Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Barkley is a rather underwhelming signing but there's still a chance he lives up to his potential. And if he doesn't Chelsea can sell him to West Ham for £30m.

Also it will be nice for Chelsea to have enough home grown players that they can sign a foreign player without having to sell one, or let Cahill go when his contract is up.

I still want a big name attacker and box to box midfielder to be signed but that will probably have to wait until the summer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

trem_two posted:

Chelsea must need some players to meet homegrown requirements or something, yeah?

Yeah, all they had were Cesc, Cahill, Drinkwater, and Moses. Tho RLC and Tammy Abraham could be in the squad next year.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Poor Rafa. I wonder if he has anything in his contract to give him an out due to this poo poo.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Blue Star Error posted:

He could (and should) resign

I agree, but I wouldn't be surprised if Ashley sues Rafa for breaking his contract, or the club Rafa moves to next or both.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

trem_two posted:

Conte loves a poo poo striker in the January window. See: Borriello, Anelka, Osvaldo across his 3 years at Juve.

Chelsea also have a thing for poo poo strikers in January - Pato, Anelka, Torres, and Demba Ba.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

I don't know if you even need a winter break. What if you just had the matches scheduled with a normal amount of rest days in between?

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

I want Aubameyang at Chelsea but neither the board or Conte seem interested. Seems like him and Morata up front with Hazard doing whatever he wants would be a pretty good front 3.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

sassassin posted:

Swansea are trying to send Roque Mesa to Sevilla to free up wages/make themselves look bad, but Las Palmas - who are already in a legal battle with Sevilla over another player - have waded in swinging for the fences claiming to have a first refusal option and that Mesa must come back to them if he leaves.

Sounds like he's in between a rock and a hard table

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Ninpo posted:

Batshuayi does well again to continue to not be picked in the league and Chelsea continue to be linked with anyone tall to get on the end of Dave's crosses.

Was Conte weird like this at previous clubs?

I would prefer to see Conte play batshuayi more but I don't think it's as simple as you make it out to be. Batshuayi was poor against Arsenal, average in both legs against Norwich and never really impresses when he comes on as a sub in the league. The potential is definitely there with him, but I think Chelsea need another option right now.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Tuco's gun is empty but he thinks it's still loaded, reminds me of a certain Mr. Wenger

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Batshuayi's loan to Dortmund is confirmed. It's only 6 months tho which is great.

Morata, Giroud, and Batshuayi as a striker rotation next season should be perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Bape Culture posted:

Boro got mo besic on loan from Everton. Any good?

Completely forgot about him. I recall him looking solid for Everton when he first arrived.

• Locked thread