Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
This movie is excellent. I have a low barrier to entry when it comes to crying, so this doesn't mean a ton, but I cried a few times for sure. Fishman looks excellent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Pick posted:

I was expecting to love this film. It's.... okay. I mean, it's pretty good.

It really suffers from never giving the fish-man his own strong characterization. They do a good job bringing out everyone else and what drives them, but the fish-man never graduates out of being simply alien. He ends up the flattest part of the film. I wish they'd given him perhaps a bit of a sense of humor, or reticence, or something. Perhaps they pushed the prosthetics too far. Doug Jones as Abe Sapien was still able to emote quite well with his mouth, but in this one he was really limited to his hands, which had also been built up so much you didn't get his characteristic hand performance.
he like eggs

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Here is an interesting article on the film that I enjoyed reading.

• Locked thread