Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

When are they going to fix these loving 1 way fences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Got a chicken dinner last night in a duo. Teammate got sniped and it was me vs 2 full squads.

I hunker down and hope to at least get one of the people who got my teammate.

I take some shots, they get behind cover and start engaging with the other team.

Suddenly the game ends and I win. All 4 of them didn't realize blue was on top of them and died to it.

I'll take it!

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

My god this game must be horrible to try and produce a broadcast for. The first half of the game is completely uninteresting since the teams don't drop together, and the fighting is impossible to follow until there are only 4-5 teams left. The video producers managed several times to switch to a player that just got a kill, and we got to watch them loot a box, while a frantic firefight broke out on the other side of the map, off-screen.

New Zealand can eat me posted:

Enjoy your <1700 rating and sub 2.0 KD :rolleyes: There's nothing wrong with being a casual, I'm sure you still have fun. These dudes are playing for money, though

Hedgehog is correct, as far as actual action, the game is very slow until about the 3rd-4th circle and the camera needs a lot of work as many times it has been on the wrong player. This game is a great candidate for being on a 1-2 minute delay to allow for making sure the camera is always on the correct perspective / split screen.

About it never being a serious e-sport, that is probably correct, but more on the game still being very rough and having a lot of glitches.

Or does my sub 2.0 KDR invalidate my opinion?

:thunk:

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Thom P. Tiers posted:

As Shroud said, if you throw enough money at a game you can turn it into an e-sport. It doesn't mean it's a GOOD e-sport. That also doesn't mean it's a bad game.

My opinions:

Game: Fun & Good.
E-sport: Bad (too much RNG) & not very watchable.
Will it continue to have tournaments because of the massive amount of money being thrown at it? Yes.
Can the e-sport part improve? Certainly! I just don't know how and don't have any great ideas.

Being able to change the play zone would be fun. Get 30ish streamers, and put them all in Los Leones, have the match last 15 minutes or so.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Jack B Nimble posted:

I'm new to the game but I've only been playing (and thus dropping) with experienced players, and I don't get these loot concerns. Literally every time we drop we get adequate gear within a minute or two (which I'd describe as at least one assault rifle and at least lv1 of everything, and then we spend the time between the early game and the mid game gaining sniper rifles, or mods, or lv2/3 gear, and stockpiling med and stim. Sometimes we drop in hot zones and die to early gunfights, but we've never landed in some lootless waste land where we end up running to the second or third zone with, like, pistols and a prayer.

I mean, you either drop somewhere good without people and loot in peace, or you drop somewhere with good loot but a lot of players and maybe die. Am I misunderstanding what constitutes good loot, or are people dropping in random 4 building compounds off of single lane dirt track roads and being surprised they couldn't find a full assortment of gear? Or at you guys dropping in, say, the multi story apartment buildings of Pecado and not getting what you need?

Generally speaking good loot to me is a 5.56 auto AR, Full level 2+ gear and 2/2/2 for 1st Aid / Pills / Energy Drink and at least 1 4x+ level scope.

But having to leave a location with level 1 of something, an SMG and a shotgun feels bad.

Honestly though people, learn the best loot buildings in each map. I went from being someone who could never find a gun to start almost always getting pretty decent gear just by learning best buildings.

(Like learn what the Level 3 buildings look like on the Map on Miramar, along with the Hockey Arena looking buildings. Also learn where the duplexs are in cities etc.)

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

Thanks for the looting advice! This is what I love this thread for.

Does anyone know what duplexes on Miramar OxySnake was talking about?

My bad I was using g them as an example of good buildings on the russian map.

I refuse to refer to them by their proper names.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Netcode is hosed, op.

Played a lot last night, seemed worse than usual. Shot a guy with a shotgun close range, he had no vest. He kills me. I look at death cam. I face charge him, he kills me. My shotgun goes off while I'm dead on the ground. Muzzle flash and everything.

Woo netcode.

Shotguns are annoyingly inconsistent and I try and use them as rarely as possible.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Change the OP to "If your new drop School/Hacienda until you get good at dropping, looting quickly and shooting people."

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Jack B Nimble posted:

Yes giving the poo poo guns mods you can't harvest would change them up without fooling with their dps, I think that's a great idea. The VSS is already a very extreme example of this.

On the other hand the VSS owns.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Ever have one of those nights?

My KDR weeps.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

The QBZ is ridiculous.

I honestly don't think that any other AR comes close at this point.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Does anyone have the quick reference map for scope distances and crate drops by red dot size?

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Thom P. Tiers posted:

To be fair grenades are loving trash and take no skill and are way OP. Buuuut lmao that is a great meltdown.

I enjoyed this meltdown from me killing this guy the other night.

https://clips.twitch.tv/BlitheBelovedSandwichPupper

I understand the tilt if your having a bad day, but he guessed wrong where you were and lost an aim duel.

It happens :shrug:

Also nade kills shouldnt count if they bounce more than twice :colbert:

Paint Crop Pro fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jan 26, 2020

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Air-det grenade kills are the best feeling in the world.

Im sad I didn't record it, but my best was standing in one of the apartments in north Georgie, teammate got knocked by a guy who was peaking out of the door in the building next to me, priming a nade and air detting it next to him in the door for the knock.

Its a crummy balance because cooking nades and dropping them on people is cool and good, but having a squad that drops 20 nades on a team in a building is boring.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Jiro posted:

Over here in the States unfortunately

https://www.pubg.com/en-us/2021/05/23/pc-patch-note-12-1/

Miramar getting a much needed facelift that is going live on Tuesday.

I like that they added the new stuff to Miramar, I like the building reworks, and the interior lighting, but my god when the map is played at noon its like the whole thing is turned on Full Bright.

If you get a round at dusk it looks very pretty though. (Also its still the best map)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Thom P. Tiers posted:

They actually changed the bots in the most recent patch and it is confirmed that they actually do now have aimbot and can laser you. They went from totally worthless not being able to kill anything to actually cheating. These devs are so bad at what they do.

It's funny to cause there is no gray area. Its either tap shot in your direction looking and get merced or melt you in a moment