Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
why did i download a patch and now the servers wont work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Zaodai posted:

But if I muted global chat, where else would I hear random Hitler speeches while on the plane, or the occasional hilarity of an impromptu fistfight between everyone who landed at the same compound while one of the randoms blasts John Cena's theme over global?

you could random squads or duos and listen to your teammate do that instead, and let him loot a bunch of poo poo and tk him with the sawed off

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
did they nix weather in the old map or is it just a much lower chance now?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Communist Q posted:

You can judge it based off the markings on a scope. Each scope has various range finding points based on their characters size relative to the markings that you can memorize. Wackyjacky101 on YouTube has some pretty great videos on the subject if you can spare 30 minutes on the subject.

thats cool, is there a cheat sheet I can just put up on my second monitor?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

revolther posted:

Yeah it's those videos on repeat you lazy shithole. Can't someone do it for me?

I totally want to watch a 30 minute video on repeat just to figure out what the markings mean instead of just looking at a quick graphic that has all that same information without the hassle

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Raged posted:

I just started playing after a few months break and Jesus, once you hit the top tier the aimbotters are rampant. It's not even subtle. Guy inside of building suddenly a 180 and plugs you from 300m away. So drat blatant. staring at the wall directly pointed at me as he moved to a window.

Maybe It's because the Aussie server is 75% with Chinese players with strings of numbers and letters as names

edit: lol yep https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/12/99-percent-of-battlegrounds-cheats-are-from-china-playerunknown-says/

thats how NA TPP is as well despite their boasting for millions of players banned a lot of people are cheating right now. one of the problems with wildly popular games

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Party Plane Jones posted:

Linked to Reddit because you need the audio and their reddit video system is absolute dogshit that you can't mirror because they separate audio and video tracks but hey here's a good video:
https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/comments/7mw207/the_tragedy_of_pecado/

this game is so stupid why is it so fun

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
One of the tells for cheating is a jittery crosshair, at least that was a big one from days admining a CS1.6 server

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Rad-daddio posted:

So, I can't stop playing this drat game. I've been managing average of 1 kill per game, with a couple of under top ten finishes that were basically just luck. I really need more practice. Are there any consistent hot zones that folks run to when they wanna get their kill on?

pecado/school are usually pretty crazy

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Ex posted:

It does seem like the scum of China specifically come to the NA region, probably to gently caress with us dirty whites, of course.

If my presence pissed off people in the AS server as much as being chinese or being latino pissed off white people on the NA servers then I'd probably play there all the time.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

DrNutt posted:

Especially if you are a fun haver who plays fpp exclusively.

there are definitely a lot less people hacking in fpp

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i had a hilarious thing today where all my bullets seemed to go through a guy I was shooting at and hit my team mate who circled around behind the gun instead was pretty funny because i knocked him and then got knocked so we lost

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i dont know if it was on purpose, but i like how on the new map you're more forced to drive on roads so cars aren't as super awesome for transportation and its a lot easier to hang out around intersections and shoot people using cars

Good soup! posted:

The next map should have players shrunk down and you have to fight it out in a massive back yard and a house and poo poo, like green army men

this just makes me long for custom servers and custom map support

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Crane posted:

Ah yes,
"Crouch walk or BAN/no frying pans, automatic weapons or cars or BAN"
Prone crawl backwards and shave your rear end or BAN, no weird haircuts or ball caps

on custom servers you can already set which weapons spawn/don't spawn right? But prone crawl backwards only would be a good time if the only thing available were cars with really low hp so everyone is just exploding.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

esperterra posted:

Is this game insanely quiet compared to other applications for anyone else, while we're on the subject of sound? I need to turn Discord nearly all the way down to be able to pick up footsteps in PUBG when I'm playing with a team.

yeah for me it is, even with the game all the way and my volume all the way in general the game seems mixed to be quieter than anything else that might be running. If I get a notification or anything while I'm playing this my head pretty much explodes.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i played with a rando squad that jumped naked and took one piece of clothing from each dude they killed

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
has anyone had a weird bug where you get into a car and are promptly teleported underground

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

The Mash posted:

The only thing worse than crawling is running, being sniped at and then going prone in response

free headshots, prone is pretty much useless in this game unless you know 100% no one has a sight line from more than 100 meters away. So easy to pick people off who are prone on some distant hill.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I imagine the choice to not build their own engine occurred before the game sold that much

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
haha when you're defaulting to AS and you don't realize it for four or five matches

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
do redzones slow down in the final few circles? That should be changed.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

underage at the vape shop posted:

Games gunna be dead in a year tbh

I kind of agree, a year from now a lot of people will have moved onto the next big FPS. If they really wanted to increase the lifespan of their game they would release some kind of modding API and custom server stuff.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
man I logged in with 26,000 extra bp for some reason

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Le0 posted:

you can never find enough of them to have the whole team with them and therefore compensator is best in that case.

if you manage to take out a team or two of loot goblins you can probably manage it. My main problem is that if you have a silencer its annoying when your team mate without one stands right next to you and starts shooting at dudes who haven't yet figured out where you are. Thanks dude.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I like the AK

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i dont have an ssd and my load times are like 15 seconds so if you have long load times ssd or no something else is wrong with your poo poo

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Fateo McMurray posted:

I used to cheat in CS back in the old days cause making people mad entertained me as a teenager.

Back in the day when people played Action Half-Life there was this clan called BORG that trolled people a lot. So I guessed the password to one of their ICQ accounts and from there found out they had a file server which had a bunch of the default models, but spiked so that big red lines would stick through walls and poo poo. Essentially a ghetto wall hack. I distributed them to everyone to use against them. Those were good times.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

sticksy posted:

What was their password?

the password for that person's ICQ was KILL all caps. So was the password for the zip file that contained the spiked models.

BraveUlysses posted:

people actually played action HL?

yeah man it had a small but fairly active community and I spent a good chunk of my youth playing that and the opera.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Dangerllama posted:

Squad dropped into Pecado last night. Why does that place feel like the bar in From Dusk Till Dawn every. single. time.

I need to read up on squad tactics because my goodness does it feel like a different game.

the only times I've ever had an entire squad survive in pecado or hacienda is dropping two and two on the buildings on the outskirts and then meeting up and working our way in

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I'd like to see a new map that is just a urban sprawl twice the size of los leonas and nowhere else, same circle mechanics, but shrunk down.
Question is which does the game engine handle worse, 100 people in a smallish area or rendering a massive map.

A map that is smaller in size + mostly los leones would be actually cool. lots more bridges between buildings and poo poo too

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Elman posted:

Enable experimental features in the nvidia experience app, then alt+f3 in game.

drat this doesn't do anything for me

edit - actually it seems like alt+f3 just toggles experimental features on and off so if you just do the checkmark maybe its a different hotkey?

Doorknob Slobber fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jan 23, 2018

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
weren't they originally saying that they had been working on two new maps? when are we getting weather back? I miss rain and fog.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

actually it looks like you're second place because you don't know how to shoot guns

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Concurred posted:

The dirt bikes and crates are the most fun parts of this game. High octane action

I was playing with a team that was doing two people flanking on bikes it was working really well. Two people would hang back and plink away while the other two would hop on bikes and around then everyone would push at once. It was a really fun strategy.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
today i stole a motorcycle from a two man team and drove away laughing, then i crashed it into the side of an rv and instead of just crashing and turning around I got stuck on the rv and exploded thanks game

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Hellsau posted:

I hope they got to watch that happen in real time.

i hope so too because they probably got a pretty good laugh out of it

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
There is a really cool bug where if you get disconnected in squads and then reconnect you no longer have a number or name so your team kills you when they see you.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

oddium posted:

easy to get around by only playing with people you're in discord with

but if you don't know its happening you will just run up next to your buddy who will murder you, its funny, but it sucks also

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
why does my game freeze up when grenades go off near glass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
its possible to kill people with an ak and 90 ammo