Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Okay, so super powers are pretty cool.

Like, people can do poo poo that other people can't do. It's all very impressive and, frankly, I can't get enough.

I mean, I can personally, but our culture seems to love this poo poo. So let us make up some sweet-rear end super-dudes and dudettes!

So choose a name, a power and a villian and tell us about them. If you are one of those artsy goons draw a picture.

I'll start:

So my hero is Liberty Dude! His power is shooting freedom fries from under his fingernails. I drew a picture of his arch-villain ROBO-FRENCHMAN:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Im old and gay and would appreciate a decent healing factor

somuch_gravy
Oct 25, 2014

this place is good and not bad
my guy can run super fast, his name is Skids cause sometimes he has to slam his feet down to stop on a dime and his villain is heroin. I csnt draw him cause im on mobile.
Thankss

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
I'd be Fartimus Prime and I could change into a fart cloud and ruin people's moments. My worst enemy is a match.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
my guy can march without stopping for days. he's always itchy and really irritable when he doesn't get his marching powder.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
My guy is Checkline! His power is to always pick the slowest moving checkout line at any store. He has no idea which lane is the fastest, but he can always pick the slowest!

Arch-Nemesis is Chatty-Bagger. Chatty is actually an A-OKay dude, but Checkline feels a bit sorry for him, wondering how many times a day he repeats the same banter over and over with each customer; but also holds him in disdain a bit because he has to suffer through the banter every time they meet at the the checkout line. Checkline feels a bit guilty though cause he knows it is his own super-power at the root of the problem, it just takes so loving long to checkout.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Internetjack posted:

My guy is Checkline! His power is to always pick the slowest moving checkout line at any store. He has no idea which lane is the fastest, but he can always pick the slowest!

Arch-Nemesis is Chatty-Bagger. Chatty is actually an A-OKay dude, but Checkline feels a bit sorry for him, wondering how many times a day he repeats the same banter over and over with each customer; but also holds him in disdain a bit because he has to suffer through the banter every time they meet at the the checkout line. Checkline feels a bit guilty though cause he knows it is his own super-power at the root of the problem, it just takes so loving long to checkout.

:kiss:

Very nice.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

Top Cop

Thanks, fun thread.

Gotta have a bit of back story, makes the powers and heroes better.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I would have specialized glands in my armpits that secrete French onion dip. My arch enemy would be Tortillia and Salsa Puss, who are always more popular at parties.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

I would have specialized glands in my armpits that secrete French onion dip.

:stonklol:

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

Top Cop
There's also Sunset Dan. He actually can see the "green flash" every single sunset over the ocean (weather permitting of course, wpoc). At first blush, it seems pretty useless for a power. Dan is an extraordinary person though. He's recognized his unique gift for what it is; yes, other people sometimes see the flash, but he ALWAYS sees it (wpoc). If You have seen it, you know its pretty cool. A little special glimpse of natures beauty, how fun! Dan recognizes his gift from nature, an opportunity to sincerely appreciate the deepness of its beauty, and has pursued enlightenment, sharing the lessons he learns with his fellow humans.

He mostly does this by hanging out on the beaches in southern California year-round, talking with anyone that will listen.

Arch-Nemesis: Surprisingly, its not The Man. Dan is so chill he can actually get along with and pacify The Man as needed. So many people think they are natural enemies. They are not, at all. His real nemesis isn't even mortal. It's Compu-Vibe. Compu-Vibe as we all know is a construct. At its core is always a human host, but Compu-Vibe has taken over and assumed control, sometimes spread across hundreds of hosts, sometimes concentrated in a few handful. A complete fabrication of identity; based on opinion polls, marketing research, and maximizing market penetration, the Compu-Vibe is a near perfect simulation of chill and cool, but doesn't really have a good appreciation of harmony with nature.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I think time travel would be the best power, because then I could go back and redo anything I gently caress up

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Internetjack posted:

There's also Sunset Dan. He actually can see the "green flash" every single sunset over the ocean (weather permitting of course, wpoc). At first blush, it seems pretty useless for a power. Dan is an extraordinary person though. He's recognized his unique gift for what it is; yes, other people sometimes see the flash, but he ALWAYS sees it (wpoc). If You have seen it, you know its pretty cool. A little special glimpse of natures beauty, how fun! Dan recognizes his gift from nature, an opportunity to sincerely appreciate the deepness of its beauty, and has pursued enlightenment, sharing the lessons he learns with his fellow humans.

He mostly does this by hanging out on the beaches in southern California year-round, talking with anyone that will listen.

Arch-Nemesis: Surprisingly, its not The Man. Dan is so chill he can actually get along with and pacify The Man as needed. So many people think they are natural enemies. They are not, at all. His real nemesis isn't even mortal. It's Compu-Vibe. Compu-Vibe as we all know is a construct. At its core is always a human host, but Compu-Vibe has taken over and assumed control, sometimes spread across hundreds of hosts, sometimes concentrated in a few handful. A complete fabrication of identity; based on opinion polls, marketing research, and maximizing market penetration, the Compu-Vibe is a near perfect simulation of chill and cool, but doesn't really have a good appreciation of harmony with nature.

Jesus, keep going.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I want the power to locate any object in a house. I'd make a killing finding lost things for people.

Bad Llama
Jan 2, 2007
pwnerer
i would be a dumb gay idiot. i would do dumb things gayly.

or is thst one already taken by the OP?

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Money Man. Just having lots of money.

Kinda like Batman but instead of using my money to fight injustice, I just buy yachts and poo poo.

Now that I think about it I might be a villain. Doesn't feel great.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Bad Llama posted:

i would be a dumb gay idiot. i would do dumb things gayly.

or is thst one already taken by the OP?

Yeah, but that's okay friend. I won't judge you for being a no talent rip-off artist.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Dude, I want like the super power to smoke a ball of weed that is the size of the sun.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
Crotch Sniffer

Kimble J. Talbot could not stop sniffing his balls while attempting to suck himself.

Until he did.

Now Talbot can waff the stench of another persons' snatch and immediately grow shoulder hair long enough to make wings

he is now called........

Sniffcarus!!

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

Top Cop
Hopper
Has the ability to do one cool, pretty impressive jump every day. But just one. A day. Like she even tested it, and the power resets every night at midnight, time-zone dependent. It's pretty weird. She could wait all day til 11:59 pm and do a jump then, and then do another at 12:01 am two minutes later, cause it's the next day and the power reset.

The schedule so weird and precise though, she wonders if her power is from some governmental-type agency that has a stick up its butt about time tables. Other than that, she has no idea where her jump power comes from.

Its pretty cool though, and she has done a lot with it. She can't just jump 100' or anything crazy, but with a good start, she can easily clear 20' or so, no worries. She's also trained, to do awesome spin kicks and punches while flying through the air, so that is totally rad too.

She also thinks, but isn't sure yet, that laying off the power for a bit causes a bit of a build up, enabling her to jump even further than before. One time she swears she cleared 50', and she hadn't jumped for at least three days. She went to test that idea though, trying to clear 40' after not jumping for 3 days, and she ate poo poo into the side of a cliff wall. She was okay a couple of weeks later, she wore some good gear; but lol. She says she's going to work on it. Okay!

Arch-Nemesis: gravity. haha. Seriously though, she can jump like 20-25' its cool, but no one is all pissed off crazy about it. Though if she develops the big jumps into something, she's totally the type of person to do something with it, and probably piss some people off in the process, for the right reasons. So stay tuned.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Hope Man burdens terrible disappointment for all things, but brings those around him great joy with his optimism.

Archenemy is Status Quo, who delivers slow decay through constant deflection & inaction.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

Internetjack posted:

Hopper
Has the ability to do one cool, pretty impressive jump every day. But just one. A day. Like she even tested it, and the power resets every night at midnight, time-zone dependent. It's pretty weird. She could wait all day til 11:59 pm and do a jump then, and then do another at 12:01 am two minutes later, cause it's the next day and the power reset.

The schedule so weird and precise though, she wonders if her power is from some governmental-type agency that has a stick up its butt about time tables. Other than that, she has no idea where her jump power comes from.

Its pretty cool though, and she has done a lot with it. She can't just jump 100' or anything crazy, but with a good start, she can easily clear 20' or so, no worries. She's also trained, to do awesome spin kicks and punches while flying through the air, so that is totally rad too.

She also thinks, but isn't sure yet, that laying off the power for a bit causes a bit of a build up, enabling her to jump even further than before. One time she swears she cleared 50', and she hadn't jumped for at least three days. She went to test that idea though, trying to clear 40' after not jumping for 3 days, and she ate poo poo into the side of a cliff wall. She was okay a couple of weeks later, she wore some good gear; but lol. She says she's going to work on it. Okay!

Arch-Nemesis: gravity. haha. Seriously though, she can jump like 20-25' its cool, but no one is all pissed off crazy about it. Though if she develops the big jumps into something, she's totally the type of person to do something with it, and probably piss some people off in the process, for the right reasons. So stay tuned.

original character do not steal

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

Top Cop

myDad posted:

Hope Man burdens terrible disappointment for all things, but brings those around him great joy with his optimism.

Archenemy is Status Quo, who delivers slow decay through constant deflection & inaction.

Dang, that is pretty deep!

Edit: share some back-story!

Internetjack fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Dec 22, 2017

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

Top Cop

Zippy the Bummer posted:

original character do not steal

I enjoyed the new Wonder Woman movie. :)

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Incidental Road Wear Man!

Evil-doers beware. This hero has the power to create patches of rust on the bottom of your car's chassis! His greatest villain?

REGULAR MAINTENANCE!

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
Sadly by issue 38 Fartimus Prime dies from a phalanx of renuzits. But is later reborn as Shittyass Sigma who can do literally nothing. It's like the juxtaposed exploration of egos I'm already in talks for movie rights

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Shoulderwheels has the power of two huge truck wheels attached to his shoulders. Each wheel is capable of over 400 horsepower.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i wasn't sure of a single member of the xmen was an xmen or xman for the probation reason

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Jose posted:

i wasn't sure of a single member of the xmen was an xmen or xman for the probation reason

Lol

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
Sometimes I poop and skip wiping cuzco I'm lazy. No one at work notices and I've even been complimented on my oder.

It's a power I suppose

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Pogsman is the single greatest pog player you will ever see. It seems downright supernatural, because it is. He got one free wish from a Wizard back in the 90s and he decided on one that would make him the coolest kid in school. It did not work.

His arch-nemesis is the Wizard Who Granted That Wish, and Pogsman has spent over a decade learning the truth about real magic and training to kill those who use it to perform such cruel tricks on mortals. It's not really a fair match-up. The Wizard is actually the well-meaning, comically befuddled sort, so he is almost completely helpless against Pogsman's extensive anti-magic wards and rune-carved bullets. He's on the run, trying to escape the madman who has killed his way through so many of his friends and colleagues, but Pogsman is relentless.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Greatbow is the greatest archer in the world. If he had to, he could shoot down a bird in flight from the other side of a football field. If the arrow can fly that far, he'll hit his target dead on, first time, every time, whether it's moving or not.

But he has absolutely no idea, and his bow skills don't translate to anything else. He has never really tested his skill with a bow. Why would he? He did shoot a bow at a Ren Faire once, and he got a bullseye, but he really didn't think much of it at the time, or since. I mean, who even cares about bows these days???? Not that it's useless, he could totally be a competition shooter or maybe a trick archer if he knew, but he just really doesn't. He never even considered.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Superheroin is a guy who is immune to overdoses and he still makes the drugs look really good. He can do a bunch of drugs and not die but my friends who he is convincing the drugs are safe will die instantly when they do his drugs. My uncle also swears a lot and drinks a lot of beer and sells the bottles for heroin money.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Once upon a time, a girl did so many squats in a row that her butt got superpowers.

Now she fights crime as Superbutt! Her arch nemesis is Dr. Carbs.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
is that pick?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Otto Von Jizzmark posted:

Sometimes I poop and skip wiping cuzco I'm lazy. No one at work notices and I've even been complimented on my oder.

It's a power I suppose

josey, if you start probing people who are gross this place'll be a ghost town

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
my super power is heart

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos
One of the things I've always liked to do is teleport. But I also like sucking dicks.

So, Cumoport! I can teleport instantly, anywhere, no restrictions. But I can only teleport to a place where a guy is orgasming. I simply concentrate. I dig deep, think real hard, meditate on where I want to be. And of course it's in front of a dick that's spurting. And there I am.

Probably a good superpower for infiltrating various secret government facilities staffed by nerds, where there are other teleport blockers in place (these people play Dungeons and Dragons, I think they're pretty aware on how important it is to stop teleporting vigilantes, but would never think of a bi-teleporter posessing one of their guys). Oh yeah I can possess the people I suck off but only if the plot demands it.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Ein cooler Typ posted:

my super power is heart
You have no idea how much it sucked being the only Latin kid on the playground playing Captain Planet. Like yeah all the kids were varying degrees of wiener, but Heart-kid was next level. Apparently it was actually a pretty boss power-- you could do lots of psychic poo poo--but of course the wiener kid never used any of those abilities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Management
Jul 3, 2011

I don't want to die and have many injuries so I will take a healing power like Wolverine's I guess. Otherwise give me something like Bi-Han's Noob Siabot powers as long as I keep my free will. I would love me open up portals straight to the Taco Bell every time I get hungry or they have a new $5 value box thing.

• Locked thread