Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
I’ve been working on this for a while. Turns out, having a baby is exhausting and you’re lucky if you have time to eat a microwave burrito for a while. I actually prepared the chilies like a week ago during an incredibly rare baby nap that took place WITHOUT me holding him the entire time... and then my kid woke up, so I didn’t get to finish the job until tonight. And it’s still not quite done— the chili is in the crockpot now.

I have no idea how this is gonna turn out.

Please bear in mind that the pictures ARE very explicit and DO depict blood, human placenta, meat preparation, and frank discussion of what human meat tastes like. Also, this is CHILI, not beef stew, and it does NOT contain beans or tomatoes or sugar. It might not be as red as I’d like it, though, because I had to lean pretty heavy on the anchos.

Click on through for pics.

:nws: :nms:

Seriously, there’s a human placenta in here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Wow.

Hope you had come chianti to wash it down.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

i actually do know people who eat their placenta but i don't think they made it into chili so i'm both horrified and intrigued

e: :randpop:

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Chili has human bean in it

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
:patriot: this is horrifying but weirdly amazing :patriot:

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Korgan posted:

Chili has human bean in it

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Holy poo poo wow. You did it. I'm impressed and a little horrified, less because it's human meat and more because it's a placenta.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

:discourse:

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

:distonk:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:randno:

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Also, you named your son Kepler :allears:

Koivunen
Oct 7, 2011

there's definitely no logic
to human behaviour
Hooray! Can’t wait for the final review!

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax
Should have done it in lasagna!

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

:randpop:

You did it. Holy crap. Can’t wait for the final result

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Congrats you're officially a cannibal. Popular media now tells me you will develop an insatiable taste and start killing to get your fix.

I think the way people usually do this is to get it dried and turned into pills or something right?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

they also make Chinese herbal soup with it

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

I held my breath and only breathed when scrolling between pictures. Redder and more beef-looking than I thought, but... :nutshot:

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I don't like this.

Please keep posting.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

This is super duper cool :science:

I admit, one of the things I was most curious about was the texture, although "grainy and springy" doesn't make it seem as though I'm missing much. Maybe after it's simmered overnight it'll be better?

Millow
Apr 30, 2006

some say he's a rude dude with a crude 'tude
Does it really make you a cannibal if you're eating your own placenta though

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Millow posted:

Auto-cannibalism is still cannibalism dammit.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I think that hospital has broken you.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

elise the great posted:

Please bear in mind that the pictures ARE very explicit and DO depict blood, human placenta, meat preparation, and frank discussion of what human meat tastes like.
If that's not the whole reason you're here then I don't even know what you're doing with yourself.

Awesome job, Elise!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I... Think I want to applaud you?

Nevertheless, just imagine my avatar as my expression.

I mean, to be fair, the texture just doesn't plain look good for a chilli. Surely it'd be better as a component in a sausage.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Bottom floor of greatness, here I am.

:five:

elise you're a goddamn hero :patriot:

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Dropping in from the healthcare thread to witness Elise becoming a legend in yet another forum.

I enjoyed the write up, especially the phrase "you can't miss the fact that's it's human placenta". Like if you gave the chilli to anyone they'd immediately go 'eww, there's human placenta in this!'

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Samovar posted:

Surely it'd be better as a component in a sausage.

Dear god. My first is due in June, I'm going to see if I can convince my wife to let me make some brat-centa.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Dear god. My first is due in June, I'm going to see if I can convince my wife to let me make some brat-centa.

And serve it up to your customers?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Millow posted:

Well the baby grew inside you too but it's still cannibalism to eat it. Same deal

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quoted for posterity

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

chitoryu12 posted:

And serve it up to your customers?

Only the freshest local ingredients

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

chitoryu12 posted:

I think that hospital has broken you.
That's a given from working in healthcare long enough.

It probably says a lot about my that my main thoughts were "is a biohazard bag a good freezer container? Did the placenta get freezer burned?". (I'm assuming it was frozen since it's been sitting around for three months. If not...:gonk:)

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Well the baby grew inside you too but it's still cannibalism to eat it. Same deal

Could you legally harvest stem cells from an unborn baby for fun and profit?

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
Elise, you're an angel in heavy disguise and I appreciate your commitment to posting Good poo poo. Hi to all the future goons reading this from the goldmine!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Why, why would you do this?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

:getin:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
I'm at a loss for words. Thanks for posting this Elise.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.

Also, you named your son Kepler :allears:

For the astronomer! :3

bike tory posted:

Congrats you're officially a cannibal. Popular media now tells me you will develop an insatiable taste and start killing to get your fix.

I think the way people usually do this is to get it dried and turned into pills or something right?

The flavor hasn’t made a regular customer of me yet. I can see why it’s typically encapsulated, and I shake my head in awe at the women who make smoothies of it raw.

Millow posted:

Technically there’s some of my kid’s tissue involved too, so I’m like... an infanto-auto-cannibal

Samovar posted:

I mean, to be fair, the texture just doesn't plain look good for a chilli. Surely it'd be better as a component in a sausage.

It definitely wouldn’t be good as the primary meat in a chili. I’m basically treating it like chicken liver— I expect it to lose structural integrity and provide a nuance of flavor. The texture of regular chili seems to work well with it, although sausage is an excellent idea, and it might do well in a Filipino-style “chocolate pork” presentation.

jabby posted:

Dropping in from the healthcare thread to witness Elise becoming a legend in yet another forum.

I enjoyed the write up, especially the phrase "you can't miss the fact that's it's human placenta". Like if you gave the chilli to anyone they'd immediately go 'eww, there's human placenta in this!'

It might take a bit to piece it together. The flavor is very bloody and liver-y, but that birth-bed smell is pretty strong. The human-ness is diminished somewhat by cooking, though, so you might get the placenta part without guessing human.

Haifisch posted:

It probably says a lot about my that my main thoughts were "is a biohazard bag a good freezer container? Did the placenta get freezer burned?". (I'm assuming it was frozen since it's been sitting around for three months. If not...:gonk:)

It was definitely frozen, and the biohaz bag did a great job! Mind you, there was almost no air in the bag and I double-bagged it with a ziploc, and I really did push the length of time that meat is usually good in the freezer, but at least it was frozen very fresh.

Burt Sexual posted:

Why, why would you do this?

...Why not?

• Locked thread