Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42450641

Sentenced to 25 years in a mental hospital for stabbing a classmate multiple times.

It's always a good day when Something Awful gets name dropped by the BBC, it's on their US/Canada news front page at this time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

another something awful success story

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

:unsmigghh:

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
It's ok shell be able to go out on parole once she finds eight notes on where to find slender

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

If Aliens are Real and Bigfoot is Real What If SlenderMan is Real????

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
lol rekt.

actually that probably isnt even that bad a of a sentence if you convince them you need cool fun type drugs

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

yeah compared to some of the probations ive seen around here thats a slap on the wrist

Sand Dan
May 15, 2017

welcum 2 our
sick cyberpunk h e l l
congrats you guys we did it

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
we slender can!

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Serious question, is the goon who made the slenderman thing up like, wealthy from a forum post? I'm guessing he gets paid when they make movies and video games?

The_end
May 17, 2014
The only way to get psychiatric help in the united states.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I heard they also got questioned

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

Blue Raider posted:

another something awful success story

if by "success story" you mean "cleaning up after our mess", then yes. we won.

bigly.

Sand Dan
May 15, 2017

welcum 2 our
sick cyberpunk h e l l

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Serious question, is the goon who made the slenderman thing up like, wealthy from a forum post? I'm guessing he gets paid when they make movies and video games?

I read an article where he was spouting off something about Slenderman being Open Source horror or something it's pretty ridiculous. ok this is what I read I think http://www.dazeddigital.com/artsandculture/article/17715/1/slender-man-marble-hornets-origins-urban-legend "legendary Web forum"

but the Red Letter Media video where they talk about their lousy movie they made with a Slenderman type character was pretty funny

Sand Dan fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Dec 22, 2017

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I'm pretty sure he hasn't made a dime for any of that. How could he have known that doing a basic riff on MiB/Greys/the robots at the end of AI for an SA Forum goof would end up having actual monetary value and needed to be copyrighted?

He was involved with at least one movie/game project though, so he should get money from that.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

there might be royalties or pity pennies with the games that have been made using the character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

I think the slenderman original authoer claimed copyright on a bunch of things but since then I think he already sold the rights to another third party so he doesn't actually have any say over who gets to use the likeness in films/tv/books/etc.

• Locked thread