excuse to start using 2B again, or is just relegated to collecting dust since everyone's using Orlandu/Fryevia now? Also, is Lila worth a drat, or is she just lovely compensation unit I have to look forward to after spending 25k lapis? :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Well drat, gently caress the step up banner cause I got Sephiroth within 5 4* tickets :woop: So like, I know Masamune gives doublehand, but is it better to build him him for that or dual wield seeing as all else I've got at are Tomb Raider materia and one Marshall Glove?

• Locked thread