Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

WENTZ WAGON NUI posted:

This movie is a lot like Crimson Peak---I liked it, but didn't love it and probably won't watch it again. Mike Shannon steals the show although I'd like to see him play a character who's not a complete psychopath (I should really watch this movie where I hear he plays Elvis?) I'll repeat what others have said, I felt like the Fishman spent too much time flopping around and being pathetic/miserable without ever developing much of an actual personality, which undercut the romance. I did like how viscerally gross they managed to make 1962 look in general. There's an interesting theme where as disgusting as everything in the era is made to look the corny old movies they watch are portrayed as transcendent.

shape of water isn't out here yet so can't comment but elvis and nixon is a sub-90 minute movie that manages to be extremely boring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Punkin Spunkin posted:

still should've beaten Heath Ledger YEAH I SAID IT

correct, with the caveat ledger should have won for brokeback

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Samuel Clemens posted:

Whoa, where'd all this hate for Killing Them Softly come from?

you could excise the 08 election clips from it and have a really great movie. as is, it's just kinda good

• Locked thread