Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Can't wait for the NFL to actually go bankrupt so I can be done watching the Lions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

FizFashizzle posted:

print the shirts

Uncharge your phone man.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Kalli posted:

Jaguars rough riding through the AFC playoffs would be fantastic. I'd accept losing to them in the AFCC

2017 deserves a Bortles vs. Foles Super Bowl matchup.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Can someone explain the logic behind the Benjamin catch not being a catch? I've watched it about four times (on a phone screen) and can't figure out what didn't conform to a catch.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

The fix is in

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick

BUG JUG posted:

Can someone explain the logic behind the Benjamin catch not being a catch? I've watched it about four times (on a phone screen) and can't figure out what didn't conform to a catch.

Toe came up before he had possession, then foot out of bounds. I assume they pieced it together from multiple angles, but I certainly didn't see how they got enough to change the call.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

It was against the Pats right?

That's all you need to know.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

man i miss the game and I miss absolutely nothing

drat

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
https://twitter.com/ChiefsReporter/status/945045059136819200

https://twitter.com/Chiefs/status/945043982152855552

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

(breaks through wall) HO HO HOOOO YEAH

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

this owns a loving lot

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
it's amazing that a lion's team that perpetually tries to succeed and fails got to play against a checked out bengals team totally uninterested in winning and well, turns out the lions loving suck

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

let andy reid win his sb as a head coach already

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

This is the best thing I've seen in a long time

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In the unlikely event the Jags win the Super Bowl, the phrase "Blake Bortles, Super Bowl winning quarterback" will be hilarious for years.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Randaconda posted:

In the unlikely event the Jags win the Super Bowl, the phrase "Blake Bortles, Super Bowl winning quarterback" will be hilarious for years.

Or the Vikings with Case Keenum

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
None measure up to good old Trent

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Replay is so broken. It's supposed to be there to give officials a mulligan for bad calls. The Benjamin call was so close that it should have been left however it was called on the field.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Randaconda posted:

Joe Flacco, Super Bowl MVP.

hmm, nope, that's not hilarious just complete and serious real talk :hai:

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

A big flaming stink posted:

Joe Flacco, Super Bowl MVP.

hmm, nope, that's not hilarious just complete and serious real talk :hai:

Flaccos not quite the same cause even if hes a mediocre player in general he played at an extremely high level in those games. An elite level. Trent Dilfer was dragged by the defense.

What the Browns need is a solid veteran QBlike Steve McNair was for the Ravens in 2006.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Replay is so broken. It's supposed to be there to give officials a mulligan for bad calls. The Benjamin call was so close that it should have been left however it was called on the field.

lol it wasn't "close". it was a catch. a stone cold catch.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

mastershakeman posted:

it's amazing that a lion's team that perpetually tries to succeed and fails got to play against a checked out bengals team totally uninterested in winning and well, turns out the lions loving suck

It really is amazing. Especially watching all of these franchises that have been created or have relocated in the last 25 years that have all had more success than Detroit in that time. The Jags and Panthers didn't even exist when I was born and both have division titles and playoff wins in that time, neither of which Detroit can claim. Hell the Rams have relocated twice in that time frame and have division titles from both of those locations!

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Dec 24, 2017

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

It's supposed to be there to give your scumfuck team free wins. And it does what it's supposed to do.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

C-Euro posted:

It really is amazing. Especially watching all of these franchises that have been created or have relocated in my lifetime that have all had more success than Detroit. The Jags and Panthers didn't even exist when I was born and both have division titles and SB appearances in that time, neither or which Detroit can claim. Hell the Rams have relocated twice in the time and have division titles from both of those locations!

Jags haven't been to the SB, just the AFC Championship game in 96 and 99.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
"as u can see his toe lost contact with that blade of grass for a millisecond and the ball oscillated an inch..."

get outta here

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

mcmagic posted:

It's supposed to be there to give your scumfuck team free wins. And it does what it's supposed to do.

hey I mean become a pats fan and it could easily be your scumfuck team getting free wins. seems like a win-win situation

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

mcmagic posted:

The madder you get the better it is to be a Pats fan FYI.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
8-8
8-8
8-8
8-8
8-8
8-8
8-8
8-8

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

8-8

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
I, for one, am glad the NFL has had a change of heart since Deflategate and finally decided to come together and officially make the Patriots America's team

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

imagine still losing to the seahawks after everyone died in that cards game

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Go Panthers

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/945087824214159361

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Imagine losing to the Seahawks who had more penalty yards than offensive yards

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

razorscooter posted:

imagine still losing to the seahawks after everyone died in that cards game

And when you do beat the Seahawks, they become baby back bitches

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Turdsdown Tom posted:

I, for one, am glad the NFL has had a change of heart since Deflategate and finally decided to come together and officially make the Patriots America's team

The Pats fans who honestly believe Goodell has it out for Brady or the Pats are the same people who still believe Vince McMahon actually had it out for Stone Cold in the 90's.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

There’s a pretty good chance that the NFC wild card games are Carolina at New Orleans and Seattle at LA.

That sucks for everyone involved.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Panthers should lose on purpose imo.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Randaconda posted:

And when you do beat the Seahawks, they become baby back bitches

bortles was too elite that day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil