Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matazat
Aug 12, 2011

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

twice in a row now Ive taken damage while landing my parachute on flat ground. I also took dmg vaulting over some rocks for no apparent reason. It wasn't much in any of the cases but still

This has been happening to me a lot when landing on roofs. It's happened when landing on those giant flat square warehouses so it's not like I'm hitting something on my way down. It only takes like a tiny sliver of health but it's still annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matazat
Aug 12, 2011

In my 3-4 hour session of duos last night we were killed by blatant hackers 3 times. It's getting out of hand.

Guess I'll just play fpp now.

Matazat
Aug 12, 2011

Slot 1 (close range): scar > M4 > AK > vector > ump > Tommy gun > M16 > uzi

I generally don't pick up the non-sniper crate weapons so I didn't rate them.

Slot 2 (long range): crate bolt-action > kar98 > crate semiauto > SKS > mini > 5.56 ARs > AK

Matazat
Aug 12, 2011

Rex-Goliath posted:

You should. The Groza and Aug are insanely good. Same goes for the M249 but it's a bit of a hog

I should, but I generally don't see them until late in the game and by then I'm done looting and I'd rather stick with an AR that I'm already comfortable using. The snipers all shoot more or less the same but the ARs have different rof/spread/recoil/etc that makes a big difference.

If there was a test range where I could try them all out freely then I might be more keen on picking them up (cmon blue hole)

Matazat
Aug 12, 2011

abigserve posted:

playerunknown admitted in the h3h3 podcast that 99% of hackers they have successfully banned are from China though that may have been a facetious remark

He also claimed in another interview that he thinks wanting a region lock is xenophobic, and that "it's 2017" and we should all share one big happy server together

Matazat
Aug 12, 2011

I got 21k BP back from the reimbursement, looking forward to uncrating a bunch of new red t-shirts over the coming weeks

Matazat
Aug 12, 2011

Does the AK suck now or did I just get bad? I can't hit anything at range with it, and even at close range I keep dying because the full auto sprays all over the place.

Matazat
Aug 12, 2011

I haven't seen any blatant killed-through-a-wall hackers on fpp, but there's definitely been some with no recoil.

Matazat
Aug 12, 2011

Which is better, SCAR or M4? Assuming each is fully kitted.

Also, vertical grip or angled grip?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matazat
Aug 12, 2011

Dangerllama posted:

I mean optimizing for the combination of all three, in order of their constituent importance. I mean, I suppose I know the correct answer is "it depends" or "drop somewhere semi populated, loot, and kill when you have to" but I'm just curious if there's anything else I should be thinking about.

My general strategy is to avoid fighting people who know where I am and I've had a lot of success with it in solo, duos, and squads. If someone shoots at you don't just peak back around the corner you ran behind, quickly and quietly move somewhere else where they won't be looking and then pop them.