Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiA4B5Y63IQ

If you're willing to be charmed by a romance between a mute janitor (Sally Hawkins) and a fish man (Doug Jones), this is a sweet and entertaining story. Guillermo del Toro's love for his monsters is fully in the open, Sally Hawkins is delightful, and Doug Jones is as good as ever behind a bunch of latex. Just be ready to accept a fair dose of whimsy, as the movie is going to expect you to follow it into its fantasy.

Directed by: Guillermo del Toro (Pan's Labyrinth, Hellboy)
Screenplay by: Guillermo del Toro and Vanessa Taylor (Divergent)
Story by: Guillermo del Toro
Cinematography by: Dan Laustsen (Crimson Peak, John Wick: Chapter 2)
Music by: Alexandre Desplat (The Grand Budapest Hotel, Fantastic Mr. Fox)

Starring
Sally Hawkins (Happy-Go-Lucky, Blue Jasmine, Godzilla)
Doug Jones (Pan's Labyrinth, Hellboy, The Bye Bye Man)
Michael Shannon (Take Shelter, Man of Steel, Groundhog Day)
Richard Jenkins (The Visitor, The Cabin in the Woods, Bone Tomahawk)
Michael Stuhlbarg (Boardwalk Empire, A Serious Man, Doctor Strange)
Octavia Spencer (The Help, Fruitvale Station, Hidden Figures)

The Shape of Water expands into wide release this weekend (December 22, 2017) after an earlier limited release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Guillermo del Toro posted:

I’ve had this movie in my head since I was 6, not as a story but as an idea. When I saw the creature swimming under Julie Adams [in 1954’s “Creature From the Black Lagoon”], I thought three things: I thought, “Hubba-hubba.” I thought, “This is the most poetic thing I’ll ever see.” I was overwhelmed by the beauty. And the third thing I thought is, “I hope they end up together.”

banned from Starbucks posted:

Does she gently caress the fishmans?

She fucks the singular fish man.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Malcolm Excellent posted:

My wife saw that new movie mummy movie and said the mummy fucks... Did she lie to me?

The mummy tries to seduce Tom Cruise by psychically sending him nude selfies, but once they meet up they don't get far enough for him to crack open his shell.

• Locked thread