Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

iospace posted:

V: Capers

Seems to have not have been the problem tonight as far as I can tell.

I only vaguely paid attention though for obvious reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Leon Einstein posted:

Has Hundley even thrown a TD at home this year? Why not give Callahan a shot? Can't hurt anything now. Are they trying to keep teams from getting film on him or something?

Huh, he hasn't. I'm actually more surprised that he's had two games where he's thrown three after looking it up though (@PIT, @CLE). He's uh, got 8 on the year though, which is...not very good in the other 6 games he's played significant time in.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Adun posted:

It's the Packers, not the Patriots. I don't think they've ever gotten anything of value for a Rodgers backup

Matt Flynn was bad timing, they probably would have gotten a third for him or maybe even a second if he had his one great game the year before his rookie contract was up.

But anyway, hilariously at least one Packers fan here was honestly arguing Hundley was worth a first this preseason. Which means there were probably a whole lot of Packers fans who felt this way, since as a group we're slightly (often maybe only slightly, but at least slightly) more level-headed than a lot of other groups of football fans most of the time. I...predict that will not come to pass.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

CharlestheHammer posted:

I am pretty sure every team now has fans who claim their first round pick is worth something. Despite not doing poo poo.

As a chiefs fan you have experienced this first hand.

This would seem to apply more if Hundley was an untested first round pick? I actually went to look it up wondering if I was remembering this completely wrong or something--I do remember he had first round buzz for a while but that was long gone by the draft.

e: 5th round, 147th overall.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Wait a second, according to that tweet they're not even giving NBC a game to broadcast in the later slot?

How does that work with their contract?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Benne posted:

Somehow I doubt Al will complain about getting New Year's Eve off

Oh yeah I'm sure Al's fine with it.

I wonder how long it's been since he's had the last week of an NFL season off?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Here you go:

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/945011667485704192

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Asproigerosis posted:

When was that last time the #1 seed was so glaringly awful?

On the offensive side of the ball it's only been a couple of years.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Nervous posted:

Maybe the Eagles can hang a bell around Alshon Jeffrey's neck so Foles starts looking at him I guess?

Nah you put bells on bell-cow running backs obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Which bad decisions did they make? Not which ones had bad results, but which ones were obviously bad when they made them?

This made me think about it from the other direction, which decisions looked good but turned out awful? Jarius Byrd is the one that springs to mind but there might be more.

• Locked thread