Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

N: Fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

V: Capers

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Packers are terrible. That is all.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
N: Vikings finally got a shutout!
V: Yay!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

iospace posted:

V: Capers

Seems to have not have been the problem tonight as far as I can tell.

I only vaguely paid attention though for obvious reasons.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah, the D wasn't BAD and it could have been worse, but still getting shutout at home is ugly.

e: oh and our OLBs were backups today.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Grittybeard posted:

Hundley is terrible, and the first 2 WRs were out. Turns out everybody else hand numb hands or something, or else they didn't feel like running very hard on the deep routes.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
A win is a win, and shutting out the Packers in Lambeau will never be not worth it, but good lord Hundley is bad.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Thaddius the Large posted:

A win is a win, and shutting out the Packers in Lambeau will never be not worth it, but good lord Hundley is bad.
Has Hundley even thrown a TD at home this year? Why not give Callahan a shot? Can't hurt anything now. Are they trying to keep teams from getting film on him or something?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Leon Einstein posted:

Has Hundley even thrown a TD at home this year? Why not give Callahan a shot? Can't hurt anything now. Are they trying to keep teams from getting film on him or something?

Huh, he hasn't. I'm actually more surprised that he's had two games where he's thrown three after looking it up though (@PIT, @CLE). He's uh, got 8 on the year though, which is...not very good in the other 6 games he's played significant time in.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Grittybeard posted:

Huh, he hasn't. I'm actually more surprised that he's had two games where he's thrown three after looking it up though (@PIT, @CLE). He's uh, got 8 on the year though, which is...not very good in the other 6 games he's played significant time in.

I haven’t watched many Packers games but is the coaching staff actually doing anything with the game plan to suit Hundley’s strengths?

It always seems like Rodgers is the only reason this team ever succeeds

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
He looked okay in the Pittsburgh game. Watching Rodgers last week was so night and day though. Rodgers did throw 3 really bad passes, but his decision making and speed of pulling the trigger on passes was sooooooo much better to watch than Hundley. Hundley does the same poo poo every time; back up, run around a bit, roll right and then throw it out of bounds. Or else, quick pass behind the line of scrimmage that gets sniffed out instantly and loses yards.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Both QB's had problems connecting on long passes. The WR's couldn't run as fast as expected on the half frozen surface.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
https://twitter.com/andrew_krammer/status/944792743414501377

drat

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

It's like a retarded tony dungy stare gif

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Darth Brooks posted:

It's like a retarded tony dungy stare gif

I knew that'd be ridiculed. Dude caught flies for like 30 seconds straight.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Leon Einstein posted:

They've already destroyed the trade value for one Rodgers backup, no sense in doing it for two.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Shangri-Law School posted:

They've already destroyed the trade value for one Rodgers backup, no sense in doing it for two.

It's the Packers, not the Patriots. I don't think they've ever gotten anything of value for a Rodgers backup

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Adun posted:

It's the Packers, not the Patriots. I don't think they've ever gotten anything of value for a Rodgers backup

How soon we forget the odyssey of Matt Flynn.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

CharlestheHammer posted:

How soon we forget the odyssey of Matt Flynn.

He signed with the Seahawks as a FA

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Adun posted:

He signed with the Seahawks as a FA

Fair, I thought of it more like they never produced anyone someone would want.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Adun posted:

Matt Flynn was bad timing, they probably would have gotten a third for him or maybe even a second if he had his one great game the year before his rookie contract was up.

But anyway, hilariously at least one Packers fan here was honestly arguing Hundley was worth a first this preseason. Which means there were probably a whole lot of Packers fans who felt this way, since as a group we're slightly (often maybe only slightly, but at least slightly) more level-headed than a lot of other groups of football fans most of the time. I...predict that will not come to pass.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I am pretty sure every team now has fans who claim their first round pick is worth something. Despite not doing poo poo.

As a chiefs fan you have experienced this first hand.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
I spent the duration of the Packers game on a ladder truck platform dumping 20k gallons of water onto a house that was burning. Came off the truck, saw the home owner, and he says, "man, loving Packers".

I think he was in shock and didn't realize what was going on, but same dude. Same.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

CharlestheHammer posted:

I am pretty sure every team now has fans who claim their first round pick is worth something. Despite not doing poo poo.

As a chiefs fan you have experienced this first hand.

This would seem to apply more if Hundley was an untested first round pick? I actually went to look it up wondering if I was remembering this completely wrong or something--I do remember he had first round buzz for a while but that was long gone by the draft.

e: 5th round, 147th overall.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Grittybeard posted:

This would seem to apply more if Hundley was an untested first round pick? I actually went to look it up wondering if I was remembering this completely wrong or something--I do remember he had first round buzz for a while but that was long gone by the draft.

e: 5th round, 147th overall.

You are right I forgot how much he dropped off after the early hype.

Still my point stands if you eliminate the first round part.

People tend to overrate young QBs based on okay training camps.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

186 posted:

I spent the duration of the Packers game on a ladder truck platform dumping 20k gallons of water onto a house that was burning. Came off the truck, saw the home owner, and he says, "man, loving Packers".

I think he was in shock and didn't realize what was going on, but same dude. Same.

Knuckle dragging truckies, makes sense you’re a packer fan. (Also nice job)

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

windshipper posted:

Knuckle dragging truckies, makes sense you’re a packer fan. (Also nice job)

Made the Engine guys do all the hose loading as we sat in the back of the box eating cookies. Owns.

Strangely, as the smoke was billowing from the roof, it formed two words... "Dom Capers". I think it was a sign.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I've seen enough.

Fire McCarthy and Capers. Get new blood into the organization. Demote Ted to area scout or something.

McCarthy can't put together an offense to save his life without one of the most talented quarterbacks to ever play the game. Pathetic.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

I dislike the New England Patriots very much and I won't enjoy watching them win another Superbowl!

Also that was totally a TD by Benjamin.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The Browns are so close to the dream.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

ban instant replay

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
gently caress this team, gently caress the Haslams, gently caress Hue Jackson, gently caress Sashi Brown

Feed poor people

https://twitter.com/Reflog_18/status/945035546132393984

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

I dislike the New England Patriots very much and I won't enjoy watching them win another Superbowl!

The league office running replay is so lovely, and I knew it would be lovely and I'm glad everyone hates it.

Yeah, they really shouldn't have overturned that call.

Man the patriots in the second half just turned it on though, that was vicious. Dion Lewis had a beastly game. Gronk, Brady and Shaq Mason were just machines in the 2nd half.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

print the shirts

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

NFC playoffs are going to be real fun.

AFC playoffs are going to be real bad.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Rooting for Cowboys over Seahawks I guess. Since they have a better shot of losing to the eagles so the bad falcons can still make it into the playoffs.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Eltoasto posted:

NFC playoffs are going to be real fun.

AFC playoffs are going to be real bad.

Jaguars rough riding through the AFC playoffs would be fantastic. I'd accept losing to them in the AFCC

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Kalli posted:

Man the patriots in the second half just turned it on though, that was vicious. Dion Lewis had a beastly game. Gronk, Brady and Shaq Mason were just machines in the 2nd half.

The most impressive thing the Patriots do is in the halftime adjustments. There have been so many games where they look like completely different teams from one half to the next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Another quality replay decision, glad the league office held strong against the pressure to let a touchdown stand against the patriots.

• Locked thread