Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Sinding Johansson posted:

So again, why would they all selflessly work to help a woman with a disability save her fishman lover? The power of friendship? It's sort of childish.

I mean, I liked but didn't love this, but it's absolutely sold as a fairy tale from the beginning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I still rank the devils Backbone above this but I had a lot of fun with it, good movie.
It's funny how much of a threat Shannon isnt. I mean he's pretty impotent, he doesn't put everything together or become an actual threat until the very very end
Leave it to Beaver with Michael Shannon was hilarious and dark and I loved it. Shoulda put him in mad men.

It reminded me why Shannon got an Oscar nom for Revolutionary Road. When you put that man in a buttoned-down, orderly setting and let him tear at the edges he's very funny.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

An F Cinemascore Festival would have an amazing lineup.

mother!
Bug
The Box
Killing Them Softly
Wolf Creek
In The Cut
Solaris
The Wicker Man

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Hot drat that's a good lineup. How in the world were people so turned off by In The Cut?

I have no idea. I haven't seen it since it came out, but I should revisit it. I'm a sucker for an erotic thriller and that's one of the last really good ones I can remember

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

It's no Color of Night though.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Erotic thrillers are almost universally hetero so I think a better term would be "sweaty thriller".

The only gay erotic thrillers I can think of are Single White Female (which I think is mostly subtext and all the actual loving is straight) and maybe Black Swan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

There's a French one from not too long ago, it's on the tip of my tongue. The Weekend, I think? Where a guy has a fling with a mysterious stranger who may or may not be a murderer.

china bot posted:

Stranger by the Lake

Nice. I'll have to check it out.

Magic Hate Ball posted:

All I can think of is Talented Mr Ripley, but nothing in the backlit-pointy-nipple style of the steamy 80s and 90s softcore erotic thrillers.

Good call. And yeah, I'd absolutely watch a Basic Instinct remake starring, like, Gyllenhaal and Armie Hammer.

• Locked thread