Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
That kind of thing is part of why when I made the Valerie NPC mod, she won't romance a wild mage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Charlett posted:

You made Valerie? I brought her along with Isra in one of my most recent BG1 runs. I really enjoyed her, so thank you for all of your hard work! :)

Yep. :) Truth be told her BG2 and ToB component is about 90% done, just what's left is some tricky coding I never really learned how to do and the modding community I once knew and could get help with is dead now. Same reason I've never updated her (or my old shame, Darian) for EE. I probably could beg for help somewhere and get her finished, but :effort:

Glad you enjoyed her.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

docbeard posted:

Yeah, I enjoy Valerie a lot too. The only reason I don't have her around in my current game is that my protagonist is a sorcerer and I can't really justify two (especially with Imoen a mage these days as well).

Quite fair, I'm just pleasantly surprised people like her.

I still have no idea why anyone liked the other mod I made, though. My only defense for Darian is that I did most of his writing when I was in high school. :v:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Samuel Clemens posted:

AFAIK, magic fire is never actually used in-game. It's purely a P&P remnant.

It's used by some mods, though, speaking as a former modder. I encountered that when quietly giving the Valerie mod her [small] resistances to cold, acid, and electricity that aren't on her character sheet.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Samuel Clemens posted:

Huh, interesting. What do they use it for? New spells?

Also, I completely forgot to list Barry's honours, so here goes: Ironling, Born Hero, Purist, Librarian, Trap Dodger, Melee Champion, Honorable Trader, Battlemaster, A God Among Men

I've seen it used occasionally for new spells and monsters, yeah, usually as a "You thought you were protected against fire? gently caress you" move.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

docbeard posted:

Hahaha, isn't this the one that even people who were otherwise into boasting about how they beat every other Tactics module with a single-class fighter armed with a rusty butter knife looked at and went "wow, that's a bit much"?

Yes, but that was kind of the point - Improved Ilyich was made mostly as a joke, to poke fun at precisely that kind of player.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Oh lordy, Valerie's portrait isn't supposed to make her look so... orange. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

docbeard posted:

(Enjoying finally having a party I can fit Valerie into, Sendai-related grousing aside)

That was one of the big problems writing Valerie's BG2 stuff that will probably never see the light of day (the BG2 and ToB component has been sitting at 80-90% complete for years), she's nominally an officer of Amnish law and that presents a significant narrative hurdle with many side quests.

Just happy to finally see one of the mod NPCs I made being used in one of these threads. :) Although the other was probably a mistake that no one in their right mind is likely to use. I was always baffled by fans of that mod.

• Locked thread