Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
So Stage 7's reward is a 5% Trust Moogle? :stare:

I can put in a lot less effort and get a 10% from a King Mog event in a day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Tall Tale Teller posted:

I can't wait to get my guaranteed Sazh, Bedile, Krile or Type-0 unit!

hell, same

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

I finally got a rainbow in a 10+1!

A third Ring of the Lucil is always great!

The other 10, though, woof. That is a dire bunch of units.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Wanted to make one last Hail Mary 11 pull. Crystal came down blue->gold and it was William.

However the fourth crystal was a rainbow!

Hell, same.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

3* - Celes
4* - Ilias
5* - Loren #2

Could have been worse!

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

I was doing good with Christmas themed pulls on today's banner!

Daily draw was a friendly unit riding a big giant robot spreading joy to all the good little boys and girls (it was Grace)

Used the 4* ticket and got a jolly old man with a big bushy beard (it was Gaffgarion)

Gingerbread man was an rear end in a top hat and a loser in the first place. Took me a couple of tries but I got him and got a ticket.

Ticket went blue -> gold -> rainbow and out came a unit wearing barely any red. Christmas Lightning!

Merry Christmas, but I think I'll skip this banner this year.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

all this wait for nothing

three type-0s lmao what did I ever do to you Gumi

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

My last three pulls on the King's Knight banner have been FF6 characters(Gau, Leo, Gau).

This is now officially the FF6 event.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

WebDO posted:

This but Type 0, like every event pull is

I agree! However I haven't actually had a type-0 unit pulled so far on this banner somehow.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Man, my on banner drop rates recently have been something else :stare:

I'm 0/5 on this banner and I think out of my last 40-50 pulls I've only gotten 5 on banner units.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

I got up to 6,250 lapis, did a daily draw. gently caress off and die, Sice.

Still haven't had an on banner pull in this banner and I've had the worst run I think anyone may have ever had for on banner pulls since the Christmas banner.

EDIT: I think I'm done with event banners/daily draws and will just stick to pulling on the Rare Summon banner.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jan 14, 2018

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Tengames posted:

if youre hunting for dupe 5* then the generic rare banner is propably the best option.
that said we don't know what global exclusives we'll get in the next few months, so might as well save tickets after king's knight is done.

I do save tickets for KM events as I like to get enough bonus units to get what I plan to get as soon as possible, so I'll hold onto at least a few tickets. It's just so depressing lately with the rate of pulling actual on banner units. I think I only got maybe one Gilbert in the entire Christmas event.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Oh yeah I didn’t post this yesterday because I forgot but I went against my better judgement and did a daily pull instead of saving lapis

I finally got an on banner unit

Lassworm!

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

This was the 11 pull I had this morning:

Despite me being bad at pulling on banner units, a daily and 10 tickets actually got me a couple Draces and Larsas. My last ticket got me this:

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

AegisP posted:

Free Summon: Trance Terra
Daily: Yan #5 (please stop)
Expedition Ticket: Basch

Listen, I was just complaining about 60+ pulls with no rainbow less than 2 days ago game, you don't need to go overboard in the other direction before CG Fina shows up.

Jeez, and all I ever get in free summons is very bottom of the barrel units except for this morning, where I pulled a Miyuki. I think she may have been the best free summon I’ve had so far that wasn’t on a 10+1, not like those have been great either :smith:

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

That screenshot is amazing, due to the fact that Sice was a new pull for you somehow!

I finally got a rainbow on my 10+1

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Ugato posted:

Nah it’s just all the units I’ve recently received. None of those are even non-dupes for what I have in my unit list already. I hit next instead of share, so that’s just the unit list. The flashing “New” is different there

Ah, that makes sense, then.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Freebie and daily pull was meh.

10+ got me:

Cor and Zyrus have cool TMs, too. maybe my luck with 10+1 is turning around? Maybe?

I usually try for three bonus units in these kinds of events. I started with a 4* ticket and got Steiner. Burned through a chunk of tickets, #1 and #2 weren’t bonus units. #3 went blue->gold->rainbow.

However, I had to wait until my 10th ticket to pull a third dang bonus unit, which was Black Waltz. I even had multiple golds that didn’t give me a second Steiner! What gives!

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Just freed up three slots, so if anyone wants a serviceable Beatrix for this event, here ya go:

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Logged back in, no compensation womp womp wwwoooommmpppppp

Not even energy pots.

EDIT: they made a tweet

https://twitter.com/ffbe_en/status/972128265048506368?s=21

maybe we get the energy pots later today

Armitage fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Mar 9, 2018

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Yeah I use Amelia with Demon Horn(hush, I like using her as a chainer), and OK with Ifrit and the raid boss is really easy.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

I used a regular ticket for the heck of it on the tomb raider banner, and out of a gold->rainbow crystal came this:

I will accept this as compensation.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

The new boss fight is so bad lmao

E: beat it but there was quite a bit of RNG crap involved. Rounds where he used Spitfire weren’t bad. I had to hope he didn’t spam Venom Spit.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Mar 16, 2018

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Tossed a decent number of tickets and some lapis, not a ton of luck to be honest until my last ticket went from gold to rainbow.

Not a bad miss at all!

One of my 10+1s had a rainbow too. It was only Luneth though.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Daily rainbow yesterday got me Loren #3, and 10+1 got me Loren #4. At least I have four Awesome Swordsman TM, as well as a good 7* and a decent STMR?

what’s up with all the Heltiches lately?

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

I probably got three golds out of all the 30m tickets in total, but I did get a decent number of 10% moogles.

Ludmille was one of the two crystals from the ticket today. I don’t think I noticed any Ludmille pulls, whether it’s myself or anyone else in the thread/discord for six months. Suddenly in the last month or so, there’s been a flood of her. Are single cast magic users making a comeback or something?

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

I must have thrown about 12 tickets and 2 daily pulls at this banner so far, and only pulled one Wakka and one Seymour to show for it.

What's up with the on banner pull rates lately?

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

wizard on a water slide posted:

I mean obviously Anecdotes are Meaningless, they supposedly publish the rates, etc

I swear to god on-banner rates are broken right now.

That Dyer video was pretty ridiculous. I think out of all those blues he got, maybe 15% of them were Wakka.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Skyridge posted:

I mean, Wakka's on the banner, so that seems reasonable.

Yeah but I’d think that would be kind of low for an on banner unit, no?

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

100% Leo.

Yeah I’m gonna use my petals on trust moogles.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

He’s Nameless Gunner Jake, but Jake is a name! :confused:

Man, Jake really sucks.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Is she duel wielding? Her first enhancement for Duelist Post boosts MAG if she’s only wielding one sword.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

So the boss for the story event's extra stage 2-5.. to be honest I probably made the Tomb Raider extra boss battle harder than it needed to be, but nothing is working against the boss for this event. I can't seem to OHKO him, if I leave him alive he kills everyone with flash grenade spam. I can't S/L it either to get a favorable roll in it's attacks.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Apr 23, 2018

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Scrublord Prime posted:

What does it take to solo Garuda? 100% physical evade, paralysis immunity, anything else? I don't think she actually uses Wind element attacks.

Only if he starts with a bunch of trash tank skills then at max level suddenly gains a fantastic finisher skill & DH passives.

He should chain well with Onion Knight, IMO.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

I have four slots open right now, and my friend code is 533,181,470 for those of you that don't have me yet! I have an Orlandeau up for the raid, but I sometimes decide to put up a Noctis or an OK. I'm working on a Fryevia too!

Also, most pubbie requests come from people around your rank, but I do have a request from a rank 31 with Lightning as their unit named Pamoi. Is Pamoi any of you guys? They have the generic Portugese greeting.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Oh my god

5 tickets so far: Vanille, Vivi, Ingus, Alma, Lani

This banner is broken and I’m 55000% certain you are more likely to get an actual on banner unit with the rare summon banner

Ticket #6, first Rubicante

Armitage fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Apr 27, 2018

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Okay it took seven tickets which is way too many tickets to get an on banner unit

Ticket #8 was Liquid Metal Slime, okay I think the gacha may be done pooping in my face.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Apr 27, 2018

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Thought I was gonna stop pulling after only coming away with some Shylts and Mims this morning. I threw a ticket, and got a Gau, which has taken over the mantle of “you are pulling this bad crap unit all the time no matter what even if you are sick of him” from the type-0 guys.

Rage pull got me this:

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

What’s up with the loading times tonight, this has been my game for a good chunk of the last 10 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

hagie posted:

About 1-2 times a week my game decides it needs to reinstall

It was enough to stop playing last night, this morning it appears to be fine.

I did a free pull and for the second time since the free pulls started I got a rainbow! First was Prompto, second was this guy

• Locked thread