Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I enjoyed the sexy fish man movie. I was surprised that they outright confirmed that she hosed the fish man.

Also this had so many great character actors in it! I kind of feel sorry for Michael Shannon because he has Willem Dafoe face and seems to always play creeps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

The actor’s name is Michael Shannon. Strickland is the last name of the character he plays.

Someone else called him Rappaport which is really funny to imagine

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Maxwell Lord posted:

Universal must be pissed that after years of trying and failing to get the Dark Universe crap going, GDT went and made a Creature from the Black Lagoon movie that will inevitably be better than anything they manage.

I think I read that they actually turned his idea for a CFtBL movie down.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Pan's Labyrinth is his best that I've seen and Pacific Rim is the most fun but this is definitely high quality Del Toro.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Would You Do It With the Fish Man?
https://jezebel.com/would-you-do-it-with-the-fish-man-1822000306

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

zandert33 posted:

Anybody have any thoughts on Michael Shannon's sex scene with his wife, and the purpose of it in the scope of the story? The movie seems to work to show women as sexual: the masturbation scenes, Elisa pursuing the fishman, and Mike Shannon's wife initiating sex.

I'm just not sure if that is the purpose of the scene, or if I'm missing something else.

It's supposed to show that he gets off on women being silent.

• Locked thread