Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

I dread the day where there's no bugs to complain about. Makes it harder to willfully ignore the mistakes I make.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Got my solo fpp chicken tendies last night with an AWM and a Groza. Groza is a murder machine at 100 yards and under. 3rd place guy got salty over comms all ‘such bs I hope u like getting reported’. Too busy hunting down 2nd to respond but it put a smile on this gamers face.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

GarethOmni posted:

What the gently caress did they do to this game. My computer went from running it like a champ at low settings to acting like someone curbstomped it and it has all of its brains on the sidewalk. This update blows. If someone has any idea on how to fix it I am all ears, everywhere else that has a solution is from like a year ago.

Pretty much everyone saw improvement in performance in 1.0. Are you sure there’s not something wrong with your OS or hardware?

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Space Skeleton posted:

Real money required to open lootboxes in a game they already made insane profits on. Lootbox greed is a plague infecting the games industry.

As long as it’s just for cosmetics it doesn’t matter.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

I don’t understand why they won’t region lock the Chinese. It just takes one hacker to ruin 99 people’s game and they’re predominantly from China according to PU himself.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

Through stuff? That shouldn't be possible. Can you post video of the death cam or replay? I'd like to see it.

There’s been many videos posted which show hackers shooting people hundreds of meters away with shotguns through all types of obstacles and terrain. It’s pretty loving shameful that this game is so bad.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Fine, region lock NA and keep everyone else out.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

flatluigi posted:

I hate to break it to you but there are in fact hackers in the US

No poo poo but at a lower rate per capita.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

underage at the vape shop posted:

because pu reckons its xenophobic

PU is a loving moron then because the only reason people are calling for it is because they cheat so much.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

VulgarandStupid posted:

Your train of thought seems kind of backwards in terms of who’s letting someone do something. Also most games do not calculate bullet trajectories at all so things like a line of sight check which can be trivial doesn’t make sense when you have hit scan.

Hit scan literally is LOS check for fucks sake.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Dangerllama posted:

So what's the optimal strategy for:

- Improving your gun play.
- Not dying < 50.
- Optimizing for actually winning.

Fight more.
Fight less.
Only fight when you must, and from an advantageous position. Avoid fighting when you're at a disadvantage.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Thom P. Tiers posted:

People aren't hacking to earn (a maximum, if lucky) ~$250 steam dollars per year.

You're underestimating how much further $250 goes in some countries and the power of automation.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Soarer posted:

For reference I'm sitting at 1781 and in the top 8.9%. Pretty large % gap for relatively small rating gap.

They massively compressed the rating scale for inscrutable reasons. Standard bluehole.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

The m249 is the close range face melting gun. Also the mk14 with extended mag on auto melted two guys rushing me at a crate. That was fun.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Dangerllama posted:

Taking everything from a crate and then camping it for free kills is extremely my poo poo.

Also the more I play the more I think I’m handicapped by my keymap:

left control = fire
left alt = aim/ads
left/right mouse = forward/back

It seems like there’s a bigger penalty than in a lot of other FPS to not being able to toggle ADS or aim on the fly extremely quickly. I’d relearn the default bindings but I’ve been playing FPS’s this way since my dickhead friend showed me Quake and had his setup bound like this. So I guess I have keybinding herpes. But it’s been 20 years so gently caress if I’m changing.

I’m gonna be sick.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Having consistently high frame rates is definitely an advantage. If your machine starts stuttering or dropping frames in a firefight then it becomes extremely difficult to retain accurate control over mouse movement and recoil compensation.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Some people are also naturally gifted at using a KB/M, but Shroud has been doing this thing called PC gaming in shooters forever now and he's really, really good at it. Him having 16GB of RAM and a 1080 and he would still be really, really good at it. His equipment being top of the line is extremely marginal at having anything to do with him being any better than anyone else in the world.

If your computer is dropping frames during a fire fight then you have absolute poo poo equipment for this game and yes I agree it is hindering your performance. But I guarantee you if I gave shroud my computer he would absolutely wreck still (16GB, a 1060 6GB, and a Ryzen 5). I get 100 frames.

Shroud is an extreme outlier when it comes to skill. He has the experience and skill to compensate for less than ideal hardware. Most people will improve their chances a great deal just by having a computer that consistently maintains a high minimum frame-rate.

If you never notice frame drops or stuttering in this game then I literally have no words because it's definitely there. There are clips of shroud getting extreme drops in frame-rate in even basic encounters where no more than 4 players are present, and he runs a 8700k, 1080ti, and 3600Mhz DDR4 RAM which is top-tier hardware at the moment.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Also, I'm not trying to say that hardware trumps skill, but lovely hardware can and will hinder you a lot when it matters.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

If they lift the ban does it still show up on your Steam profile, or is it removed there as well?

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

F2P would likely kill the game with bots and hackers. Good luck with that.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Dropping hot is dumb as gently caress. Early game lag/desync is real, weapons still don't spawn before you land, and even if they do it's generally a crap-shoot as to finding a decent gun before the closest enemy.

This is the worst game to practice general FPS mechanics in since if you die you have to wait at least 2 minutes before hitting the ground again.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Just imagine what it would be like if pubg had been developed by a competent team of programmers.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Bluehole’s game design methodology involves a dartboard littered with ideas no one wants or asked for.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

They took out map selection because wait times were forever for some maps. They should at least implement a vote for map preference. I suspect there’s a group that wants Erangel & Miramar and there’s another that wants Sanhok & Vikendi.

They fractured the queue too much and I suspect that drove some players away. I definitely stopped playing as much when it became hard to queue for the larger maps.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Jiro posted:

I actually prefer Erangel, Miramar and Vikendi. Sanhok can go burn in hell. Especially after the Erangel loot and visual update. I like to go to far off corners loot up and start stalking people.

I never understood why people divided up liking the four maps into two pairs.

QBU is a great DMR that's better than the Mini14 tho.

Because games on the larger maps tend to be longer, slightly more strategic games.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Blue hole is a poo poo tier game dev shop who got majorly lucky with pubg.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

This game was the greatest in its prime. No game has replicated the rush and feeling of pressure from solos.

Unfortunately bluehole never got its act together enough to polish the diamond lurking in the turd sandwich, and instead continues to make horrible decisions that drives away core and casual players alike.

I don't know why anyone would subject themselves to this garbage anymore.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Star Man posted:

Why do we continue to play this imperfect game? And why can't any of us come up with a good reason?

I don’t anymore. I used to love it though. High water mark was 25% win rate over 75 solo fpp games during a season in 2018. I also ground my way to grandmaster (top 500 in solo fpp) first survivor season.

But the player base shriveled up with blue holes incompetence. And I suspect Apex ate a lot of pubg’s lunch. It isn’t as intense but it’s way more fun and polished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Haven't played in a couple months buuut I did play season 10 and had a 4.3 KD in duos with 13% win and 40% top 10.

I've played almost 7,000 games in my life god drat. Game is real good, devs are real bad and actively never wanted to fix the things that would keep it going.

My stats were generally worse in squads or duos because I was either dropping solo or playing with friends who were not into pubg like I was.

Sad to see this game die.