Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
Aight, I’m gonna go have Day-Off breakfast at a local diner with my husband, and then I’m gonna come back & finish desecrating this chili

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You absolute madwoman.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
"Do you have anything here that would pair well with spicy, beany placenta slop?"

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Bogart posted:

"Do you have anything here that would pair well with spicy, beany placenta slop?"

Elise has access to IV bags of alcohol. Just like five of those.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
I'm mainlining placenta puree

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
GWS has filled me with surprise and wonder these past few days, but this takes the goddamned cake.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

I'm mainlining placenta mince

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

elise the great posted:

The human-ness is diminished somewhat by cooking

If I had a nickel for how many times I've heard that.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Oh, the human chili!

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Placenta Purse used to be great but then their drummer OD'd and they started adding guitar to everything so the music changed a lot. Too much for me. /:

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

:argh:

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

elise the great posted:

It might take a bit to piece it together. The flavor is very bloody and liver-y, but that birth-bed smell is pretty strong. The human-ness is diminished somewhat by cooking, though, so you might get the placenta part without guessing human.
What's 'amniotic' like?

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
Kind of protein-sweet, but in the way that your postnasal drip is “sweet” when you’re sick, ie makes you want to gag. Heating it, and removing the amniotic sac + velamentous membrane, seems to temper the sugar-mucus nastiness into a mere offal flavor.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

elise the great posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion> A Mere offal Awful Flavor.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Fish Noise posted:

What's 'amniotic' like?

It's why fresh babies smell really good

elise the great
May 1, 2012

I thought that was vernix, the cheesy stuff? Apparently nipples smell amniotic too, at least to newborns, because of the goop that Montgomery tubercles secrete. But vernix has that new-baby-head smell to it, whereas childbed stank is just... animal.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

bike tory posted:

It's why fresh babies smell really good

Maybe we shouldn't be using the word 'fresh' to describe babies in this particular thread.

elise the great
May 1, 2012

Better than “frozen”

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

elise the great posted:

I thought that was vernix, the cheesy stuff? Apparently nipples smell amniotic too, at least to newborns, because of the goop that Montgomery tubercles secrete. But vernix has that new-baby-head smell to it, whereas childbed stank is just... animal.

Probably both? I'm no nurse or midwife, but the amnio smell is what comes to mind when I think of fresh babby because it's way more pungent. I think you're right that the vernix is responsible for that traditional "baby smell" but they've been marinading in amnio for 9 months so I'm sure that's in there too.

voiceless anal fricative fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Dec 29, 2017

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar

Waiting for the proper preparation for the inevitable cookbook.

elise the great
May 1, 2012

Well folks, I finished the chili! Final shots and thoughts behind the original link... it actually, uh, came out pretty good.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

:justpost:

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
Your write-ups are amazing as always. I can almost taste the subtle placenta overtones

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe
And here I thought I missed the thread somehow! Awesome, glad it came out tasty in the end. Kind of makes me want to attempt something similar with beef liver in chili...

elise the great
May 1, 2012

I’m seriously gonna try adding chicken livers to chili after this. I loving love chicken livers so the results should be bangin.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

elise the great posted:

I’m seriously gonna try adding chicken livers to chili after this. I loving love chicken livers so the results should be bangin.

I soak chicken livers in milk overnight to pull the acrid piss flavor out, sear them hard, and puree them into chili every time I make it.

Also, I was planning to do a boudin actually, funny that is what you mentioned.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Do you share your placenta eating stories with your lead doctors and coworker nurses?

elise the great
May 1, 2012

Yeah, I usually do a milk soak on livers, and I actually meant to do one here, but then I realized that half of the placenta hadn’t drained right and was clotty. Eating fresh chicken livers has taught me better than that poo poo. Clots tend to, like, absorb milk somehow and become incredibly loving disgusting.

Also, yes, I share my placenta adventures with all comers. One of the unit secretaries has been hounding me for weeks to get it done. I even shared my elf dick rant with one of the intensivists.

One of my life goals is that, when I die and they inevitably make the documentary, everyone they interview will just shrug and say, “Well yeah she was really actually like that.”

CantDecideOnAName
Jan 1, 2012

And I understand if you ask
Was this life,
was this all?
Popping out of lurking to say that you are a strange and wonderful person, Elise, and I love that you not only did this, but documented it for the internet as well.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
Posting again in this thread hours later now that I have decided that this is so gross.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

VERTiG0 posted:

Posting again in this thread hours later now that I have decided that this is so gross.

Goons with spoons!,

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

I would like to re-read the Mama Cat story, somewhere.

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.
This is loving amazing. You're a god among goons, Elise.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

re: potential placenta sausages, since a placenta used to be a bag that contains a child, but now it is the one contained within a bag. is the casing going to be made of placenta too? if you make sausage rolls out of the placenta sausages, should you also include placenta into the pastry?

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

no

Cuazl
Mar 19, 2009

jabby posted:

Auto-cannibalism is still cannibalism dammit.

Actually, the placenta is part of the baby! It develops from the trophoblast layer of the embryo, which digs into the endometrium like a parasitic plant.

Grats on eating your own baby, OP.

elise the great
May 1, 2012

I would not use the membranes attached to the placenta as sausage casing. No joke, they reeked of womb juice. It’s... offputting.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

elise the great posted:

I would not use the membranes attached to the placenta as sausage casing. No joke, they reeked of womb juice. It’s... offputting.

Can people opt to not have you as a patient care giver?

elise the great
May 1, 2012

I’ve been fired as a caregiver at least twenty times— people do this for all sorts of reasons, although I can honestly say I’ve never been fired for failing to appreciate the flavor of amniotic membranes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Way to go Elise! :swoon:

Please notice my av, I've been having LOTS of fun in GBS
:kiss:

• Locked thread