Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dagless
Feb 27, 2008
Wow. I'm amazed at how much love it's getting. Really didn't enjoy it.

It didn't feel generic or safe to me (as some have said), some bold ideas and visually/technically it was pretty flawless. Pretty refreshing to see a female lead jerking it like hey ho business as usual.

But every scene just felt so cheesy - I was eye rolling pretty much throughout. Mainly because everyone was either perfect and pure or small minded and evil. So many scenes would begin and I just had the feeling- 'I GET IT':

The rear end in a top hat employer who wanted to use photography, the dickbag husband and kindly Octavia Spencer, the racist baker vs sweet old man. The perfect wholesome family and Michael Shannon who was so over the top evil I just couldn't buy any of it.

And I know this is nitpicking, but the whole fish heist felt so, so easy. That base was a fortress and they had what? One camera on the loading dock and one armed guard? With Michael Shannon in the CCTV room with all the cameras... completely unaware until it was too late? It felt so stupid.

That sort of stuff wouldn't bother me so much if I could have bought the romance between them - difficult to pinpoint why. But I think it's because the 'The way he looks at me, he sees me as whole' thing just didn't register for me... he just looked at her like a gormless fish monster. The whole passionate relationship felt very one sided and unreciprocated.

The worst moment for me, 'you're a good man' to the Russian Spy... I almost cringe fell out of my chair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread