Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Sometimes I play really well. Other times I get the drop on a guy and fire half my magazine to the right of my target and he turns around and casually murders me. I had an out of body experience as this was happening just before I died where I was like "why am I aiming there I should aim more to the left"

Thanks for listening to my story of badness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Methylethylaldehyde posted:

I run duos and "Contact, 135, left side of rock, 300ish meters" works loving amazing compared to the clownshows most people seem to have.

SEE A GUY NEAR THE BUILDING *he says standing in the middle of Pochinky*

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Sir Spaniard posted:

half a drum.

Uhh... I believe you mean "half a pancake"

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

It's hard for me to tell hackers from non-hackers in this game apart sometimes because hell, most of the time I die it's definitely because I was out of position or some stupid mistake I made so I don't even watch killcams because I know what happened already. So because of that I can only say I've really seen a single hacker - some joker who killed me and three other people in a moving vehicle with a single M4 burst.

Those two videos appear to be pretty egregious though.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Is anyone else having trouble getting into games right now? Twice in a row I've loaded into a game with some friends and we've either been booted or loaded in underneath the map.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Supressors are good and lol if you don't take them.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

But, they're playing the game optimally!

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

I watched one of the multicasts and it was surprisingly entertaining for the ten to fifteen minutes I watched. Gotta stop now but would watch again.

Edit: Lots of teams are surviving until later making the final few circles absolute crazy houses. I can imagine that the flip side is the early game is when, as s spectator, you'd go and get a drink or take a piss or something

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

why are people paying so much for pubg skins? the only purpose of skins in csgo to brag to other people when they pick them up

they can't do that here, can they

Playing dressup is the real end game of every game. You don't even need other people to see it to want to do it. Now excuse me...

*furiously spends hundreds of dollars on weapon skins*

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

VulgarandStupid posted:

Listen, someone bought me a copy of Tarkov and I played it for a solid two or three weeks. It has some interesting things going on for it, but as a multiplayer game is a complete failure. The ping (actual, not reported) is atrocious and multiplayer encounters feel completely invalid. There's no sense of actual fairness to the combat, gear aside. So maybe the gun play should be better than PUBG but you can't seperate the gun play from the lag, so the net result is garbage.

Oh, and then there's the 5 second door lag.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldLZPf0WHes

There is a real fun gem of a game hidden behind all of the bullshit. But as the developer is small and constantly loving up I have zero expectations it comes to fruition. Besides that, their ultimate vision for the game seems to actually detract from what makes the game appealing now. It's all supposed to end up as a super-hyper realism survival simulator making sure you stay hydrated and eat enough and take a poo poo at your house or whatever and loading the bullets into a magazine one at a time and other poo poo like that.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I mostly mean online multiplayer FPS, I don’t play single players games because it’s more fun to make a kid in the Midwest put his keyboard through a wall

Previously my standard was the battlefield games

I'll have you know that when I play video games I am INCREDIBLY POLITE AND CALM *Slams mouse into desk and breaks it*

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

The gun balance isn't great but there have been very few times I've died in this game - where both me and my target had ARs - where I thought 'drat, he had a slightly better gun than me' rather than 'I was ouytplayed' so, imo, the gun balance isn't terrible either.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Choco's realization that a guy was in the middle of the road using a supressed ump was pretty funny.

"He's just prone...in the middle of the road"

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Yep, playing solo probably accounts for like 1% of all my games so I don't play it alot, but I only have one solo dinner . It was an amazing game though, I was in the plane when a friend showed up to join me so I decided to drop school to get back to the lobby quick. I survived and the final circle ended up being just outside the building to the North. To pass the time I cleared all of Rozhok and the small compounds to the West before circling back. I think I had 15 kills.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

I just watched a Shroud replay and he spent the first five minutes complaining about.... glass? Threatening to quit if they didn't get rid of it? His main reasoning was performance and since sound plays an important role in this game he suggested the sound of glass breaking can be replaced by making the sound of vaulting as loud as glass breaking.

Idk I thought that was interesting.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Jerkface posted:

they really hosed up this patch. everything sounds worse. and their m16 buff is a nerf.

I'm so glad it isn't just me. I complained about this immediately. Everyone I play with regularly was telling me I was crazy.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Re cheating: yeah I haven't had even a suspect death since I started playing again.

:same:

The hacking situation is in a really good place. I play exclusively FPP and always in either a duo or squad so ymmv with other modes.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Thermopyle posted:

yeah smg + slr is a good combo

Honestly I'll take SMG + any DMR/SR as my favorite loadout. It's not just the SLR. I feel ARs have fallen real hard. The amount of times where I've said "drat I really wish I had an AR right now" is vanishingly small.

But then again I'm bad so you shouldn't listen to me at all.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Jiro posted:

New event is out since last night and it's fun on the bun! :dance: Getting to run around in a ghillie suit silently taking people out crossbowing them is great practice I've never had with it.

I got a crossbow kill yesterday (not in the event) for the first time in months and boy does that feel really good.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

I was briefly famous last night when me and another goon were killed by Shroud and Just9n.

Brief in that he murdered me so casually and quickly that I was only on his stream for less than 5 seconds.

https://clips.twitch.tv/CogentSilkyBatCharlietheUnicorn

I was the guy in the doorway on his left.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Dangerllama posted:

Their ability to clear houses is just ridiculous.

My duo was in a firefight with the 2nd guy he killed. What amazes me is that he got shot by the 2nd guy, approaches the house to kill him and still has the presence of mind to hear my footsteps, spin, kill me, and then continue on as if nothing happened.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

willroc7 posted:

Multiple goons have killed shroud & co. You ain't famous bich. Git gud.

LET ME HAVE THIS

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

VulgarandStupid posted:

Bizarro and Cobra Kai tags in the Discord are the only players I've noticed that can carry around a ~1.5 or higher KDR. So maybe ask them.

Is 1.5 KDR the line in the sand for being able to post or talk on Discord nowadays? Where do I get my badge and weapon?

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Thom P. Tiers posted:

I kill myself a lot in order to make them not wait and watch me get a top 5 and then die to 4 people shooting me at once :shrug:

I'd say 15-20% of my deaths are to eating self-made grenade sandwiches. So high five there buddy.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

the line is getting some chicken while doing 1 vs squad

So like two people are good enough to post?

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Schiavona posted:

Make goons feel right at home

The characters are so skinny though. Goons can't relate at all to that.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

I played like 5 games or so yesterday and one featured me loading in to have all of my buttons mapped incorrectly. Like W was left strafe and I couldn't even find where it remapped the fire button. Exiting to lobby and restarting fixed it but it was bizzare.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

VulgarandStupid posted:

Playing on a bad computer is getting you killed in close combat and has been since launch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgT_mMS3fuo

I would love to be able to say this was the cause of a lot of my deaths, but nope. I'm going to stick with the fact that I'm just bad at this game.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

blunt posted:

Don't steamers play custom matches?

Wait what? I thought guys like Choco just dropped normally like the rest of us. Is this a thing?

I mean, I know custom matches exist, but those were for special events like zombie games or whatever not to isolate themselves from the general game population.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

The fall of the M24 from crate weapon, to non-crate weapon but better than the Kar98, to now straight up worse than the Kar98 sure is something.

Ice Fist fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jul 17, 2019

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

I don't think it's a big deal. I just find it kind of an interesting journey. It's like they never really had a real plan for that gun, although that shouldn't really shock me I guess.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

I've been watching some of this and it's actually not terrible to watch. The spectator/broadcaster view is pretty neat. Just watched a solo win a 2v1 final circle using the old "hide in the grass" technique. It's also kind of interesting to what pros prioritize in these games.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

VulgarandStupid posted:

Just shout “I see a guy” and then nothing else.

I sometimes add "Near the tree" or "Near the rock"

But only sometimes

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

hahahahaha

Calling out someone who doesn't just volunteer to honorably line up perfectly with your cross hairs is always the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

John DiFool posted:

No game has replicated the rush and feeling of pressure from solos.

Hard disagree. There's nothing quite like playing Tarkov solo.