Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
You know who else used the Kar98k?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Paingod556 posted:

Steamboat Willy?

The Nazis. I'm making a joke about the Nazis.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I got three kills with a van and kept one of the bodies as a trophy.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Can the pan block a hit from the crowbar or machete like a shield?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I still want to be able to change my dumb username.

3/10

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Rex-Goliath posted:

Chicken Dinner #5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-noKb655Qjc

For some reason youtube is refusing to finish processing this and allow HD streaming. I dunno

Your videos are beautiful

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
whoa

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

drunken officeparty posted:

It might just be in my head but since adding the game process to windows 10 virus scanning exclusion I haven't gotten stuck on the loading screen at all.

I have once so far.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I want to do a cars-only run, but with a submachine gun as backup.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

You do you but that's not "cars only" by definition. Part of the fun is how stupid it gets trying to run people down in small areas when they're armed and you're not.

I dunno. A car full of people with Thompsons doing drive-bys is pretty loving gangster.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
M4 or SCAR and an UMP9 are my security blanket.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Phobeste posted:

When do you find yourself switch to the UMP, and why? What's so different between an M4/SCAR on full auto and an UMP? I'm really bad so I don't know

I tend to use my M4 or SCAR for long-range single shots. I also play in groups exclusively and people are usually trying to take up all the 5.56 ammunition available, so it's easier to keep only one gun that uses that ammunition type and use a different ammunition for my secondary weapon. People tent to not fight over 9 mm like they do with 5.56 or 7.62.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Mauser posted:

God, get rid of the winchester. If I am scrambling around for a weapon, I would rather a 9mm pistol than the infinite winchesters in the game

When you find the Winchester, you become the Sheriff of Miramar.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Not enough swearing. Throw a few "literally's" in there and you'll be ready.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

MF_James posted:

That's a really interesting maintenance window.

It's an interesting maintenance window because Bluehole considers China to be their core market. Maintenance is done during the least busiest time in China, which is usually when most Americans are playing.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

MF_James posted:

Did not realize this, it makes sense then, it would be nice if there were serverwide messages that told you maintenance was happening....

There's a lot of things that Bluehole needs to do and the unexpected popularity of this game has utterly crushed this new company.

I have absolutely zero background or knowledge of how to make software or video games and do not pretend to or do I make cheap jabs about it.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I find the reduced ambience to be creepy and terrifying in this post-apocalyptic world. It's perfect.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
The best use of in-game public chat is playing music through it in the lobby and a bunch of people start dancing with head tilts.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Thom P. Tiers posted:

head tilts are the best

I wish it were possible to tilt your head in the car for some Night at the Roxbury hijinks.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I usually just work on my suicide note.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I wish the AKM was competitive with the M4 just so 5.56 ammunition wasn't at such a premium.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I don't mind that the M4 is the best general purpose weapon in the game, but the only thing that remotely compares to it is the SCAR, and it's not uncommon to use both of those guns at the same time. There needs to be a 7.62 weapon that can compete with the M4 that doesn't come out of a crate. It just seems like that un a sqiad, everyone is looking for 5.56 because we've all found a SCAR or M4 and we're all picking up a tactical stock to save when we manage to find an M4 of our own.

An AK-74 that can have as many attachments as the SCAR would be perfect.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Jack B Nimble posted:

I finish off a downed enemy unless there's still another target immediately available. I understand it's not optimal compared to finding their friends but I guess I'm just mean? I dunno, it's what I wouldn't want done to me so...thats how I know I should do it them?

Part of me just wants to "accomplish something" in the round.

I think it depends on the situation.

It's useful to keep players that you've knocked out alive so that when your team finishes off the last member of that squad, you'll get the toast for the whole enemy squad dying and you'll have confirmation that they're all gone. But finishing off an opponent that's knocked out also means that they can't be revived and can't feed information to their team.

I think it's best to leave a downed player alone when you're in a hot spot and there's several squads around because you probably just don't have the time, especially in the first few minutes of the game when you need to conserve ammunition. If it's just a fight between your squad and another, then finish them off if you can.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I try to finish people off all the time and every once in a while I steal another squad member's kill by taking out a knocked player.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I ripped off oddium's use of Melee sound effects for this video. I'm the one in the truck and my duo partner was on the motorcycle that hit me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgGEAhderPo

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Ihmemies posted:

I was a yuge nigga with an afro and somehow I got the feeling that I get spotted and hit too easily. Rolled a black bald woman and now I'm top 1%!!

What the gently caress is wrong with you?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
During early access, I was told that finding a Spetznaz helmet with any durability would garuntee that a Kar98 would not kill me with a headshot.

Is that true anymore?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I also don't understand the issue of a helmet saving your life from a fatal gunshot wound.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

HATECUBE posted:

game not real until i have to piss in the woods

I say the same thing about golf video games.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Ehud posted:

You should stream the game and make three dollars!

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Lying prone in the middle of the street to snipe someone with a suppressed UMP.

What the gently caress?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I don't think that anyone is complaining about how hard it is to change.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
AKM and a SCAR-L, M4, SLR, or Mini14 and I'm satisfied.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
The best thing about the crossbow and VSS is knowing that you pissed someone the gently caress off if you managed to kill them.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

VulgarandStupid posted:

Zombie mode is already in, but only for people with Custom Game access which they've gated behind some pretty strong social media requirements...

I can't figure that one out.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I am still scared and confused by all of these new grips. It just all seems like feature bloat.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I remember playing Descent with the default keys.

A was forward and Z was reverse.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
It turns out when you do something for 40 hours per week, you end up getting good at it after a while.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Neutrino posted:

You haven't met my coworkers....

its u

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan