Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Trabisnikof posted:

That looks like a bug list and not a new feature list so it isn't shocking that things like ping lock or a new map aren't on there

New map is probably quite a ways off - last I saw, they were expecting it to take 8-9 months to generate each new map (though presumably they could hire an extra team and work on more than one at once).

oddium posted:

the vw bus should drift the right slightly and require constant attention

I appreciated this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

Well, that said, loot only spawns in certain predetermined spots in each building. So learning those spots is a big part of learning to loot quickly.

Not just this, but some buildings inherently take longer to loot because while they have lots of spawns, they're also large with lots of doors. An example would be the multistory apartment buildings on Erangel near School, and in Yasnaya and Georgopol. It just takes time to figure out which areas and building types are the most efficient, and that playing in squads can be a limiting factor in how likely it is everyone will come out well equipped.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Ice Fist posted:

:same:

The hacking situation is in a really good place. I play exclusively FPP and always in either a duo or squad so ymmv with other modes.

Yeah, I have been playing more R6 lately but the obvious cheaters are almost nonexistent. The daily updates are doing a pretty good job, hopefully some of the previous crowd gives it another shot.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Accretionist posted:

Bug Chat: Anyone else blinded by the sky? If I look past eye-level, the screen floods white.

Any advice?

Edit: It's intermittent and event-only. I've tried adding -sm4 and lowering settings. No help.

Here's screenshots, two with-bug, two without-bug.

I've had this bug sporadically in the past, never did figure out what caused it. Only ever seemed to happen on Miramar for me, never Erangel (this was pre-Sanhok). Best bet was some kind of driver/GPU issue, but it disappeared after a minor bugfix patch.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Hellsau posted:

That is so many no-brainer quality-of-life improvements that I don't understand why it's all in one giant patch. Surely these things could have been added in piecemeal rather than waiting for so long to add them all in at once? Either way if the servers are functional and the sound system isn't completely broken I'm interested.

When was the last significant patch prior to PGI? Only thing I can think of is they didn't want to make significant changes immediately before an event like that.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Cinara posted:

It's less that the implementation is bad, and more that it is a massive change to the flow of the game. The new marker can replace a voice callout to a far more accurate degree, and in less time. Not only will it give you direction, but it shows you on your screen exactly where they marked.

Swag has a pretty good clip that explains some of the issues with it.

https://clips.twitch.tv/GleamingHelpfulAyeayeKeyboardCat

The marker isn't good or bad, but it does remove one aspect of skill the game had in order to make it more accessible. It's going to be polarizing just like TPP vs FPP.

Except you can choose to play TPP or FPP. You can't opt out of this.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Did they do something about aimpunch in this game? For the last week or so it's seemed to have a much decreased effect - both on me, and while I'm shooting others.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

What the gently caress did they do to sound this patch? Everything was fine yesterday, today gunshots are nearly silent (including my own). Footsteps are loud as hell though, I can't hear poo poo over my own movement. I didn't change any settings, the game is just unplayable like this.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

I've reported people for hacking, what, 4 times? over 300 hours played. And the last one was a few months ago.

Last year before region locking there were a noticeable number of hackers - speed hacks, wall hacks, aimbots, etc. I can't remember the last time I saw a blatant hacker, though there have been a handful of times I wouldn't be surprised if someone was using ESP over the last few months. Those incidents could just as easily have been people noticing me out of the corner of their eye or something as well though, so who knows.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Hockles posted:

I'm actually discussing with Hawkinz what can be done with certain stream snipers. Because we've figured out that one main stream-sniper has been buying PUBG on burner accounts, playing for one hour or so, then refunding the game. Only to do it again on a new account right after that.

Only thing I can thing of is to coordinate with Steam to refuse the refunds somehow. Once he realizes it's going to start costing him every day, it'll stop with a quickness. But that'll take active monitoring from Bluehole and cooperation from Steam (and the guy might just change his name so as to not be recognizable).

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Thom P. Tiers posted:

The AWM is rare as hell and you have to take a risk to get it. I think they should have dropped the bullets down to 15 along with this change. But I guess I will see how it plays out for a final opinion.

It also already one shot a level 1 vest :shrug:

It should 10 bullets, not 15 if it's going to be a one shot down for L2 vests. Every shot should be a risk - and unless you get a very early AWM, it's unlikely you're going going to run out of ammo unless you're either a terrible sniper or the circle is very, very strange.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

I can't see the sniper rifle change not getting rolled back unless they make them far rarer in general.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

I got killed by a red zone while inside a building yesterday. Yes, an unavoidable RNG death that spawns right on top of me is an awesome feature.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Ran into obvious cheaters for the first time in a long time (4 headshots from 200+ meters with zero recoil). But the last few sessions of this game have been very weird - immediate headshots every time I peek, pixel peeks like I was playing R6. Very strange.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

General Probe posted:

Got my first 0 kill win in duos (0 kills between me and my partner) tonight which was weird but hilarious.

Strangest win I have is a 1 kill squad win, the one kill was the only player left. We weren't turtling or particularly lucky with circles either, spent half the match driving around - other than one random vehicle a couple hundred meters away, we just never found other people.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

I've seen a lot of very weird bugs since the Erangel revamp. Going prone sent my partner flying about 15 feet straight into the air. Vehicles flipping for no reason while driving on a straight road. A lot of weird sound glitches - oddly quiet and loud footsteps for a given range is the only one that I've noticed that impacted gameplay. At least one smoke that just never went off.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Has anyone else had a lot of stuttering recently? The last week or so has been rough as poo poo, not sure if they screwed up a patch or what but my duo buddy has been experiencing the exact same thing.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Playing squad, we find 2 flare guns off the drop on Vikendi. Then this happens:

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

RobotsLoveSpectres posted:

Also move sanhok into its own queue because it's the worst map

Eh, it's fine for solos and duos. It's utterly miserable playing squads on that, though.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Anyone else playing last night have massive lag/packet loss/whatever?

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Haven't seen one and didn't even know they were a thing until someone mentioned yesterday that they hadn't found one. Seems pretty rare and like it'll be mostly useful on hard shift circles and bridge camps.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Salean posted:

tossing a spike strip out of a car will 100% result in you blowing out all the tires in your car

This is awesome and I will have to test it.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Never be sorry for killing goons.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Thom P. Tiers posted:

It never really was "full" of hackers. I've put in a million hours and have maybe run into like, 10-15 cheaters that have killed me and been banned.

It seems to be slightly more prevalent lately, but it ebbs and flows. I went a long time without seeing a single hacker, but the last few days I've been killed at least once per day by someone who's played 5-8 games, winning all of them (or all but 1), with a 7-10 KDR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

VulgarandStupid posted:

They don’t care about PUBG they make all of their money off PUBG mobile in India and Thailand. That’s why there’s no PUBG2 yet.

kiwid posted:

I have no confidence they could make a successor in PUBG2.

They seemingly lucked into the popularity of PUBG1 by getting gun play right and now struggle with every new patch to implement something that the majority of players enjoy.

Hasn't it been leaked/announced there will be no PUBG2? They're going to continue work on the current game until it no longer makes sense?